Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did he get the money?

I don't understand this question.

Aren't we talking about the relative pittance of $12,500, if he paid cash in full instead of using a bondsman? Wouldn't he have had to come up with even less - say only $1,250, which is pocket change - if he used a bondsman? Isn't ZA said to be a big-time meth dealer? Don't drug dealers make significant money from their drug dealing?

many drug dealers and manufacturers are doing so to support their own habits.

Rich dealers are rich because they do not sample their own wares.

Poor dealers are those who deal simply to pay for their own idiocy.

Aren't we talking about the relative pittance of $12,500, if he paid cash in full instead of using a bondsman? Wouldn't he have had to come up with even less - say only $1,250, which is pocket change - if he used a bondsman? Isn't ZA said to be a big-time meth dealer? Don't drug dealers make significant money from their drug dealing?

You'll have to read back a few posts to understand it. He allegedly bonded out so I questioned where he got that kind of money.

I agree. With over 20 arrests I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a bondsman on "speed dial". Quite possible he had pledged his real property to the bondsman many times before. I've not seen any evidence he had ever "jumped bond" before. This fool is a bondsman's client of the year. I wouldn't have been surprised if the bondsman was not feverishly working on the $1M bond before the "NO BOND" was announced. JMO

You'll have to read back a few posts to understand it. He allegedly bonded out so I questioned where he got that kind of money.

I already followed the conversation. But again, I don't understand your point. Since when is $12,500 (or maybe even only $1,250) some sort of significant amount?!?!? And the question goes double since he's someone who might have lots of extra resources from selling drugs.

many drug dealers and manufacturers are doing so to support their own habits.

Rich dealers are rich because they do not sample their own wares.

Poor dealers are those who deal simply to pay for their own idiocy.

Yes, all that is interesting theory. But (a) I'm saying it's a huge leap to assume that ZA is broke, (b) I've seen nothing to suggest that ZA was some sort of drugged out zombie who used more than he sold, and (c) unless someone is next to destitute, coming up with $1,250 is NOT that huge a hurdle, even if he is NOT enjoying the benefit of tax-free income.

count me among one of the thousands of Americans next to destitute then. $1250 would be a LOT fro me to come up with. A LOT. I am employed, live within my means and have a tight budget.

Druggies are not known in general for regular employment, living within their means or by a budget (tight or loose). Therefore, dealer or no, I am acting under the assumption he did not have $1250 laying in his nightstand drawer. I am imagining he used a bail bondsman or had someone pawn something of his that had value.

Just to clarify - I was not one of those questioning where he came up with his bond. It is my opinion that someone who has been arrested as many times (at least 53??) as he is very skilled at drumming up bond quickly even if he does not have that kind of ready cash.

In the newly-released docs at my link above, grandpa posted bond for him at least once. IIR it was $5K. I didn't see another photo of a bond check, but admittedly I just scanned through real quickly...

I already followed the conversation. But again, I don't understand your point. Since when is $12,500 (or maybe even only $1,250) some sort of significant amount?!?!? And the question goes double since he's someone who might have lots of extra resources from selling drugs.

It was just a question. I wasn't making a point.

Holly is no longer listed on FBI missing page, yet Sierra LaMar is. Whatever that means.

Holly is no longer listed on FBI missing page, yet Sierra LaMar is. Whatever that means.

Interesting. It could mean Holly's body/remains were found. Sierra is still missing even though her accused killer is in jail.

Interesting. It could mean Holly's body/remains were found. Sierra is still missing even though her accused killer is in jail.

Not sure if that page is often kept up though...nothing about the arrests in either case, on the page.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/section/news25?odyssey=refresh Lots of new linked documents here... arrests, GJ indictments, etc.

Just getting caught up on this. The GJ indictments list an FBI agent and a TBI agent, in the docs above.

The TBI SA CF is an interviewer (speaking about specialities, not limiting what she actually does) and if IRC, she was the interviewer in another case where children and a woman had been abducted and removed from the state and she was one of the agents that got the Mom and Wife of the POI/PS to turn on what had gone down.

Couple that with an FBI agent and I assume her testimony (and possibly his) to the GJ would have been relevant to someone turning based on evidence that was found. So, it might not be enough to say: Here's the body. But it may be enough to corroborate a theory that had already been developed based on what evidence was available. IE, it might have been the "missing link" for the arrest. Again, not necessarily a body, but the explaining fact. An interview where someone makes a statement against interests (as in the kidnapping and murder case I recalled her from) is pretty damning evidence.

Point is, they had to have been sent in to say something to the GJ that was convincing. Maybe not 1000% concrete, but convincing and indictable.

I still believe it will be interesting to see what happens at JA's parole hearing on March 25, 2014. I believe DA's sentencing is in Fed court April 4, 2014 which should be interesting too. JMO

The TBI/FBI has been so quiet since Zach Adams' arrest.

I am beginning to believe that all the evidence may be pointing directly toward ZA and no one else.

Which would really make a lot more sense to me. It is highly unusual for multiple suspects to kidnap, rape (IMO) and murder a young female. It is almost always done by one lone male perpetrator/predator.

The thing about reading 'over there' is a lot of people are attention seekers and will put out stuff that isn't true, and there is a lot of blaming going on, and horrible accusations against those who have not even been arrested for anything ever in their lives.

It makes me so appreciative of WS even more and how they conduct themselves here and expects us to do the same.

I saw it go on for myself for years 'over there' during the Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker murder case. If everyone had really believed the rumors/false allegations swirling like a tornado, night and day, that were being put out by the so called locals, everyone would have believed that Taylor's grandfather was the murderer of both girls and LE was going to arrest him. When in truth, it turned out to be all lies made up by attention seekers who are always wanting to blame an innocent person without a shred of evidence to back it up. It went on for years until the real suspect was finally arrested.

So now I feel his running buddies may have known about it afterwards when he bragged to them, but I am not sure that anyone else is involved with the actual kidnapping, and murder of Holly.

It makes logical sense to me that if they have the goods on Adams (and I believe they do) they would already know if someone else was involved and would learn that during their investigation. And I do believe this investigation concerning ZA has been going on for a long time before he was arrested.

Just because some of his buddies are being incarcerated doesn't mean they cant have charges brought against them now. ZA was also being held for another crime and they still charged him with Holly's kidnapping and murder.

Topix has always been a hot mess of rumors. That is also the forum that spread the crazy rumor that Holly's disappearance was a Hoax! Search for that on Google and then you'll realize just what agony the family has been through the past three years. :mad:

I've been reading about this case almost since the beginning and one misconception is that the FBI came in and saved the case because the TBI was bungling everything. I don't believe that's true.

The TBI said early on that the FBI would be involved to follow up leads outside the state. Actually it's rather remarkable that the TBI has been so consistently involved with this case from start to finish, and the FBI has never been that over-involved.

One reason the FBI might have taken a look at this case was because it resembled some other cases they were working on in adjacent states like Alabama or Georgia. And they may always have liasons working with the TBI for all we know.

Also around the time Holly was abducted several other women were missing in TN including Karen Swift and Gail Palmgren, and naturally all of that seemed connected. But in both of those cases the bodies were later found by local LE and had nothing to do with Holly's disappearance. But people were angry at the TBI for not doing "enough" at the time, even though both bodies were hidden by foliage in inaccessible places. Karen Swift's case is still unsolved but that's a local case, not a kidnapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow