How toxic is the water?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
kgeaux said:
They'll all be doing the Pepto Bismal Dance!
Yep, get the Imodium AD (sp) ready.........that's what my mom takes for the "Trots" :laugh:

BillyGoatGruff said:
New Orleans has a long standing hisotry of problems with diseases that thrive in moisture and heat, especially those that grow within air conditioners. Back in the laste 1980s/early 1990s I knew 3 people who came down with Bell's Palsy in NO, two within a year of each other, and they didn't have anything in common except that I knew them--didn't work, shop, socialize anywhere near one another. The Bell's Palsy was the reuslt of contaminated/uncleaned air conditioner filters.
Back in the 1900s scarlet fever nearly wiped out half the city. Entire households died within days of each other. I remember seeing a gravestone in historic Metairie cemetery, where there was twleve names, twelve different birth dates and twelve identical death dates. The grave stone bore the inscription: "We Are All Here."
That is so very sad..<wiping tear out of eye> :(

BillyGoatGruff said:
They're musk rats, of a sort, and were once highly prized for their skins. You haven;t lived until your cat has attcked and knocked one out (thinking it had killed it) and dragged one back in the house as a present for the family, only to have it suddenly come back to life and run through your living room & kitchen, squealing like a stuck pig, until you grab a broom and use it like a hockey stick to knock said creature out the front door.
:hand: NO THANK YOU! I never want to have that much fun....:chicken:

concernedperson said:
WOW, I didn't know that was the cause of Bell's Palsy. One of my brothers and one of my sister's both came down with Bell's Palsy over the years while living in Louisiana. Their illnesses struck many years apart though.

ETA: I just went and changed my ac filter. It was filthy. Thanks for the info, I'll will pass it around.
There can be more than one cause for Bell's Plasy, but the bacteria growing in airconditioners is the most common.

My sister said she heard that the latest studies on this toxic water show that you'd have to drink over 5 gallons a day for years and years and years before it would hurt you! Now that we've been reassured as to the safety of the toxic soup, who wants to head on down to Sin City and guzzle down a gallon or two????

kgeaux said:
My sister said she heard that the latest studies on this toxic water show that you'd have to drink over 5 gallons a day for years and years and years before it would hurt you! Now that we've been reassured as to the safety of the toxic soup, who wants to head on down to Sin City and guzzle down a gallon or two????
Yeah, right. Who the hell put out THAT study? Nagin? The Levee Board?
This is the same water that's been making people break out in ugly rashes from mere physical contact. Wanna bet what it does to your insides?
The powers that be in LA need to be replaced for the duration. These are the people that made sure the situation that exists came into being through thei incomeptence and negligence, and they still seem to think that NO can come back the exact same way it used to be, without learning a lick from what just happned. Typical.

kgeaux said:
They'll all be doing the Pepto Bismal Dance!
Nagin can be the lead as far as I am concerned. I can't believe he wants people to return when the conditions are as they are.

I couldn't believe the news either when I heard the mayor telling people from a couple of parishes to come back home. How the heck do you live without running water, electricity, gas, trash pick up etc. I understand I may be spoiled having all these things in my home but to go back to that kind of mess! Jeez, I wish the mayor would get a brain!!

KrazyKollector said:
Nagin can be the lead as far as I am concerned. I can't believe he wants people to return when the conditions are as they are.

That's what my sister said: She'll drink her five gallons two weeks after Nagin drinks his, if he should survive unscathed that long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Looneybinmadness
Back