Hurricane Dorian - August/September 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The National Hurricane Center issued a hurricane watch and tropical storm warning for Puerto Rico early Tuesday as Tropical Storm Dorian moved through the Windward Islands. Also early Tuesday, the Dominican Republic government issued a hurricane watch for some parts of the island and a tropical storm watch for portions of its north and south coasts.
Tropical Storm Dorian could be hurricane as it nears Puerto Rico, forecasters say

Live updates: Tropical Storm Dorian nears Puerto Rico - CNN

THREAD #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Cholera would be the worst case scenario here. With the heat, dead bodies. I have a suspicion that we are not getting the complete picture from main stream media.

Bahamas Press on Twitter

BP BREAKING| We are learning that there might be already an outbreak of Cholera in Abaco. The community was badly hit by Hurricane Dorian with no running water or proper sanitation. #dorian #abaco #Bahamas #Cholera

Now what, how do you treat and contain this????

Bahamas Press on Twitter

BP BREAKING| We are learning that there might be already an outbreak of Cholera in Abaco. The community was badly hit by Hurricane Dorian with no running water or proper sanitation. #dorian #abaco #Bahamas #Cholera

Everybody better start worrying now! Bahamians are being evacuated to everywhere!

During Harvey, everyone went to Houston - The Weather Channel, CNN, Red Cross and even Trump. You would think that was the only area affected. All that water that flooded Houston? It left Houston and went into the bayous and major rivers - which flooded everything in its path on its way to the gulf. It was weeks before FEMA and the Red Cross went to that area. The people that helped those stranded outside of Houston?
The Cajun Navy and CCSAR.

So you can’t get the entire picture from news articles.

Bahamas Press on Twitter

You don't. Not without proper sanitation and medical personnel/supplies. It will spread like wildfire.

"All of the donations are welcome, but they can also, very much, assist us by still visiting the islands of the Bahamas in the unaffected areas. They are open for business," said Ellison Thompson, the deputy director general of the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Aviation.

The Bahamas depend heavily on tourism, which supplies half their annual gross domestic product of $5.7 billion, according to the Bahamas Investment Authority. By comparison, tourism brings in 20% of Hawaii's annual GDP and less than 3% of the GDP of the United States.
Tourist-dependent Bahamas says it's still open for business

I'll only go back....when h*!! freezes over. No way would I risk my life no matter how beautiful the other Islands that are open for business are!!!

This is insane. Begging for school supplies, now come visit. I wanta hear how these folks get off this Island!!!
And that ALL I want to hear!!

Jmo....

Cholera
Key facts
  • Cholera is an acute diarrhoeal disease that can kill within hours if left untreated.
  • Researchers have estimated that each year there are 1.3 million to 4.0 million cases of cholera, and 21 000 to 143 000 deaths worldwide due to cholera (1).
  • Up to 80% of cases can be successfully treated with oral rehydration solution (ORS).
  • Severe cases will need rapid treatment with intravenous fluids and antibiotics.
  • Provision of safe water and sanitation is critical to control the transmission of cholera and other waterborne diseases.
  • Safe oral cholera vaccines should be used in conjunction with improvements in water and sanitation to control cholera outbreaks and for prevention in areas known to be high risk for cholera.
  • A global strategy on cholera control with a target to reduce cholera deaths by 90% was launched in 2017.

Hurricane Relief

The Official Site of the Bahamas

Did anybody read this????

So this is why they have to go to SP first. To try and collect taxes on anything that's not listed.

Under the Hurricane Dorian Exigency Order of September 2, 2019, individuals and businesses are eligible to import tax free goods under the following three conditions:

1. Imported goods fall under the approved list of items
  2. The final destination of the imported goods is an approved island
  3. Imported goods will be used for charitable purposes to support restoration activities directly related to Hurricane Dorian or by individuals who have directly suffered hardship or loss as a result of Hurricane Dorian
This is what relief pilots must go thru to land and bring supplies.

Documents you'll need to provide with your application:
- FAA Pilot's License
- FAA Medical Certificate
- Airworthiness Certificate
- Aircraft Registration
- Passport
- Aircraft Insurance Policy

They sure were quick to set up,there own fund...but have provide no rescue or rescue relief.

I'll only go back....when h*!! freezes over. No way would I risk my life no matter how beautiful the other Islands that are open for business are!!!

This is insane. Begging for school supplies, now come visit. I wanta hear how these folks get off this Island!!!
And that ALL I want to hear!!

Jmo....
I'll go back when they start treating their own people as well as they treat tourists. I suspect that will not happen in my lifetime.

José Andrés on Twitter

Eagle @wckitchen busy second run! 4K meals delivered....imagine if we had 2 more helicopters? Next one We will, and we will apply what we learned! I’m so proud of my team....we are even evacuating people in way back! @uscoastguard doing outstanding job! José Andrés on Twitter

This man never gives up!!! Blessings to him!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru
Back