Hoover & D. Casey Depos in Gonzales Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this case is getting to me, I admit I started laughing as I was reading that motion of DC's..I know this whole thing is a serious matter, and shouldn't be made into a joke, but I really couldn't help thinking this was the silliest piece of paper I have ever read.. at least of anything to ever pass through a lawyers hands and wind up in a court room.

They must be running short of lawyers down in Florida, to have found one who would be willing to sign her name to that.

ITA with your first comment. It was just stunning.

Believe me, there is no shortage of lawyers here in Florida. It's just that the reputable lawyers wouldn't touch any aspect of the defendants case with a ten foot pole.
Thus leaving the muck dwellers for all of the other KC Cling On's.

MR Casey accuses Mr Morgan of 'grandstanding' then CC's a copy of his motion to a zillion people (including Jose Baez).

Mr Morgan sends a copy to the court and Mr Caseys attorney.

You just can't learn 'class', you either have it, or you don't.

JM also keeps it simple and obvious:

"As the court is aware, witnesses have no standing to attack the lawsuit. The rationale for keeping witnesses out of the business of the lawsuit itself is that they are not involved directly in the facts nor the law. This misguided, misinformed motion provides a classic example of why witnesses should leave litigation to the litigants."

"The Court's valuable time should not be taken up compelling attendance of witnesses who are properly served to appear and answer questions. Mr. Casey needs to show up for his deposition as witnesses do every single day. If counsel is forced to attend a hearing to compel attendance, sanctions will be requested."

I am no legal expert, but just judging from what I have read and seen, this motion written by Dianna T. is laughable. I have never seen a lawyer state, that his/her client's testimony/knowledge would not help the plaintiff in the case, and therefore there is no need for said client to be deposed. Usually that determination is made during the deposition, I believe. If every witness subpoened to testify in a case, civil or criminal, could simply state, via their attorney, that they have nothing relevant to offer...there would be no witnesses showing up at depositions or trials.

OK, you have just got to read the response from John M to Dominic's Motion to Strike...VERY GOOD READING !

It sounds like Dominic is still very much in the the A's court !

I swear to me it sounds like CA wrote it! DC's motion just had that CA flair for the dramatics! JMO

The hearing on these matters is set for September 9th at 3:15PM.
http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/06/key-court-date-set-in-casey-an.html

Why oh why is this taking so long???

I to want to know why it is going to take so long. I don't understand:confused:, you would think the court would have time on the docket much earlier. I just see it now, BC will hurt his back again, Cindy may be the one to try to commit herself, or DC's will be sick and another continuance.:furious:

The hearing on these matters is set for September 9th at 3:15PM.
http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/06/key-court-date-set-in-casey-an.html

Why oh why is this taking so long???
Meet me at the Honey Pot!!!! This is ridculous. That day is special in our house. Both my sons were born on Sept. 9th, although they are six yrs. apart. My oldest is a square root baby due to his bithday falling on 9-9-81. Maybe this will be good luck and they will bump up trial to Oct. Ya Right!

I don't understand the reason for setting this hearing three months away either, it's ridiculous. I just can't believe the court calendar is that packed. Please someone help me understand this madness...please !

It is people like Diane T who make this case a circus. Shame on her.

It is people like Diane T who make this case a circus. Shame on her.
I couldn't agree with you more. Her "motion" was unprofessional and just plain ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she and Jose graduated from the same college.

I so can't wait for September !

I wonder if these lawyers (in this case) meet and have beer and talk about how they can beat the system!

Homicide is never a joke. A 2yr old whose parent & extended family collude to lie about her tragic murder is just reprehensible.An attorney such as Diane T. should be disciplined for making the requests of the court a three ring circus. I hope Judge Strickland will finally reach the end point of his patience & make appropriate ruling regarding these attorneys & their clients. This is beyond ridiculous.

Will this hearing in September be in front of Judge R. ? He seems to be a very calm, mild mannered man, but I bet even he has his boiling point. Wonder if Diana will get educated by him come September. I hope he has had enough of the nonsense, take the gloves off Judge Rodriguez !

I don't understand the reason for setting this hearing three months away either, it's ridiculous. I just can't believe the court calendar is that packed. Please someone help me understand this madness...please !

The court calendar in civil cases is overloaded right now especially because of all the foreclosures. IIRC, Judge R also handles foreclosures.

If you go to http://www.myorangeclerk.com you can locate the Judges and their case loads based on Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate etc., etc.

Will this hearing in September be in front of Judge R. ? He seems to be a very calm, mild mannered man, but I bet even he has his boiling point. Wonder if Diana will get educated by him come September. I hope he has had enough of the nonsense, take the gloves off Judge Rodriguez !

I looked at Judge R.'s court calendar for September and so far it hasn't been posted there yet. However, when I reviewed the case file, everything still shows up under Judge R. IMO, yes he will be handling the civil case.

The court calendar in civil cases is overloaded right now especially because of all the foreclosures. IIRC, Judge R also handles foreclosures.

If you go to http://www.myorangeclerk.com you can locate the Judges and their case loads based on Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate etc., etc.
Thanks Patty...I didn't think of all the foreclosures being involved, but that explains it !

I find it very interesting that Dominic is fighting the request for him to depo at the ZFG civil lawsuit. He is fighting on the basis of it being privileged and that he was part of the Defense for KC but .... to me that speaks volumes that -- therefore -- he was searching on behalf of JB and KC very close to where the remains were found.

That's surely problematic in that direction was coming from the Defense as to the location of the remains dump site.

In new news......

http://www.wftv.com/news/21405263/detail.html

"A private investigator has stepped up his fight to keep from going under oath in the case against Casey Anthony. Dominic Casey filed a motion on October 21, to stop his deposition scheduled for November."

The fact that he is so concerned about even having to give a deposition I believe answers many of our questions. My question is this.....if there is nothing to hide then why is it an issue? If he IS hiding something....then what is his main concern? He had a signed agreement with the A family. Because any info discovered under that contract is not protected by priveledge, I tend to believe that his biggest concern is that he has somehow broken the law and wants to use priveledge with Baez to protect himself. It is really the ONLY answer. Additionally, if it comes out in deposition that he knew about Caylee's death and the location of her remains...his career is OVER.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21405276/detail.html
"Comes NOW Dominic Case, by and through undersigned counsel, and
hereby files the attached PRIVILEGE LOG OF DOMINIC CASEY in support of Mr.
Casey's Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition and Motion for Protective Order in the above-styled case."

From todays current news thread.

Sheeze ........ first we have JB's motions which have failed the spellchecker, now DCaseys. Don't these people proof read before they print? Guess not.

And claiming privileged information. :loser: Too late to close that barn door since CA turned over the emails between DC/CA/LA/JB and they are part of released discovery.

Can't wait to read Aston's response to this one.

I find it very interesting that Dominic is fighting the request for him to depo at the ZFG civil lawsuit. He is fighting on the basis of it being privileged and that he was part of the Defense for KC but .... to me that speaks volumes that -- therefore -- he was searching on behalf of JB and KC very close to where the remains were found.

That's surely problematic in that direction was coming from the Defense as to the location of the remains dump site.

In new news......

http://www.wftv.com/news/21405263/detail.html

"A private investigator has stepped up his fight to keep from going under oath in the case against Casey Anthony. Dominic Casey filed a motion on October 21, to stop his deposition scheduled for November."

BBM

Isn't the November deposition that he is fighting a State depo rather than a Morgan depo? I mean, he's fighting the Morgan depo, too, but didn't Judge Rodriguez put that one "on hold"? Didn't JR order that DC didn't have to attend the Morgan depo?

Maybe I am all confused.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member