GUILTY IA - Breasia Terrell, 10, found deceased, Davenport, 10 July 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police, family and concerned neighbors are desperately searching for a missing 10-year-old girl who vanished in Davenport, Iowa, late last week.

According to KWQC, Breasia Terrell was last seen in the early hours of Friday morning at the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in Davenport. Breasia’s grandmother Donita Gardner told the Quad City Times that Breasia had gone to stay at the home of Henry Earl Dinkins on Thursday night with her cousin, who is reportedly Dinkins’s son. The little girl had vanished by Friday morning.

Dinkins is a registered sex offender with a criminal history. Breasia’s family reportedly asked police to search Fejervary Park and a lagoon at Credit Island after they heard a tip that Dinkins mentioned something about “Mother Goose.” According to the Quad City Times, there is a large Mother Goose structure at the entrance to the park, where police and volunteers were seen scouring the area on Friday.

URGENT MISSING: After 10-year-old girl vanishes in the night, tip leads police to search lagoon and apartment of registered sex offender

BBM-I stand corrected.

Luke Cleary WQAD
3 hrs ·
UPDATE: Crime Stoppers of the Quad Cities is offering a reward of $3,500 for information that assists area law enforcement in locating Breasia Terrell or make an arrest of someone involved in her disappearance.

Search for Breasia Terrell

107593077_3013157575469151_8852959815548655432_n.jpg

-PAXP-deijE.gif

-2:36
4 Comments7 Shares

According to KWQC, Breasia Terrell was last seen in the early hours of Friday morning at the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in Davenport. Breasia’s grandmother Donita Gardner told the Quad City Times that Breasia had gone to stay at the home of Henry Earl Dinkins on Thursday night with her cousin, who is reportedly Dinkins’s son. The little girl had vanished by Friday morning.

URGENT MISSING: After 10-year-old girl vanishes in the night, tip leads police to search lagoon and apartment of registered sex offender

I'm usually just a lurker and don't have anything to add, but this is my hometown, and it is so strange to see. (I haven't lived there in years, but my family all does, and I go back every year or so). I also have a ten-year-old daughter, and I can't imagine what her poor mom is going through.

“Her picture is everywhere. Everywhere. And nobody has called and come forward,” Lankford told WQAD on Saturday.

“I had to go home last night without a baby and I’ll be damned if I go home again without one,” Lankford said.

Breasia’s mother also said that the little girl has physical disabilities related to her hearing and sight.

“Her eyesight is kinda messed up out of her left eye and she can’t hear out of her left ear,” Lankford told the Muscatine Journal.
URGENT MISSING: After 10-year-old girl vanishes in the night, tip leads police to search lagoon and apartment of registered sex offender | News Break

Dinkins just arrested for failing to register as SO when he moved. Affidavit: Davenport sex offender arrested on registration violation
Interesting, it looks like he was 17 when he committed the act he has to register for -
Conviction Date County Age at Offense Victim Age Victim Gender
709,4 Sexual abuse- 3rd degree- 08/23/1990 -Scott- 17- 0 - 13 (Age) Female

Listed as a Tier III Offender with Quarterly Reviews -Tier III offenders are required to verify their information every three months.

I don't see any other offenses listed other than the 1990 original charge. Thirty years later he hurts (possibly has killed) Breasia? Oh my heart, who else has been abused by this man over the years? How often has Breasia been in this monsters company?

I ask again, did no one know this man was a RSO?

Interesting, it looks like he was 17 when he committed the act he has to register for -

Listed as a Tier III Offender with Quarterly Reviews -Tier III offenders are required to verify their information every three months.

I don't see any other offenses listed other than the 1990 original charge. Thirty years later he hurts (possibly has killed) Breasia? Oh my heart, who else has been abused by this man over the years? How often has Breasia been in this monsters company?

Interesting, he was 17, the victim was 13, and this is his only SA charge?
The class 3 code lists a lot of variables that qualify: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/DOCS/ACO/IC/LINC/Section.709.4.pdf

Is it possible this actually is his only offense like this, and that he actually had nothing to do with this girl's disapperance?
I wonder what the odds are?

They probably aren't; the missing man is most likely a suicide, but of course we can't know that yet. Several people do that every year, by jumping off a bridge into the Mississippi River.

Latest update: They're turning people away when it comes to looking for Breasia. Some people have been offended, but I personally think they don't want anyone interfering with the investigation, and the police probably know things that can't be released just yet.

Someone quoted in an earlier post that the victim was 5 years old - it does say 0-13 yrs old. This makes it a much more serious offense than a 17 yrs old with a possible girl friend of 13!
He also has, according to an earlier post over 60 arrests for a multitude of crim

We haven’t heard what the cousin (no longer a brother) has to say about the goings on in that residence during the night, nor do we know his age.

Last edited:

How could at least one family member not know that he was a registered sex offender? At least one person had to know. Chances are you’re not going to be caught on your first offense either.. UGH. Imagine what’s happened before his first conviction until Breasia.
Also, just to go along with my frustrations: I wholeheartedly believe sex offenders cannot be rehabilitated, sadly.

I’m praying for Breasia’s recovery, some sense of peace for her family, and swift justice.

Last edited:
Any LE statements or MSM reports that give more details about her disappearance?

Who last saw her at 3am? The live-in girlfriend of Dinkins, Dinkins himself or both?

Who noticed she was gone?

Who (if anyone) made the 911 call or how exactly did things go down when Breasia was discovered to be "missing?"

DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) - A Davenport sex offender arrested Friday on a registry violation is a person of interest in the disappearance of 10-year-old Breasia Terrell, according to a court document filed Monday afternoon.

Russell Dircks, the court-appointed attorney for Henry Earl Dinkins, confirmed the connection in a motion to withdraw filed in Scott County District Court.

Dircks wrote in the motion that he should be removed from the case because his wife is a teacher who previously had Terrell in her class and “her school is involved with the family.”

That information “would create a conflict of interest with Mr. Dinkins,” Dircks wrote in the motion.

According to court records, Judge Henry Latham granted the motion and appointed attorney Jack Dusthimer to represent Dinkins.

Dinkins, 47, was arrested Friday on a charge of sex offender registration violation second or subsequent offense, a Class D felony.

Earlier that day, Terrell was reported missing. Police say she was last seen in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in Davenport.

According to an arrest affidavit, Davenport officers executed a search warrant at an apartment in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in connection with a missing person investigation.

The affidavit did not say which missing person investigation the search warrant was related to.
Court document: Davenport sex offender ‘person of interest’ in 10-year-old’s disappearance

During an interview with Dinkins’ girlfriend, she said he had been living with her for more than a month. A records search showed Dinkins has a 2004 conviction for a sex offender registry violation, according to the affidavit.

The sex offender registry had Dinkins’ address listed as 743 Schmidt Road in Davenport.

TV6 has reached out to Davenport police regarding the court filing but has not yet heard back.

Crime Stoppers of the Quad Cities is offering a $3,500 cash reward for any information that assists area law enforcement in locating missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell, or information “which leads to an arrest of anyone who may have taken part in her disappearance.”

Court document: Davenport sex offender ‘person of interest’ in 10-year-old’s disappearance

Davenport Police Department posted a
sDb4wNlD0ni.png
missing person alert for Davenport.

2 hrs ·
Mon. July 13, 2020 - The Davenport Police Department is aware of the significant public and social media interest around the missing persons case of 10-year-old Breasia Terrell, and wishes to thank the public for their sincere efforts and assistance as law enforcement continues to investigate. We would like to remind members of the public to report any information relating to the whereabouts of Breasia Terrell by calling 9-1-1 instead of our non-emergency line.

On Friday, July 10, 2020, Breasia Terrell was entered into the National Crime Information Center database as missing person. The Davenport Police Department, in conjunction with local law enforcement partners, The Federal Bureau of Investigation, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and other partners, continue to investigate every possible lead in regards to Breasia’s disappearance.

Detectives are in constant contact with her family and continue to conduct follow-up including k-9 and aerial search and rescue operations, door-to-door canvasses, and following-up on community tips.

We thank everyone for their compassion for the family during this difficult time. As the investigation evolves, we’ll be providing updates as soon as possible.

Lot's of comments at link.

I am local:

DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) - Davenport police blocked off South Concord Street near River Drive around 10 p.m. on Monday in Davenport.

The area is where self-organized search groups have been searching for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell. This area is also nearby where Davenport police and fire searched at the lagoon at Credit Island on Friday.

When a TV6 crew arrived on scene there was a heavy police presence, and a large crowd of people.

https://www.kwqc.com/2020/07/14/heavy-police-presence-blocking-street-in-davenport/ Davenport Fire Department also responded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty
Back