How the defense team used social media to their advantage

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasn't about defending an innocent person,it was about getting a NG at all costs. Surprise,surprise.

Not sure where to post this question, but I am wondering if yesterday when the investigators were doing their presser, did they say or indicate if anyone was going to coninue to investigate this case? Is it over even though so many people think she was murdered and not drowned. Or even if it was an accident it wasn't drowning, etc.

I would like to know that someone is still trying to get to the truth. jmo

The Casey murder trial is over, indubitably, completely, irretrievably over (I have to say this to myself). There's no going back from the verdict. She's legally innocent.

We'll never know what really happened to Caylee, even if Casey was convicted of murder. She's the only one who knows. There is a ton of information that wasn't presented in the trial for various reasons. It's all circumstantial. It's convinced the "informal jury" (like, 2/3 of America).

Mods please remove if this has been discussed already:

http://www.trialconsultants.com/

"The consultants' job was hardly over once the jury was picked. In fact, that's when it became a full-time gig for Singer. The consultants were tasked with monitoring voluminous social media sites to keep their finger on the public's pulse. To keep up with the blog traffic, Singer asked for volunteers on the website of the American Society of Trial Consultants and was overwhelmed with responses.

When Singer first told Baez about the social media plan of attack, he wasn't convinced.
"He said, 'Do we really need to do that?'??" recalls Singer, who believes the prosecution also did not realize the need to monitor social media.

snip

Once Singer assured Baez of the necessity of social media, she and her team combed through blogs to isolate the "important negative comments" they felt needed to be addressed.
snip

For instance, when the blogs started attacking George Anthony, Singer and her team took notice and encouraged the defense to beef up their attacks on the defendant's father.

"We had to know how much to blame George," she said. Similarly, bloggers "loved" Cindy Anthony until she took credit for the chloroform searches and then began to turn on the defendant's mother. At that point, Singer's team "distanced ourselves" from her and encouraged Baez to take a watered-down position in closing arguments that "at least she had some sort of maternal instinct."

snip

Lawyers USA: You said blogs were a "life saver" in the case. How so?

happened after [her daughter Caylee] died, [such as Casey partying and getting a tattoo in the month after], nothing before, so it doesn't go to premeditation.

snip

Singer: We sent comments constantly to [defense attorneys] Jose [Baez] and Dorothy [Clay Sims]. They had to integrate the comments into the trial and think fast, and they geared their case toward that. For example, when Cindy (Casey's mother) testified [that] she did a [Internet] search for chloroform, everybody hated her. But others said this was a mother protecting her child. So we knew how to play that. That's exactly what Jose said in his closing: 'She's protecting her child.'

Much more on this site.

I know that's true because I have a post somewhere in here that said the Defense is coming in here because the very next day after I brought something up, the DT attacked it. So I warned people that was going on. Too bad the prosecution didn't pay closer attention.
I saw it going South when JA made fun of an expert, and he put the final icing on the cake when he laughed at JB during closing arguments. That jury was for the underdog and they were the type that needed hand holding and LOTS of it. :banghead:

Not sure where to post this question, but I am wondering if yesterday when the investigators were doing their presser, did they say or indicate if anyone was going to coninue to investigate this case? Is it over even though so many people think she was murdered and not drowned. Or even if it was an accident it wasn't drowning, etc.

I would like to know that someone is still trying to get to the truth. jmo

The case is, unfortunately, closed. O.V.E.R. Casey got away with murder. She can't ever be retried on any charges having to do with the death and disappearance of Caylee.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The Casey murder trial is over, indubitably, completely, irretrievably over (I have to say this to myself). There's no going back from the verdict. She's legally innocent.

We'll never know what really happened to Caylee, even if Casey was convicted of murder. She's the only one who knows. There is a ton of information that wasn't presented in the trial for various reasons. It's all circumstantial. It's convinced the "informal jury" (like, 2/3 of America).

I know the trial is over and she was acquitted of murder, but as far as I am concerned the trial brought up more questions than answers. And if someone else was found to be involved they could be tried. And if there is evidence that shows she was directly involved there would be some way she would have to asnwer for it. those are just my thoughts.

^^
To add to my post above, that is not to say the DEBATE is over. This case, IMO, will go on forever just as the Jon Benet Ramsey case has. There was never any closure or answer to that case and it is still hotly debated.

I don't think this site can specifically take much credit (or blame), because it's one of many many sites that were discussing the case all along. The same things that were being said here were being said on dozens of other sites, in chat rooms, in comments to stories in the news media, on other message boards.

Another quote:

"I preferred to have people on the jury who didn't have children. All the bloggers kept saying, 'I'm a grandparent and if my grandkid went missing for three minutes I would know,' or, 'I'm a mother and I wouldn't be out partying if my daughter was missing.'

Wow he needed a blog to figure that out?

JA credited LDB with coming up with that. It was on one of the interviews after the verdict. He said she brought it up to JA not long before closing arguments.

Who do you think was texting him as to what to say during the trial, there were times he didn't have a next question till he looked down. She (KC) had a chit load of lawyers. We simply didn't see them in court. :banghead:

They would not have to have registered just to read what was being posted here...only if they wanted to post.

Which is why I've posted several times that I think you should have to register in order to read here.

Also, I see no reason to allow phones, blackberries etc into the court room.

I don't think this site can specifically take much credit, because it's one of many many sites that were discussing the case all along. The same things that were being said here were being said on dozens of other sites, in chat rooms, in comments to stories in the news media, on other message boards.

Don't underestimate this site. That's where they got the Yuri Melich story re: blogging about the case, because we all wished him well when he was recovering from his leg accident. There were alot of new sign ups and they monitored this site alot. :twocents:

^^
To add to my post above, that is not to say the DEBATE is over. This case, IMO, will go on forever just as the Jon Benet Ramsey case has. There was never any closure or answer to that case and it is still hotly debated.

Or until she screws up again like Joran V. and OJ. :loser:

I dont think so, the prosecution isnt tasked with coming up with ideas. Their job is actually to... i know, this will sound crazy.... tell the truth and show evidence that supports it lol. I think it's insulting that defense attorneys admit that their theory of innocence was not based on what happened, but based on judging people's stupidity and weakness. I dont want a prosecutor to try to change the theory based on what the public likes or is susceptible to, I want them to present what the evidence shows. And they did.

Unfortunately we ended up with 12 people with no critical thinking skills and common sense, but I wouldn't want the prosecutors to lower themselves to the disgusting level the defense team did in this case just to win. Id rather focus on making jury duty harder for people to get out of, making laws that jurors cant profit on cases, and not automatically excuse someone who has heard about the case as long as they say they can judge fairly on the evidence.

I do not blame the Prosecution. The burden of PROOF is on them and they have to go by facts and expert testimony.
The defense can just, it seems. throw out accusations and try to go on peoples sympathy for their poor, molested (lol) client.
If the defense cant figure things out for them and have to go oninternet and read what we say, well goes to show how intelligent they are:crazy:

Thanks for confirming that the defense's story was completely fabricated, and formed as a result of what would fly and not what actually happened! Not that I didnt know, but again, thanks for the confirmation...

Exactly! "We had to know how much to blame George"?!?!

So this is OK? Get someone off on murder by lying. I'm sick. Just so sick.

These people should not get away with this. Karma. Please.

I haven't read all the way through this thread, (sounds really interesting) I say who cares, so what, the whole world knows the truth, the whole world knows who murdered Caylee! I believe in KARMA. This only shows that some people don't have enough confidence in themselves to do their job honestly.

This also shows why JB was never prepared. He was waiting to be told what to do, how to do it, what to say and how to say it.

Dang, I must be more naive than I thought! I would NEVER have suspected the DT or the PT of using websites such as this to form theories to present in a court of law.

Certainly we helped. We helped to prove that this defense team couldn't defend their client. It took going to social media to figure out how to get to the jurors because the defense team couldn't get an ounce of truth out of their client as to what happened to Caylee.

And the same way we helped with that, we are also helping to prove that these jurors did not believe in Casey's innocence, but that they couldn't follow the law in their deliberations.

This jury consultant can brag all day long about how social media helped the case, but I see it differently, he's another one coming forward basically proving his idiocy. JMHO

This makes me sick at heart, to think anything I said might've been used to benefit the defense. I will never participate in lending my opinion on-line to an active trial or investigation again. Ugh. :sick:

I only hope the witness tampering investigation is successful, and as far as that goes, :silenced:

For instance, when the blogs started attacking George Anthony, Singer and her team took notice and encouraged the defense to beef up their attacks on the defendant's father.

"We had to know how much to blame George," she said.

This sounds like they used this research to decide who to vilify. If they were telling the truth...or even Casey's version of the truth...there would be no difference in "how much to blame George."

The truth is the truth. This was a sham defense. They perpetrated a fraud IMO.

BBM Since this was the first case and trial I ever followed in it's entirety, I am shocked. I thought our justice system was based on truth, honesty, and ethics. Silly me. How naive I must be. I feel so horribly used and jaded from this. :cry:

ETA: Wonder if it has always been this way or is this just another (sad) symptom of our sick world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member