Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Meteorologist Jacob Lanier

7 AM UPDATE
1f300.png
: Tropical Storm #Ida has continued weakening, with max winds now only 45mph. The storm center is over Franklin County near Bude. Gusts are still though than tropical storm force...we've seen up to 54mph recently in Rankin County. We are still wall to wall on WJTV 12 News: WJTV.com/livestream

Good morning, everyone. How is everyone that was affected, this morning? It's been sitting over my family in MS for the last 8 hours or so, so not much sleep for me last night. I was glued to every live stream/news channel/social media I could get my hands on. I'm very anxious to hear what's going on from locals in Louisiana, but perhaps most of you have no cell service/power. :(

Do check in and let us know when you can get to Websleuths! <3
Al Roiker mentioned on the 7am Today Show, ATT was totally out, but Verizon and another company (can't recall) was operational in most areas.
Moo

I can no longer contact my next door neighbor who stayed behind. Last report from them was mid day on yesterday, Sunday, AUG 29th.

Our local neighborhood watch FB pg isn't updating with locals which means they no longer can contact the outside world via internet.

Our home was built in 1850. It's survived many hurricanes. She's sturdy but still we could have roof damage and broken windows. Six doors that lead outside also have glass sections.

There are several huge old Oaks in the courtyard. And, two very large palm trees.

My children will return at the 72 hour mark to assess damages on our properties. Thus far, we've heard of one death of a male when tree limb fell on his home.

This is going to be a while.

From Sky live news :
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News
Official says rescue teams face alligators and 'very dangerous conditions'

Cynthia Lee, the president of Jefferson parish in Louisiana, said rescue teams are having to deal with "very dangerous conditions", CNN reported.

She added some house are flooded with water that is "beyond chest high" and up to the top of the roof.

Ms Lee said: "Unfortunately, the worst case scenario seems to have happened.

"This is an area that has a lot of swampland, alligators, very dangerous conditions.

"They had to wait for the sun to come up this morning. They had a strategy."

She said rescue teams are going to have boats and just needed the daylight to be able to do their best work.

From Sky live news :
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News
Official says rescue teams face alligators and 'very dangerous conditions'

Cynthia Lee, the president of Jefferson parish in Louisiana, said rescue teams are having to deal with "very dangerous conditions", CNN reported.

She added some house are flooded with water that is "beyond chest high" and up to the top of the roof.

Ms Lee said: "Unfortunately, the worst case scenario seems to have happened.

"This is an area that has a lot of swampland, alligators, very dangerous conditions.

"They had to wait for the sun to come up this morning. They had a strategy."

She said rescue teams are going to have boats and just needed the daylight to be able to do their best work.

I am impressed by Ms Lee. Hoda interviewed her at the 7 am Today Show.

Jefferson Parish president: In wake of Ida, ‘it is not time to come back right now’

I am impressed by Ms Lee. Hoda interviewed her at the 7 am Today Show.

Jefferson Parish president: In wake of Ida, ‘it is not time to come back right now’

On CNN, the mayors, emergency officials, etc. are asking people to stay home for now. They don't need people out on the roads. CNN interviewed one of the leaders of the Cajun Navy last night. He said they would be out at first light this morning. He said they had already received many, many calls for help. One of the areas they wanted to focus on early is the barrier islands and areas south of NOLA. Sounded like a lot of people were in trouble there.

Cajun Navy said they had a lot of emergency supplies stockpiled in warehouses, but they're concerned its not enough.

We are fine & all is well here compared to the LA & MS coast…just checking in to see how everyone else is doing. I’ve been glued to the tv all morning. These images and stories out of LA and MS are heartbreaking. There are a lot of roads flooded here and most businesses & schools are closed today. It rained so hard all night long and there is a small “river” running through our backyard. We are in for a ton more rain coming in today as the remnants of Ida pass over us and the local news is warning these are the type of storms that can spawn tornadoes but right now it is calm and just drizzling. Power has stayed on throughout for us but many areas across the bay in Mobile have power outages. There are over 1 million people without power in LA! It appears that LaPlace Louisiana was one of the worst hit towns with houses flooded and people trapped in attics like Katrina. I hope everyone is rescued and nobody died there. This is just gut wrenching to see all the damage and know the suffering that lies ahead for these folks. I am so close and want to figure out a way to help!

I grew up in South Florida & now live in Houston, and I know the devastation hurricanes can bring:(. Praying for all WS members who are affected❤
Keep us updated on things & please let us know if there's any way we can help!

I can no longer contact my next door neighbor who stayed behind. Last report from them was mid day on yesterday, Sunday, AUG 29th.

Our local neighborhood watch FB pg isn't updating with locals which means they no longer can contact the outside world via internet.

Our home was built in 1850. It's survived many hurricanes. She's sturdy but still we could have roof damage and broken windows. Six doors that lead outside also have glass sections.

There are several huge old Oaks in the courtyard. And, two very large palm trees.

My children will return at the 72 hour mark to assess damages on our properties. Thus far, we've heard of one death of a male when tree limb fell on his home.

This is going to be a while.
I hope and pray your neighbor is safe and that you have a way to contact them soon. It must be so difficult not to know how friends are doing. I also hope you get good news on your home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcbell
Back