Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She also shared a post about suicide awareness yesterday or the day before
Oh wow, that is interesting as well. People repost that stuff all of the time but when your husband is missing, there is a lot of speculation going on and you claim he would never do anything like that its kind of an odd time to repost that.

Snipped by me above ...

Sarah did say right off the bat in the interview that her insurance covered the in vitro, and somewhere else on her page she said it only took one try. So they are/were not in debt over it.
Thanks I missed that! And I wasnt referring to that being the only/main reason for money issues and debt but they also would have been planning on one child and to have twins is a lot more expensive and challenging at times which just puts more pressure on him as the breadwinner.

Thanks I missed that! And I wasnt referring to that being the only/main reason for money issues and debt but they also would have been planning on one child and to have twins is a lot more expensive and challenging at times which just puts more pressure on him as the breadwinner.
Definitely! I cannot imagine planning for one and more than one is the result!

I still just wonder if they missed him in initial searches. We see it happen here all the time. And if the drone searches were just using thermal imaging but he was no longer, well, would it detect anything? I cannot imagine they were able to do grid searches where people stand about 3' apart and walk for a mile or two.

Oh wow, that is interesting as well. People repost that stuff all of the time but when your husband is missing, there is a lot of speculation going on and you claim he would never do anything like that its kind of an odd time to repost that.
You know, Fb is spying on us the whole time. So it maybe, SS' texts about her missing husband and the incoming answers are producing corresponding news like "Help with people at risk of suicide" and so on. One click, and this text is shared with someone, willingly but maybe without thinking.

Had the same thought. How credible is that statement? I am not sure.

She did say she had a long, uncomfortable, probing interview with LE. It's quite possible that one of the interviewers was from DCI, imo.
I need to watch the interview to see what her demeanor is during it… but, just from you alls account, I’m finding it strange that she’s bothered by the interrogation… I’d like to think that if my husband was missing and I knew I had nothing to do with it, I’d be like ask away… but in her defense, we never know how it’ll exactly go until we’re in the situation…

In my opinion, there are just some strange things like deleting anyone’s negative opinion on her posts, (which is of course her right as they’re hers…). I just learned a long time ago, let people talk.. don’t let them upset you.. you know the truth and their opinions are just their opinions..

I don’t want to believe that she was involved, but, as mentioned before, there are so many holes…

Ugh this case keeps my head spinning!! But I LOVE reading everyone’s opinions and speculations, this is an awesome forum!!

I need to watch the interview to see what her demeanor is during it… but, just from you alls account, I’m finding it strange that she’s bothered by the interrogation… I’d like to think that if my husband was missing and I knew I had nothing to do with it, I’d be like ask away… but in her defense, we never know how it’ll exactly go until we’re in the situation…

In my opinion, there are just some strange things like deleting anyone’s negative opinion on her posts, (which is of course her right as they’re hers…). I just learned a long time ago, let people talk.. don’t let them upset you.. you know the truth and their opinions are just their opinions..

I don’t want to believe that she was involved, but, as mentioned before, there are so many holes…

Ugh this case keeps my head spinning!! But I LOVE reading everyone’s opinions and speculations, this is an awesome forum!!
I know people whose FB pages are so locked down it's insane. If someone contradicts them on a question about how to clean a bathroom, they get pissed and blocked them. Extreme, yes, but it happens.

We don't know exactly what the interrogation was like, but it's important to keep in mind that the spouse or significant other is often the prime suspect immediately. Small town cops - who knows if they even have much training or real life practical experience in now playing possible murder detective. Maybe they were entirely unprofessional, suggesting he had lovers or she drove him off, we just don't know. I just - IMO - tend to trust her from her LONG interview. She isn't hiding from interviews. If someone had something to do with a crime, I can't imagine putting yourself out there, although it's been done.

Taking off from excellent post by StarRemy8, Suicide fits occams razor in my opinion.
My issue with suicide is that I doubt he would have left his truck and walked a great distance to kill himself. It seems likely he would have been located before now, and within close proximity, normal walking distance of where his truck was found. I believe this is going to be a case of foul play. I just have not yet been able to get a handle on who I think may be responsible. JMO

Or maybe she is personally stressed to the max and feeling hopeless herself after reading all the speculation, negative comments and the interview with LE. I gotta say, I would probably crack under her circumstances even being 10000% innocent.

We don't know exactly what the interrogation was like, but it's important to keep in mind that the spouse or significant other is often the prime suspect immediately. Small town cops - who knows if they even have much training or real life practical experience in now playing possible murder detective. Maybe they were entirely unprofessional, suggesting he had lovers or she drove him off, we just don't know. I just - IMO - tend to trust her from her LONG interview. She isn't hiding from interviews. If someone had something to do with a crime, I can't imagine putting yourself out there, although it's been done.

Personally I would expect to also be traumatised by LE's interview in a similar situation.
Imagine myself in the incredibly stressful situation of my husband missing, I'd be a mess, panicked and hysterical. If I went in an interview thinking they are trying to find my husband and I want to help... and was bombarded by insinuations/questions about infidelity, suicide, etc. instead, I would be losing my mind honestly. I would still be telling them everything I can, but it would take a toll.
And obviously that's the nature of LE's unpleasant job: having to cover every possible scenario to solve the mystery, whilst dealing with emotionally distraught family and friends.
I don't blame LE either for exploring uncomfortable scenarios, I would probably be upset if they didn't.

I don't think anything can be ruled out yet.
IF I were his spouse, I'd unplug from sm except to allow my missing partner or relatives/kids to contact me.
If a relative wanted to put up a fb missing page, I'd let them, but not read it myself.
Don't want added aggravation if people weren't helpful.
That's just me, though.
Enough mental emotional trauma at this time without the (sometimes) unhelpful public.
Omo.

Last edited:
My issue with suicide is that I doubt he would have left his truck and walked a great distance to kill himself. It seems likely he would have been located before now, and within close proximity, normal walking distance of where his truck was found. I believe this is going to be a case of foul play. I just have not yet been able to get a handle on who I think may be responsible. JMO
I agree, and think that based on what we’ve heard from so many, he loved his entire family. I don't think that if this is self harm, that he’d hide himself so well they’d never find him and be left wondering forever. I also can’t figure out who I think might be responsible. Seems there are a few potentials but why go to this extreme?

Personally I would expect to also be traumatised by LE's interview in a similar situation.
Imagine myself in the incredibly stressful situation of my husband missing, I'd be a mess, panicked and hysterical. If I went in an interview thinking they are trying to find my husband and I want to help... and was bombarded by insinuations/questions about infidelity, suicide, etc. instead, I would be losing my mind honestly. I would still be telling them everything I can, but it would take a toll.
And obviously that's the nature of LE's unpleasant job: having to cover every possible scenario to solve the mystery, whilst dealing with emotionally distraught family and friends.
I don't blame LE either for exploring uncomfortable scenarios, I would probably be upset if they didn't.
Exactly! Between a rock and a hard place, as the saying goes, and wanting to tell them to go take a flying hike.

Definitely! I cannot imagine planning for one and more than one is the result!

I still just wonder if they missed him in initial searches. We see it happen here all the time. And if the drone searches were just using thermal imaging but he was no longer, well, would it detect anything? I cannot imagine they were able to do grid searches where people stand about 3' apart and walk for a mile or two.

This is how I feel, and honestly, it's how I've felt all along. I think the most likely explanation (though it certainly isn't the only possibility) is that David is nearby and just hasn't been found yet.

It snowed a few days after David went missing. The temperature in the area in the days after his disappearance would, IMO, cool and potentially freeze a body quite quickly. Thermal imaging? Frozen flesh against frozen soil? Nope. The colour of David's clothing might stand out on drone footage, but only if he was wearing something that doesn't blend in. If he was wearing browns or beiges, he'd probably merge into the field.

Or maybe she is personally stressed to the max and feeling hopeless herself after reading all the speculation, negative comments and the interview with LE. I gotta say, I would probably crack under her circumstances even being 10000% innocent.
Yep.
But -- tell LE every molecule of everything you can think of, they are there to help find David !
Otherwise, maybe unplug from the public as much as possible ?
Sorry his family is going through this.

This is how I feel, and honestly, it's how I've felt all along. I think the most likely explanation (though it certainly isn't the only possibility) is that David is nearby and just hasn't been found yet.

It snowed a few days after David went missing. The temperature in the area in the days after his disappearance would, IMO, cool and potentially freeze a body quite quickly. Thermal imaging? Frozen flesh against frozen soil? Nope. The colour of David's clothing might stand out on drone footage, but only if he was wearing something that doesn't blend in. If he was wearing browns or beiges, he'd probably merge into the field.
Yes…. I love that volunteers searched on ATVs but it worries me that they may have moved quickly and were not 3’ away from the next ATV Searching methodically. A curled up body could be missed so easily.

RBBM

Agreed.

What bothers me is the Brushy Park search (why?) and the dog(s) lost his scent very close to the truck.

JMVHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member