DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catastrophic flooding in Houston

http://spaghettimodels.com
6b07da8ceae4de7332362de68eae5d4f.jpg
7024c2b7a634dbb34079e584af915269.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

It really is depressing- the radar is still horrid it becomes beyond comprehension to imagine more water

A producers home 2 story - broadcast from his flooded home.

He started on his second floor and walked down his stairs and when your first see the living room it is devastating. you dont really imagine what it actually is like . The water is gross and stuff is floating- it was horrific

370 billion gallons harris country

local outlet in background

NWS Houston*

[emoji818]@NWSHouston

EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT HAS REQUESTED: IF HIGHEST FLOOR OF YOUR HOME BECOMES DANGEROUS...GET ON THE ROOF.*#houwx*#glswx*#txwx*#Harvey

7:16 AM - Aug 27, 2017

*4242 Replies*

*1,2341,234 Retweets*

*514514 likes

Weather channel reporting some areas could get as much as 5 feet of rain. Unreal...

They are also pushing the advice mentioned above...go to the roof, not the attic.

Weather channel reporting some areas could get as much as 5 feet of rain. Unreal...

They are also pushing the advice mentioned above...go to the roof, not the attic.
Remember Katrina.....
12af0afaaaef445113424cc660e2cdae.jpg
bac69e1a89e5541117272a1347021630.jpg
c8c493b191bb21295cfe539c8672be26.jpg

650 billion gallons -Harris county

local

Morning everyone! This is really, really bad! Weather guy saying Harvey could go back into the Gulf! I hope the water has cooled down. Ocean you predicted it.

Have we heard from BFMD this morning? Sorry for jumping in before reading all the night's posts. So much flooding! I'm just getting a steady drizzle of rain and we're not close to any rivers or creeks! The hummingbirds are draining my feeders dry every day and they start hitting them as soon as it begins to get light! They are under the cover of my front porch and back porch so they can feed without being rained on.

Catastrophic flooding in Houston! Oh man! Watching the rescues of people it just breaks my heart!

P.S. Boots I am a bad Canadian lol. I travel more in the U.S. than Canada. We were planning a winter trip this coming year to South Padre Island. We will have to see what the outcome of this is. Not that this is about our travel plans. Have never been to Texas. Arizona-many, many times. So it might be Plan B-AZ.

Bravo, this might definitely be a plan B trip based on what is happening now! Goodness! Houston may be totally under water before the rain stops! :hug:

Safe and sound here in Spring, TX. 4" of rainfall so far. Our school district cancelled classes yesterday so folks could prepare. We had water halfway up the lawn during Ike but it receded quickly. Hoping we don't get as much rain as predicted.

Hope you and yours are doing okay this morning NewMama! Stay high and dry!

Amen....I survived the 1000 year flood in South Carolina last year...unbelievable amount of water....sounds like Texas forecast will exceed SC levels...thinking of you all.

I think I live in a 100 year flood plain? We built our house 10 years ago and remember having to research that for the bank loan.

Bravo, this might definitely be a plan B trip based on what is happening now! Goodness! Houston may be totally under water before the rain stops! :hug:

I hear you. This is devastating to see in the news. My heart goes out to you all.

I'm worried about Geevee and totesmagoat! Worried about everyone right smack dab in the middle of this catastrophe! I cannot for the life of me imagine having to escape to my roof!

CARIIS do you think the water in the gulf has cooled off? I didn't realize until I read one of your posts that the hurricane actually sucks up the water to the bottom of the ocean if it is hot water!!! I think you said that is the gas that fuels the hurricane?

wow they are asking people that have low riding boats personally to come out and start helping ...........

I'm worried about Geevee and totesmagoat! Worried about everyone right smack dab in the middle of this catastrophe! I cannot for the life of me imagine having to escape to my roof!

CARIIS do you think the water in the gulf has cooled off? I didn't realize until I read one of your posts that the hurricane actually sucks up the water to the bottom of the ocean if it is hot water!!! I think you said that is the gas that fuels the hurricane?

Awww! Thank you Bootsctr! We are okay here in Guadalupe county. The rain is coming and going and the winds aren't as strong as they were yesterday. We will still have to worry about flooding on the Guadalupe river. My family is in the surrounding area of Houston. They have hunkered down and so far haven't said anything about evacuating. I hope everyone is safe! Sending prayers to Houston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're doing alright, another band is overhead right now but I was able to go out this morning and clear the drains so not flooded here (knock on wood it holds), the street fills, when the rain calms down it drains but the creek behind us is filling like all of the bayous.

The mayor is giving his first press conference atm, the George R Brown convention center will be opening as a shelter, multi-purpose buildings will also be opening as 'lily pads' just to get people out of the water, KHOU's weather guy said last night if you have to go to your attic, take an axe to be able to cut your way out to the roof.

I am wondering if Houston is prepared to shelter and feed that many people. The Mayor is telling everyone to stay at home, regardless of flooding in your home. There are not enough shelters open at this time.

I'm on fairly high ground. We've still been getting huge gusts of wind and intermittent rains. I'm in the hill country. The devastation to the east of me is horrendous. For humans and animals alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99