Hypothetical question about your feelings for the Anthony's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Support Casey. Love her. Perfectly understandable for a family to love a family member.

Just don't be angry at anyone who doesn't want to hear that she's some kind of 'victim' and that she has good reasons for lying to her own family and to LE.

She's a thief. She's a liar. Her own mother called her a sociopath.

It's understandable the public doesn't want to hear LIES about what good person she is/was.

The public cares about Caylee NOT the so called mother who 'misplaced' her & hid that fact for 31 days.

As I said before, they needed to go to a Neutral Place in their brain, being openminded about what happened. Then maybe they will understand that their daughter is not to be trusted.

Example off the top of my head.. Jeffrey Dahmer's father. While he in NO WAY condoned what Dahmner did... he always professed his love for his son.. regardless of the monsterous acts he had committed.. and "stood by" his son.. as best he could. And far as I recall.. there wasnt a huge outrage against him for doing so. I guess the key difference is Dahmer's father didnt try to insist his son was not guilty when all the evidence was right there.. he didnt blame LE for investigating his son.. nor was he doing anything that Im aware of that impaired the collection of evidence, etc.. IIRC, Lionel Dahmer always affirmed that he loved Jeffrey, stood by him, and was not considered a "monster" for doing so.. I guess the key difference is Lionel Dahmer acknowledged the crimes his son committed and didnt try to interfer with the prosecution of those crimes. Maybe not the best example for comparison.. but I guess what Im getting at is that I do not believe the public considered Lionel a monster because he loved Jeffrey. I would expect the Anthonys to always love Casey... and do what they could to stand by her..
Its just what parents do. Its when they seem to ignore evidence, make excuses, blame others, interfere with searches, etc.. that make them seem "monsterous", IMO.

Remember how Mark Hacking's family behaved after he killed his wife? They stood by him and wanted him to get the best legal representation and mental health care they could find, but never mitigated the fact that he murdered his wife. They didn't hold press conferences saying that ZFG stole Lori or put her in the dumpster, or was seen in Puerto Rico yesterday and Gainesville the day before that. You will hear defenders say "there's no playbook on how people should act in this situation." I respectfully disagree. The Hackings and the very wonderful Mark Klaas have shown the way perfectly. They behaved with dignity under the worst of situations and should be an inspiration to any who find themselves in similar situations.

Yes, and even before it was certain what he had done, they were trying to find Lori. They questioned Mark and convinced him that telling the truth was the right thing to do once he had confessed to them.

I think my frustration really has very little to do with keeping hope alive for Caylee, and even wanting to believe that Casey didn't do anything wrong. I could accept those sentiments from them if it didn't feel like they were hiding so much that could lead to Caylee being found. If they were looking everywhere, not knowing what could have happened after she was "kidnapped" then I would be more sympathetic. If they questioned Casey and told everything they knew instead of acting like they know some big secret that they won't even share with ANY arm of law enforcement, then my heart would be softened towards them.

My negative feelings are totally and completely wrapped up in the idea that they are focusing on Casey's defense and what is best for her rather than how to find Caylee, to the extent of withholding information or even possibly lying.

I do still feel terrible grief for them, because it is clear that they loved and cherished Caylee and miss her beyond words. I just can't help this desire to shake them into reality - it reminds me of my children when they make the same mistake or forget the same thing over and over. You start to wonder if they are ever going to learn.

I totally understand the Anthonys want to hold on to hope...but this has gone on long enough..thier own daughter caused this tragedy and instead of blaming law enforement for not doing thier jobs...start blaming Casey for the loss of thier grandchild.Im sure most of us wanted a live Caylee to be found too,but just look at all the circumstancial and real evidence out there....this little girl is gone for ever.

http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...1037&cat=Local&title=George Anthony Interview

I have said and believed from the very BEGINNING that the Anthony's knew they lost one child CAYLEE and did all they can to protect the other one CASEY from a fate that can be worse then death; a life sentence in prison.

My question to them is:
Why would you not give the Volunteers who came from so far away to honor
and search for your Caylee a garment so they can do their search job well???
What do you have to lose??? WHY NOT HELP THEM?
If she is not out there, you have nothing at all to lose.
If she is alive they will not bring back anything.

But...If they do bring back something...the case begins and the fiasco ends.

Another question is - To George: As an ex LE you would know, that car should NOT have been cleaned before the LE got to it...Why did you clean it? Why did Cindy wash out Casey's pants and other items that were in there? You of all people did know better.

I believe that if they did in fact come out and say, "listen, we know our daughter is a horrible person, and we know that deep down in our hearts little Caylee is gone and it is because of KC", it may make things a little better. Of course they are going to stand by their daughter. I say that if my daughter did something like that I would disown her, but I don't know that 100%????:confused:

I cannot understand while the Anthony's are being so loving and loyal to their daughter, why she can't do the same for them????

Does anyone know what Matthew Troccoli found out in his interview with casey? Why would he involve himself, if he isn't prepared to acknowledge what they talked about??

It's obviously very hard for the Anthony's to admit anything about Casey. But one thing I have always told my adult children is that there are always consequences to actions. Maybe that is something Casey never learned because the Anthony's were always there to make it better for her. Disciplining is very difficult, especially when it would be easier to NOT, but it's part of parenting. No one wants to see their children go through a difficult time or suffer. What about Caylee, if someone did take her like Casey says, what is she going through? Missing her home and family? I just think that Casey has the "key" to all of this and maybe it's time she did the right thing to help her Mom and Dad and daughter. This is her fault, no matter what happened. I pray Caylee is alive, but it's time Casey started thinking about her parents instead of herself.

I'm not angry with the Anthony's. I feel sorry for them. One of my stepkids gave us lots of gray hair, I know how tough it can be. They will be judged some day. I just don't feel qualified to be the one to do it.

of course there would be much greater sympathy for them. It is obvious they have been living witha monster in their midst for a very long long time. It is an unimaginable situation they find themselves in. Noone would fault them for seeking to defend or support their daughter regardless. It's what families do. The best example of it is Georges recorded statement to police. " I can't believe my daughter would or could do something like this". It works.

I am afraid that the Anthony's are being led down the garden path by the wrong group of people. They need counseling and not by a lawyer. This is going to destroy them if they keep up this denial. Denial is a part of grieving but you have to move past it or have damage that lasts forever. Don't these people have anyone who cares enough to see that they get that kind of help? Their son or some other family member? It is painful to watch. I feel for them and still it infuriates me to see these thugs telling them lies. They don't believe the Sheriffs dept, or the other LE agency's. Maybe they would believe the FBI but I doubt it.

I am afraid that the Anthony's are being led down the garden path by the wrong group of people. They need counseling and not by a lawyer. This is going to destroy them if they keep up this denial. Denial is a part of grieving but you have to move past it or have damage that lasts forever. Don't these people have anyone who cares enough to see that they get that kind of help? Their son or some other family member? It is painful to watch. I feel for them and still it infuriates me to see these thugs telling them lies. They don't believe the Sheriffs dept, or the other LE agency's. Maybe they would believe the FBI but I doubt it.

I pity them too; but I do not think it is a question of whom they do or do not believe;

I think they believe that they must save their daughter and circumvent whatever they DO KNOW.
I think as parents they believe they can not throw Casey under the bus, and are risking themselves;
Sadly they may end up in deep chit themselves for circumventing and interfering with a murder case.
And if that happens that will be very sad :( I think they went beyond the call of duty.
What parents do for their kids is not appreciated by a kid like Casey. :(

When we are entrusted with a child from our Maker, unconditional love is the one thing we strive for. It is the hardest goal to achieve. Being a parent is easy in good times, but hard times are when our children need their parents the most. That is truly a test for all of us. I try to keep in mind that each and every one of us is God's child, even the worst among us.

Right now, Casey needs her parents' love more than ever. I cannot fathom how torn they must feel. It's easy to sit back and watch my tv and be judgemental, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do. How would I behave in such circumstances? I don't know.

The Anthony family doesn't need my forgiveness, but I feel in my heart that they do need my prayers. What could it possibly hurt? The little person most hurt by this thing is Caylee, and I feel that she would be the very first to forgive. So I am trying my best to be more understanding of what the Anthony's say and do, because I haven't walked in their shoes.

When we're entrusted w a child, we're entrusted by God to love that child--on this we agree. Inherent in a parent's love is God's instruction to every parent--based upon His own love that our Father has modeled or patterned for us, to correct and discipline our child. If we fail to do this, we have failed to love our child. Like God's love, a parent's love should be unconditional--but His blessings are not. There is a big difference between withholding forgiveness--and pretending there is "nothing" to forgive! He says every parent that truly loves their child chastens them. And right now, as has been the case her entire life, what KC NEEDS are parents who love her enough to set LIMITS on her outrageous, defiant behavior. JMO

When we're entrusted w a child, we're entrusted by God to love that child--on this we agree. Inherent in a parent's love is God's instruction to every parent--based upon His own love that our Father has modeled or patterned for us, to correct and discipline our child. If we fail to do this, we have failed to love our child. Like God's love, a parent's love should be unconditional--but His blessings are not. There is a big difference between withholding forgiveness--and pretending there is "nothing" to forgive! He says every parent that truly loves their child chastens them. And right now, as has been the case her entire life, what KC NEEDS are parents who love her enough to set LIMITS on her outrageous, defiant behavior. JMO

Beautiful...

There has been to much that has transpired over the last several months to totaly change public opinion but then it is never to late to start.

The Anthony’s have a perverse sense of what love and loyalty are.
Love means that you love a person and does not mean that you must condone the actions and thoughts of the one you love.
Loyalty means that you support; stand behind the attitudes, desires and plans of someone and how they achieve them.
While one can lend loyalty to a loved one there must be a sound and devise line between what is acceptable to you in how those attitudes, desires and plans will be acted upon to gain achievement and your feelings of unconditional love.
Love is an emotion. Loyalty is an action.
It is no different than any other emotion. Anger is neither right nor wrong, good nor bad; it just is. It is your actions of how you conduct yourself while you’re angry.

To love their daughter is what would be normal emotion.
To condone the conduct and actions of Casey is loyalty.
The Anthony’s think that they are showing the world that they love Casey. The actions that they have chosen in an attempt to change the events by lying, attacking others, obstructing LE and possibly purposefully tampering with evidence to prove that they love Casey is where the problem is.

In the end, they will not have affected anything positive or helpful to Casey, not only in proving there love to her but it will negatively impact her defense and will only have ended up harming themselves in the process. At the same time they have also forsaken any loyalty that they had for Caylee by not acting in the best manor to benefit her, a final burial place.

The Anthony’s have a severely dysfunctional household, and in my opinion the majority of this dysfunction is the direct result of Cindy Anthony. She is the main actor. George is also culpable but his part is more due to passivity than any actual actions.

Unfortunately this is not something new for the Anthony’s. This mixing of love and loyalty is a long established pattern. Cindy has used the tried and true method of divide and conquer to maintain control of everybody around her. By Cindy making the rules and constantly changing them she was able to keep everyone off balance. To be able to live with the constantly changing rules, she taught lying. By pitting one against the other she taught manulipation, not respect. By always having to be in control she taught dependency, not responsibility. The emotion of love has become a twisted spiteful thing to use not to feel.

The only thing of hope that may come out of this ‘Anthony Family Circus’ is that is may help this nation to view live and in color what happens when parents do not raise their children and what happens when those children make mistakes and are not given the opportunity to learn by the example of parents doing the hard and difficult thing by disciplining them in a healthy manor and teaching responsibility with consequences for actions.

To change someone’s opinions of you your actions must first be changed.

Contrary to popular belief, genuine "love" is not an emotion at all--it is a decision. JMO

I actually have a lot of sympathy for the situation the Anthonys are in, and I've tried to be forgiving of a lot of their actions, which I assume are largely caused by grief and by being suddenly thrust under a harsh spotlight. However, their ridiculous assertions about how Caylee is alive and Casey would never, ever harm her make me INSANE!

So yes, if they would just admit that they know Caylee is gone and that Casey was involved in her death, and if they would stop lashing out at anyone and everyone who tries to help, I would feel much more kindly towards them. I would completely understand if they still wanted to support Casey, in spite of the things she has done.

I would expect anyone to love and support their own child. IMO, they would have to change HOW they choose to support KC. You can surely love and support your child without lying and covering up for them and making ridiculous excuses for their behavior.

I agree with you! You can support, love and still hope your child gets HELP!
You can get HELP and counseling for ALL family. You can encourage ALL HELP from others seeking your grand daughter dead or alive. BUT to lie, scream and double talk, clean up evidence and NOT help the situation is what makes so many have a tough time liking the A family.............IF the A family came CLEAN, they would get more sympathy and support.......Mental health help also......IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.
Back