DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Roselvr

Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I was in the Arroyo Grande thread where I wanted to copy over a few posts for newer people. One reply that I wanted to copy was articles I had posted. I found a reply by me where I linked to that post but of course the link didn't work because it was done before the forum software upgrade. I knew it couldn't be that hard to figure out what was the difference between the new URL and the old. It wasn't that hard either; I'll list it here for anyone else needing to link to an older post from before the forum upgrade.

As an example, here is the reply where I mentioned see my post here.

She was raped. See my post here. It was in an early article, they stopped saying it.

attachment.php

The URL has changed in a few parts of it, so to grab a "new link" I went to the post above and clicked where it said it's post #613. I right clicked to grab the URL. I pasted the URL in a reply box. I then went to my words post here. I then right clicked to grab the URL, I then pasted the URL in the reply box under my other copied URL.

URL for post #613 - I have to put spaces in it for it to post
https:// www.websleuths. com/forums /threads/nv-henderson-arroyo-grande-whtfem-258ufnv-14-25-oct80-graphic.34120/page-31#post-12940690

The URL for the words post here ended in #post12854715; I then removed 12940690 from the post 613 link and added 12854715.

Next, I could see the new URL still used the page number; so I knew the other reply had to be before page 31. I changed 31 to 30, hit enter on my keyboard, no go. Changed 30 to 29, still no go. When I changed it to 28 and hit enter on my keyboard, up popped the reply!

Hopefully everyone understands what I did and will find it useful

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back