IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That stuck out to me too, and also, with the tight controls of shower in/shower out, he was going to be showering when he arrived at the pick up location, why shower right before he leaves when he's running late? It just seems odd.
Showering before going to pick up hogs, no less. At night. However, I'd like to know where he was before that. Some people are 2x/day showerers - if he'd been on a long, dirty job prior to that, I get it.
I think that is very telling, 2 days.
I don't think so. That $2K truck payment is looming over her - that is a LOT of money every month - more than a rural Iowa mortgage by a lot. I'm sure she's terrified. She said in an interview she was not working, and his income stopped the day he disappeared so she is at serious risk of losing a lot if she doesn't make that payment.

I'm not a fan of in cases where toddlers/kids are missing - because what does a toddler contribute to the household? This woman is financially stranded. I'm not going to assume that's an ill intent.

Sorry it apparently deleted my reference to the site that rhymes with No Sun Fee.

Showering before going to pick up hogs, no less. At night. However, I'd like to know where he was before that. Some people are 2x/day showerers - if he'd been on a long, dirty job prior to that, I get it.

I don't think so. That $2K truck payment is looming over her - that is a LOT of money every month - more than a rural Iowa mortgage by a lot. I'm sure she's terrified. She said in an interview she was not working, and his income stopped the day he disappeared so she is at serious risk of losing a lot if she doesn't make that payment.

I'm not a fan of in cases where toddlers/kids are missing - because what does a toddler contribute to the household? This woman is financially stranded. I'm not going to assume that's an ill intent.
She said he did not shower. He had 2-3 previous loads that day, rushed home to wash up and got a change of clothes.

RBBM

Agreed.

What bothers me is the Brushy Park search (why?) and the dog(s) lost his scent very close to the truck.

JMVHO.
I adore dogs (I have six!) and some of them can do amazing things, no doubt. However, I take scent dogs with a grain of salt in cases like these. Anyone recall the case of Audrey Moran and Jonathan Reynoso? Her vehicle was found abandoned on a very busy stretch of I-10. A dog (dogs?) tracked her scent to the side of the road and an embankment area. Neither Audrey nor Jonathan was ever there. They had been murdered in the desert and her vehicle driven and dumped. That case is not the first time I've read about that happening, dogs "alerting" when the person was never there.

Thanks for that! So the sheriff, when asked if blood or anything was found, he said nothing was found, but they found “some things that have been sent to the DCI crime lab for DNA analysis” but no results back yet. Interesting.
Per the video, his 'wallet and keys were found'. I was wondering about the keys.

:BUMP:
Just bring this 411 over from thread 1 FWIW

Thanks to Knox

Thanks to stickb0y7

ETA: B4igo2it IS THIS MAP above correct??? If not, can you drop us a pin where the truck was found and hopefully stickb0y7 can make the adjustment...or we need a new map, hoping for the best,
mucho gracias all around.

My issue with suicide is that I doubt he would have left his truck and walked a great distance to kill himself. It seems likely he would have been located before now, and within close proximity, normal walking distance of where his truck was found. I believe this is going to be a case of foul play. I just have not yet been able to get a handle on who I think may be responsible. JMO
I'm on the same page as you.

Please tell me if I have this right, David left his home at 7pm. He left the pig pick up place at 10:50. It's a hour and half drive that took him almost 4 hours?? Is this correct?
His wife has repeatedly been quoted as saying he left around 7:30pm and there have been no reports to confirm whether he had the trailer already, or had to go pick it up somewhere. So let’s say he had the trailer and left at 7:40ish, that’d get him to EG around 9:10 or so. How long does it take to load a trailer of babies? No idea. Leaving at 10:50 means he’d have been there for an hour and a half or so. But If he had to pick up the trailer somewhere first, that would account for some of the time.

Just recalling, Sarah said her father mentioned the angle of drug cartels needing drivers, this letter went out in August 2023 to Iowa's 99 county Sheriff's office FWIW

Thanks for that! So the sheriff, when asked if blood or anything was found, he said nothing was found, but they found “some things that have been sent to the DCI crime lab for DNA analysis” but no results back yet. Interesting.

One of those things being the pig manure from where the piggies were loaded!!! Probably to disprove the theory that David might've been fed to the hogs there.

I thought of this scenario before the others in my head. David's biggest asset was his cdl. However, without his wallet which presumably had his license in it, would that attract more attention if he was forced to drive over the southern border or be pulled over? Or is it possible that he would be provided a fake id by the cartel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314