IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see David in the NAMUS database -- why would that be? Seems odd.
Hopefully David's DNA has been added to CODIS,

If David is dead and his his body was found a considerable distance away, the agency tasked with identification of the body might have a difficult time without the DNA being in the database, considering his ID I presume was left in his wallet which was found in the truck.

Hopefully David's DNA has been added to CODIS,

If David is dead and his his body was found a considerable distance away, the agency tasked with identification of the body might have a difficult time without the DNA being in the database, considering his ID I presume was left in his wallet which was found in the truck.

You presume correctly Joe, several articles mention his driver's license was in his wallet.

<modsnip: No source to information referenced>

Last edited by a moderator:

"Investigators said the farm where Dave picked up the pigs was searched and the manure pit in the barn was pumped and drained."

"Investigators said the farm where Dave picked up the pigs was searched and the manure pit in the barn was pumped and drained."
Interesting that he may had been to the pick up location once that day and to the drop off place the night before

That is a good thing. That gruesome possibility was still niggling at me. It seemed like, IF there was a chance for foul play, that would be the logical body location, and I'm glad they cleared it.

Interesting that he may had been to the pick up location once that day and to the drop off place the night before

I am furthest from an expert on pig hauling, but I would assume that the nature of the work in a particular area and the contracts for this sort of work means that haulers likely often pick up and drop off at the same locations quite regularly. So wouldn’t be too surprising that he had been to both in recent days. JMO

The LE press release said David arrived at the Hwy 20/71 intersection at 12:18AM. This article says his delivery time was midnight. So he was going to be about 25-30 minutes late by the time he arrived at Wiechman's.

Depending on his level of stress that could, potentially, have been enough to tip him over the edge.

Last edited:
This one has me all sorts of confused, as there are issues with every plausible scenario. If this was suicide, one would expect him to be found near his vehicle. If this was some sort of mental thing, there's a decent chance he would have turned up during the search, or sometime afterwards. If this was some sort of a hoax event, it's tough to pull that off without a trace (preparation). If this was foul play, it doesn't make much sense to commit it in this way. I do think if there is going to be an answer here it will come as a result of those subpoenas (phone records, banking, email, etc).

The LE press release said David arrived at the Hwy 20/71 intersection at 12:18AM. This article says his delivery time was midnight. So he was going to be about 25-30 minutes late by the time he arrived at Wiechman's.

Depending on his level of stress that could, potentially, have been enough to tip him over the edge.
it's confusing that he stopped at 126 Marker for 16 minutes if he would be running late, don't you think?

it's confusing that he stopped at 126 Marker for 16 minutes if he would be running late, don't you think?

Yes, I do think that's confusing. Nothing seems to make complete sense in this case.

He was already running late when he was at home, he arrived late for the pickup, and he would have been late for the dropoff.

Yet he stopped at Marker 126, had coffee, checked the truck, and made a phone call that doesn't appear to have been to Sarah, his boss, or Wiechman's--at least none of them have said he called them.

if this was some sort of mental thing, there's a decent chance he would have turned up during the search, or sometime afterwards.
I agree that if it was a mental thing, there is a decent chance he will turn up sometime afterwards, as time goes on and fields are mowed, etc. He could be found tomorrow. They just didn't thoroughly search those fields of tall grass.
It could be weeks, years or months. I don't see how now, with hundreds or thousands of acres to be searched, that it's a decent chance. A mental issue doesn't mean he couldn't have run or walked a long distance and concealed himself, intentionally or not.

I think the info about David drinking coffee must have come from the story about him stopping at Sparky's.

That story confuses me, because it supposedly came from Jake Rowley. And we do know there is video of David at a truck stop. That story got the location wrong (saying Sparky's rather than Marker 126), but it's possible the description of what David was doing is fairly accurate.

I believe LE have only said David made a phone call at the truck stop, but it's possible they're withholding some details of his activities.

I am furthest from an expert on pig hauling, but I would assume that the nature of the work in a particular area and the contracts for this sort of work means that haulers likely often pick up and drop off at the same locations quite regularly. So wouldn’t be too surprising that he had been to both in recent days. JMO
I agree not surprising but interesting because if an employee at one of the pig places had an issue with him earlier in the day, they knew he was coming back

I think the info about David drinking coffee must have come from the story about him stopping at Sparky's.

That story confuses me, because it supposedly came from Jake Rowley. And we do know there is video of David at a truck stop. That story got the location wrong (saying Sparky's rather than Marker 126), but it's possible the description of what David was doing is fairly accurate.

I believe LE have only said David made a phone call at the truck stop, but it's possible they're withholding some details of his activities.
The SCSO press release from 12/9 doesn't mention a phone call. It also doesn't really say anything about what they saw him doing during those 16 minutes. I think we read somewhere recently he was looking at his phone, but to me that doesn't necessarily mean he was calling anyone. We've also wondered if perhaps he was just getting fuel during those 16 minutes. Wish they'd been more specific about what they saw on that video. I also still wonder if the video Jake Rowley saw was footage from Sparky's as he was en route to Eagle Grove. Maybe he stopped then, and LE didn't mention it because it was irrelevant to them.

"Investigators obtained video footage of David Schultz at 11:15 PM on November 21, 2023, at the MM126 truck stop east of Fort Dodge on Hwy 20. Schultz is there for 16 minutes before leaving the truck stop. He is then seen on a DOT camera on Hwy 20 west of MM 126 truck stop heading west. This was the last time David Schultz was seen. Cell phone data obtained from David Schult’s phone corroborates this timeline."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member