IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm new to this but the bikes were found on the path side and the purse and cell phone were on the interstate side. There is a fence in the middle of the two.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

What if the girls went there to meet someone that was traveling by boat? I would really like to know on what side of the path the purse/phone were tossed.

I just don't see the girls going to meet someone. Maybe I have my head in the sand as far as their generation. I still believe that age is just too young even in this day to go through with such a meeting. I hope I'm right but there have been some cases that would prove me wrong.

Is it possible these girls could be lost? I am not from the area but from the maps it seems unlikely. If not in the lake, they must have been taken.

The newswriter on this story gives a little info on the damaged, open fence on the highway side and says the bikes were found near the opening. He mentions this in the comment section.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Sear...k-County-for-Two-Missing-Girls-162494926.html

Thanks Kamille!

Per the article:
"I do not know for sure. I do know that the southeast portion of the fence that separates the lake from Interstate 380 had been damaged during a prior, unrelated car accident. It was open and near where the bikes were found."

I am skeptical given the details I have read so far, it would be my belief they would have been found by now if lost in the area....

My prayers are with these girls and their families for a good outcome...

Jn0920 we are not allowed to sleuth the family members.{ well we can but aren't allowed to discuss it here}..

Looking at Iowa Road Conditions, I'm refreshing my memory. I drove 380/20 both ways last weekend for the 4th. Right along Meyers Lake there, its two lane only. Have to be pretty hard to stop/pull over along there for whatever reason.

I think the grandmother was at the Collin's home looking after cousins Elizabeth (8), and Lyric (10) ... anyone else remember that?

That was my theory, but I haven't read it anywhere (yet).

So according to this article:

"Meyers Lake is about 20 yards from Interstate 380, which means there is easy access to the lake and bike trail....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/hundreds-search-missing-iowa-cousins-10-16782862

That is really close, I wonder if the girls rode their bikes around that area often. Given the fact the phone and purse were located close by is not very good news, I wonder if someone had been watching them prior..

Well I get to say goodnight. But the families of the missing don't have that luxury.
For all of us here we want the families of the missing to be able to be able to hug and kiss the ones they have been looking for. Tonight, I hope one family gets their hope and dream.

The newswriter on this story gives a little info on the damaged, open fence on the highway side and says the bikes were found near the opening. He mentions this in the comment section.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Sear...k-County-for-Two-Missing-Girls-162494926.html

I didn't see anything about a damaged fence, but it almost sounds like looking after volunteers became a full time job for emergency workers ... in addition to 1100 people walking through a potential crime scene.

The damaged part of the fence would certainly be worth fingerprinting and testing for blood ... per Heinekenman's suggestion upthread. If the girls were lured to that location and one went through the fence, I suspect that the other would have followed ... even faster if there was a bad guy in the trees (in the event that there were two abductors). Maybe someone talked to them in the alley, said something about that end of the park and they went there out of curiosity. Could a 10 year old understand meeting someone on the SE tip of Meyers Lake?

It's personal knowledge because the town is so small but I looked it up on Iowa Courts online.. here's the link. Just click on filings.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

I actually see temp. guardianship of Lyric was given to Heather Collins (Elizabeth's Mom) 8/01/2003.

Temp guardianship of Lyric's brother (D) was given to Grandma Wylma Cook 3/12/2001.

Trying to figure out where the girls live and with whom.

I am not 'sleuthing' the father, but I am wondering how much visitation rights he presently has. I wonder that because I think the girls are too young to be meeting boys they met or guys online. But if one of the girls was missing her father, then would they secretly go meet him?

I actually see temp. guardianship of Lyric was given to Heather Collins (Elizabeth's Mom) 8/01/2003.

Temp guardianship of Lyric's brother (D) was given to Grandma Wylma Cook 3/12/2001.

Trying to figure out where the girls live and with whom.

It seems that if that information was current that the girls would go to the same elementary school and live in the same town. Elizabeth lives in Evansdale. Lyric lives in Waterloo.

So what are we thinking here - that Elizabeth lives with her parents in Evansdale - and Lyric lives with her Grandma in Waterloo. And Grandma was watching the girls at Elizabeth's house in Evansdale when this happened?

I am so confused.

ETA: Per this acticle: "Collins is a student at Poyner Elementary. Cook is a student at Kingsley Elementary in Waterloo."

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

I haven't seen anything that proves to me that Lyric lived with her grandmother. All I've seen is that Elizabeth lives in Evansdale and Lyric lives in Waterloo. It's been reported that "Lyric often stays at the home of her 8-year-old cousin, Elizabeth Collins, in Evansdale while Misty Cook-Morrissey is at work." That seems to indicate that she lives with her mother.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb