Hypothetical question about your feelings for the Anthony's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will let this fly for awhile. If it turns into yet another hate filled,negative Anthony family bashing thread it will be shut down and TO's given.
I am no Anthony family fan, but the bashing does not advance any discussion,discovery or investigation of this case.
Thanks.

Oh, I in no way wanted to bash the Anthony's, just wanted to get a different angle on a lot of poster's anger on these boards.

I would settle for them just focusing on fidning Caylee and leaving out the added comentary about other people and LE and making excuse for Casey - they can search for Caylee without commenting on the investigation or on their daughter.

Mine are 17,16,12, and 10....I agree with everything you said, and i do the same with my own children. It's clear Cindy Anthony for one has never done this but there is no time like the present to begin. She can still support Casey and be honest and sleep at night was my point.

I don't think it's clear that Cindy hadn't done that. I think she over does that in the home. Making the beds, etc. I'm sure Cindy was on that with a whip. Cindy shows to be that controlling. And KC was fearful of her mother over many things. KC knew to follow her mothers rules, or 'else.'

Would I be AS angry as I am right now? No, probably not.

Would I find their actions despicable? Asbolutely. They've had the whole country on a roller coaster, and wasted oodles of money and precious time. Support your kid....keep your mouth shut...whatever. DON'T try to keep hope alive and people searching for your missing grandchild that you know is dead.

I will let this fly for awhile. If it turns into yet another hate filled,negative Anthony family bashing thread it will be shut down and TO's given.
I am no Anthony family fan, but the bashing does not advance any discussion,discovery or investigation of this case.
Thanks.

I rather it be on an noticeable thread, then find it on an investigative thread.. and find nothing dealing with the title but ....

Thanks for Babysitting.

I would settle for them just focusing on fidning Caylee and leaving out the added comentary about other people and LE and making excuse for Casey - they can search for Caylee without commenting on the investigation or on their daughter.

I agree. If they focused on searching for Caylee and only that, they might begin to change the public's opinion about them. Maybe not.

I was just wondering....I wanted to know if people would still feel so much anger towards the Anthony family if they came out and said we know Caylee is dead, we know Casey had something to do with that death, but we still feel an obligation to our daughter and will try to support her in the best way we can.

Do any of you think the Anthony's feel they might be thought of as monsters if they still loved and supported their daughter even though she took Caylee from them?

I have 4 children and each one has been in their fair share of trouble over the years, and I remember telling them at an early age, Mommy will always love you no matter what, or honey you could never do anything to make me not love you....I just feel like after all is said and done they are still her parents and I don't think it would mean they loved Caylee any less if they support Casey. They just need to be honest and put all this to rest....they can still support their daughter....right?

I would still despise them. They have betrayed Caylee for Casey. They have also had enough time to get over some of the shock and disbelief and realize that Casey is lying about everything. I understand them taking some time but it's been long enough. Now they'd rather impugn LE than try to get Casey to fess up. They've made their bed.:mad:

I was just wondering....I wanted to know if people would still feel so much anger towards the Anthony family if they came out and said we know Caylee is dead, we know Casey had something to do with that death, but we still feel an obligation to our daughter and will try to support her in the best way we can.

Do any of you think the Anthony's feel they might be thought of as monsters if they still loved and supported their daughter even though she took Caylee from them?

I have 4 children and each one has been in their fair share of trouble over the years, and I remember telling them at an early age, Mommy will always love you no matter what, or honey you could never do anything to make me not love you....I just feel like after all is said and done they are still her parents and I don't think it would mean they loved Caylee any less if they support Casey. They just need to be honest and put all this to rest....they can still support their daughter....right?

This is an interesting question!
I don't have angry feelings about the Anthony family-- their denial is immensely frustrating, but I can't really judge it.
I think public perception of the A family would definitely improve if they would stop accusing others of having a hand in what happened to Caylee-- if they are unwilling to accept Casey's part in all of this, I don't think it's fair to throw stones at everyone else.
My sentiments toward the family are, unfortunately, slowly starting to change. If the reports that they are planning on writing a book are true, I think this is extremely inappropriate at this point. I also question the promised announcement about new information showing Caylee is alive-- this isn't a teaser trailer, it's a child's life??
I still wonder if they are being jerked around and exploited by people with bad motives.

For the Anthonys to act differently than they do act, they would have to be different people than they are. Their dishonesty, denial, contentiousness and passive-aggression are part of who they all are and were part of their family dynamic before Caylee went missing. I'm not sure we'd even be here if the Anthonys were different people.

I do feel so sad for them. Caylee looked just like our daughter when she was little, it breaks my heart. My mom doted on her just like CA. And we have had terrible losses in our family that made the following holidays empty, lonely and heartbreaking. So I guess I was expecting to see that, not them trying to manipulate the public. maybe I am projecting much of my own feelings here.

You know I would have a whole lot more respect for them if they would just quit talking. Their behavior has been atrocious and made this more bizarre daily. In my mind I think the reason behind it all is because they are trying to support Casey through it and sadly are in a very painful denial.

It is the constant stories, inconsistancies and many outright lies. It is like a big old slap in the face! I can understand them supporting their daughter no matter what but question alot of the things that they say and do! As a parent myslef of 4 children there would be nothing my child could do that would make me abandon them, and honestly it includes murder, whatever.

They aren't monsters. They are people trying to get through the worst possible situation in the only way they seem to be able to. Regardless of what we all think we cannot judge them IMO.

I would have a great deal more respect for them if they were to say those things.

OTOH, I realize they are both grieving and traumatized---and no matter how obvious things are to us, they really may NOT be to them.

I will always love my child. If I had a child that had committed a horrible crime, I'd probably still visit that child in jail for the rest of my life. For me, that came with having a child, loving them no matter what they do. But I would not "support" them in any way that would in any sense condone what they did. I'd want them to have strong legal defense on their side, just as anyone accused of a crime should have, to make the justice system fair. But would I personally judge them for their crime? Yes, i think i would. Motherhood would not change that. They would need to be responsible for their actions, and just because they are my child does not warrant a different set of rules or beliefs when it comes to right or wrong.

I would not be as angry with the A's if they would just stop obstructing justice. If they would stop doing and saying things that interfere with the resolution of this missing little girl. They SHOULD love Casey, she is their daughter. But they should do what is right, imo, and not have one set of rules for their family and a different set of rules for everyone else.

I will always love my child. If I had a child that had committed a horrible crime, I'd probably still visit that child in jail for the rest of my life. For me, that came with having a child, loving them no matter what they do. But I would not "support" them in any way that would in any sense condone what they did. I'd want them to have strong legal defense on their side, just as anyone accused of a crime should have, to make the justice system fair. But would I personally judge them for their crime? Yes, i think i would. Motherhood would not change that. They would need to be responsible for their actions, and just because they are my child does not warrant a different set of rules or beliefs when it comes to right or wrong.

I would not be as angry with the A's if they would just stop obstructing justice. If they would stop doing and saying things that interfere with the resolution of this missing little girl. They SHOULD love Casey, she is their daughter. But they should do what is right, imo, and not have one set of rules for their family and a different set of rules for everyone else.

Excellent thoughts

I rather it be on an noticeable thread, then find it on an investigative thread.. and find nothing dealing with the title but ....

Thanks for Babysitting.
You are very welcome.

Oh, I in no way wanted to bash the Anthony's, just wanted to get a different angle on a lot of poster's anger on these boards.
I know that and I respect it elle.

I do not view what the A's are doing as supporting their daughter. I have 6 kids- ages 17,16,12,11,4 and almost 3. I love them with all my heart. When they make bad choices, they suffer the consequences of their choices. My 12year old will miss a skating party tonight as a result of a bad choice yesterday. I don't lie for them or defend them when they have obviously done something wrong. When the big ones do something that negatively impacts one of the little ones, I do not look the other way because they are my child. I hold them to an even higher level of accountability than I would a stranger. Because they are my children. And I want them to learn responsibility before they are an adult.

I view what the A's are doing as enabling. I do pray for them.

:clap:

My kids are 23, 22, 21 and 13. My 13 year-old Boy Scout missed out on a camping trip a few weeks ago for failure to turn in homework.

My 22 year-old got arrested a couple of years ago. I did not enable him, nor did I blame the big, bad cops for his behavior.

He called me at 2 am and told me he was in jail and why; I said "Good luck with that" and went back to bed.

I did not bail him out of the county jail; I left him there and let him face the consequences of his actions. It was very hard for me and I cried over it every day. It was even harder when I'd heard that he'd been transported to the county hospital for an emergency appendectomy :eek:

We both survived and he learned a very valuable lesson.

I think they started out with the right intentions but somewhere they lost focus of what those intentions were and that was to find Caylee somehow they've given all of their support and belief to their daughter.

It kinda makes you wonder when did they change their minds and decided that KC was more important than Caylee

:clap:

My kids are 23, 22, 21 and 13. My 13 year-old Boy Scout missed out on a camping trip a few weeks ago for failure to turn in homework.

My 22 year-old got arrested a couple of years ago. I did not enable him, nor did I blame the big, bad cops for his behavior.

He called me at 2 am and told me he was in jail and why; I said "Good luck with that" and went back to bed.

I did not bail him out of the county jail; I left him there and let him face the consequences of his actions. It was very hard for me and I cried over it every day. It was even harder when I'd heard that he'd been transported to the county hospital for an emergency appendectomy :eek:

We both survived and he learned a very valuable lesson.

Your a good mom, you did the right thing, not the easy thing. :clap:

I think they started out with the right intentions but somewhere they lost focus of what those intentions were and that was to find Caylee somehow they've given all of their support and belief to their daughter.

It kinda makes you wonder when did they change their minds and decided that KC was more important than Caylee

I don't think they think Casey is more important than Caylee....but Casey is alive....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back