IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, another day without LE press conference, another day without an update from Sac County Sheriff's Office.

Personally I think this says something about the state of the investigation. This isn't receiving the attention a potential abduction would receive, nor even a missing person.
The cases that seem to receive the most attention are the cases where family and friends are making the most noise in the local/national MSM and/or on Social Media. Don't/haven't seen any of that here, from anyone.

Is there even a David Schultz missing persons page of FB? FB pages seem to be one of the first things you see happen in other missing persons cases. Seen other things happen right away in this case, things that I have never seen happen so soon in other cases. Won't go into that.

JMO

obviously, speculation here - but I am absolutely w/ the theory that wherever he picked up the pigs - or shortly after - something happened, and someone NOT him drove the truck (in his gloves, boots and jacket.) the fact that he was going the wrong way based off of the drop of location, might show that maybe whoever is involved TRIED to drop the pigs off, and couldn't figure out how to get there and gave up/ got too nervous and aborted the mission.

explains the jacket in the ditch and no body - in my opinion.

The cases that seem to receive the most attention are the cases where family and friends are making the most noise in the local/national MSM and/or on Social Media. Don't/haven't seen any of that here, from anyone.

Is there even a David Schultz missing persons page of FB? FB pages seem to be one of the first things you see happen in other missing persons cases. Seen other things happen right away in this case, things that I have never seen happen so soon in other cases. Won't go into that.

JMO
It appears that his wife utilizes FB and posts her own updates daily. I saw one other person try to “manage” social media post about their missing loved one by posting themselves daily and even doing live videos and it was Sam Sayer’s mom when she went missing in WA. State. I think it must be horribly draining on a family member. Most of what I’ve read off of WS regarding DS husband is extremely supportive of his family. JMO

JMO
Local news touches on it, the flier is getting a lot of reposts in local facebook groups. It still gets talked about, and I expect that chatter to increase as the first potential major snowstorm of the year threatens to blanket us.

And since this was a pretty big story right when it happened, it's curious that it's been quite some time since the Sheriff's Department or DCI had anything to say. They've surely been able to analyze his phone by now, but no info released about it. Even if no info was found I'd expect an official statement saying as much. I don't think this is a mystery at all, and I don't think LE thinks it is either.

Last edited:
Local news touches on it, the flier is getting a lot of reposts in local facebook groups. It still gets talked about, and I expect that chatter to increase as the first potential major snowstorm of the year threatens to blanket us.

And since this was a pretty big story right when it happened, it's curious that it's been quite some time since the Sheriff's Department or DCI had anything to say. They've surely been able to analyze his phone by now, but no info released about it. Even if no info was found I'd expect an official statement saying as much. I don't think this is a mystery at all, and I don't think LE thinks it is either.
i think you are right. I think they are trying to save someone from public embarrassment

i think you are right. I think they are trying to save someone from public embarrassment
Curious what you mean… sorry to be dense!

I‘ve followed a lot of cases where LE does not give updates to the public or even to the family. It’s frustrating, makes you feel they’re not still on top of things, etc.

Curious what you mean… sorry to be dense!

I‘ve followed a lot of cases where LE does not give updates to the public or even to the family. It’s frustrating, makes you feel they’re not still on top of things, etc.
I’m thinking of similar cases that turned out to be voluntary disappearances. If the family is convinced something’s wrong - and LE has already figured it out - the decent thing to do is stand down and let it play itself out.

I’m thinking of similar cases that turned out to be voluntary disappearances. If the family is convinced something’s wrong - and LE has already figured it out - the decent thing to do is stand down and let it play itself out.
Wouldn’t LE in that case inform the family of their findings to let it all die down?

Not until he’s been located.
It's also possible thay *have* told Sarah they think it was voluntary, but if she's not willing to believe it there's not a lot more they can do.
And that makes sense. It would be a theory on their part, not based on anything factual. His phone data may have come back negative but maybe he had a burner Phone, if that’s the situation.

It would be interesting to know, and we probably never will, what phone activity took place his last night especially at Marker 126. Was he browsing the internet? Texting someone? Looking at a weather app? Did his phone show zero activity at that time but yet he was seen on camera looking at his phone? If the latter, maybe he had a burner phone.

All possible; but if that is true, why not announce just saying it is stalled on lack of any tips, clues, other available avenues to follow.
That it will be monitored closely as any new info is developed.
This is beginning to generate a feeling of LE not on top of the case, or terribly concerned about actually solving it.
Which may be the case.

All possible; but if that is true, why not announce just saying it is stalled on lack of any tips, clues, other available avenues to follow.
That it will be monitored closely as any new info is developed.
This is beginning to generate a feeling of LE not on top of the case, or terribly concerned about actually solving it.
Which may be the case.
Na, there are more than one LE involved. Maybe one can drop the ball, but not all. Takes time. They have DNA on a towel that has to come back. Cellular data they need to sift thru. This in itself can take awhile.

Na, there are more than one LE involved. Maybe one can drop the ball, but not all. Takes time. They have DNA on a towel that has to come back. Cellular data they need to sift thru. This in itself can take awhile.
I must have missed dna on a towel? Can someone tell me where that is reported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3