Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

Any new developments?

This from May 10
Not as I know of. Probably waiting on/working on raising enough money or arranging the supposedly pro bono offer. Like so many facets of this mystery, time drags on between bursts. Seems as a lot of stalling on both sides is continuing to go on, SS and LE. Just hope the "final " in process is revealing.

I don’t get it. He just walked out into a field and laid down and died?
Why is there no reports as to what happened to this mam?
‘A preliminary autopsy in April showed no signs of trauma or serious injury. Schultz's family said this week that they'll have a second autopsy done, according to the Sioux City Journal.’ Funeral services held Friday for David Schultz; family says they'll have second autopsy done

This was already posted but I’m guessing until the toxicology comes back they really won’t have any more information besides this. I’m reading they just can’t see anything traumatic. I’m also guessing that since he was out there that long there was probably gonna be a lot of dissipation of any fluids that could give them high value info. Again, I’m just guessing. Do you suppose he could have just gotten sick and walked out there and died? I think thats possible but I sure would like to know more about the phone records, conversations, and who he was talking to prior to this event. That the toxicology would make me feel a lot better about finding him out in the field so close to his truck.

Anything that causes confusion could result in a person wandering off for seemingly inexplicable reasons.

An overdose of something could easily explain it, but so could something like a slow-bleeding stroke. Depending on the level of decomposition of the brain, I'm not sure how easy a stroke would be to spot after so long.

Anything that causes confusion could result in a person wandering off for seemingly inexplicable reasons.

An overdose of something could easily explain it, but so could something like a slow-bleeding stroke. Depending on the level of decomposition of the brain, I'm not sure how easy a stroke would be to spot after so long.

I have wondered. What do you see/to examine for "showed no signs of trauma or serious injury."
on a body which (supposedly) lay face up, uncovered, in open wind blown field,during a fairly cold winter. for the unreported 155 days?
I would envision a somewhat mangled skeleton of missing parts. What do they have to work with on the physical exam? Strangulation would not show due to decomposition nor would particular head injury internal to the head. Tough task.

I have wondered. What do you see/to examine for "showed no signs of trauma or serious injury."
on a body which (supposedly) lay face up, uncovered, in open wind blown field,during a fairly cold winter. for the unreported 155 days?
I would envision a somewhat mangled skeleton of missing parts. What do they have to work with on the physical exam? Strangulation would not show due to decomposition nor would particular head injury internal to the head. Tough task.

Good question, and the only people who know the answer are those who have examined David's body.

If he was almost skeletonized, I think the most they could probably say was that he didn't have broken bones, a gunshot wound to the skull, knife marks on the bones, or that sort of thing. They could also look at his clothing for signs of penetrating wounds.

But if he had been frozen or mummified to some degree, his body could have been more preserved than might be expected. Marks such as strangulation marks might still be easily visible if that's the case. Sadly the brain, if I remember correctly, is usually one of the first things to decompose.

If he had some type of medical emergency or left his truck due to being disoriented, why would he have turned the lights out and switched the engine off? That's the bit I don't get?

I could believe that the level of stress and duress plus long hours could lead to a medical event - brain aneurism / stroke / heart attack... all sorts of issues, even some form of mental break and psychosis but none of that stacks up in terms of parking the truck dark. Also the suggestion he could have taken his own life really makes no sense to me.
JMO MOO

If he had some type of medical emergency or left his truck due to being disoriented, why would he have turned the lights out and switched the engine off? That's the bit I don't get?

I could believe that the level of stress and duress plus long hours could lead to a medical event - brain aneurism / stroke / heart attack... all sorts of issues, even some form of mental break and psychosis but none of that stacks up in terms of parking the truck dark. Also the suggestion he could have taken his own life really makes no sense to me.
JMO MOO
Medical could be so true. I have a girlfriend who changed her career to be a long hauler, when her husband, a long hauler had a huge stroke while driving his rig. He's still not well enough, but her hope is that he will be able to travel with her.

But she has explained just how much medical danger does arise from driving these rigs. They have more developed exercise, and therapy programs on the road now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk
Back