IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! 3 people to abduct one little boy! They were taking the bike too! Maybe they are related and decided not to leave the bike as evidence this time.

Or ditch the bike in another area to throw LE off...

This is all very discouraging...telling me LE is no further along at all.

That has to be awful...imagine...wow.

Poor guy! I can't even imagine the sheer panic, nevermind having to probably explain it to friends/family and/or tell them about the story of being questioned by the FBI for who knows how long.

OT but, that is how the <censored> that rear-ended me quite a few years ago managed to get found. Light turned green, intersection totally blocked, apparently I was supposed to attempt to go anyway? I literally could've moved maybe a foot. It made no sense. Anyway guy tried to turn around and take off the other way but got stuck because of the dense traffic. Then I think he realized "oh wait a minute, my name and phone number are on my truck." He actually still took off once he could, but it sure made him easy to find.

But I do agree, that at least might help with the hassles these innocent people end up going through every time there's a van-involved abduction!

Exactly ... that guy was a creep so it's a good thing his info was out there for you and everyone else to see! Make life much easier. And, of course, for people who are actually innocent ... it has to be embarrassing for these people to show up on the news and for people to be looking at them like they're kidnappers or child-molesters!

I hate creepy white panel vans ! I always take an extra gander at one when I pass one on the street...lol

There needs to be a support group or society for owners of creepy white panel vans that provides counseling, decorative tips and legal advise for these very cases...

There needs to be a support group or society for owners of creepy white panel vans that provides counseling, decorative tips and legal advise for these very cases...

I always think something is sketchy when I see any type of van that doesn't have either a handicap thing in the front window or a business painted on it.

:floorlaugh:

Exactly ... that guy was a creep so it's a good thing his info was out there for you and everyone else to see! Make life much easier. And, of course, for people who are actually innocent ... it has to be embarrassing for these people to show up on the news and for people to be looking at them like they're kidnappers or child-molesters!

I agree. It is embarassing and sad in some ways. It happens kind of often where I am from due to snow, rain and cold sub zero temps. A dad on his way to work will see the neighbor's kid or a neighborhood kid getting frozen waiting for the bus and being a normal decent human being will offer the kid a dry place to sit in the car or ride to the school. Totally benign and good samaritan. The kids will freak out and report it...then usually after the person comes forward, the kid will be like "oh, that was Suzy's dad...oops." These cases are sad because there are genuinely good people out there and then there are bad ones. But...I think most perps these days will use a woman helper if they really want to lure the kid into a car.

Something doesn't seem right. LE must have had credible info to release that statement (not a witness, believe he has info) and picture at this time of night. If not, what a terrible handling of an innocent person by LE. There's got to be more to it?

I always think something is sketchy when I see any type of van that doesn't have either a handicap thing in the front window or a business painted on it.

I think that's because society has drilled that into our heads...the van as a demonized vehicle for kidnapping.

I agree. It is embarassing and sad in some ways. It happens kind of often where I am from due to snow, rain and cold sub zero temps. A dad on his way to work will see the neighbor's kid or a neighborhood kid getting frozen waiting for the bus and being a normal decent human being will offer the kid a dry place to sit or ride to the school. Totally benign and good samaritan. The kids will freak out and report it...then usually after the person comes forward, the kid will be like "oh, that was Suzy's dad...oops." These cases are sad because there are genuinely good people out there and then there are bad ones. But...I think most perps these days will use a woman helper f they really want to lure the kid into a car.

I didn't even think of scenarios like that ... there was a guy that lived down the road from me who looked like a creepy guy and, sometimes, when the weather was bad he would offer to drive me to school ... he was a family friend. He didn't drive a creepy van though ... and that, my friend, makes all the difference apparently.

But it also tells me they are working their butts off trying anything they can.

Right, that is their job. Just wondering about the confident "we believe she is alive" from two weeks ago, to running down anonymous white vans. Kind of makes me think they spoke too soon and didn't really have anything much to go on, when they said that.

I didn't even think of scenarios like that ... there was a guy that lived down the road from me who looked like a creepy guy and, sometimes, when the weather was bad he would offer to drive me to school ... he was a family friend. He didn't drive a creepy van though ... and that, my friend, makes all the difference apparently.

LOL...We have now let all lurking guests on this board to ditch the van...those aren't cool anymore, went out of style in the 70's and are cop-magnets (not babe magnets), and go for a non-creepy vehicle...LOL

The description of the man in CR that was involved in the attempted abduction of the 5 y/o is listed as 5'8" and 120 lbs, that is stinking skinny! Can that be even close? Even 150 would be pretty thin at 5'8" for a guy.

Right, that is their job. Just wondering about the confident "we believe she is alive" from two weeks ago, to running down anonymous white vans. Kind of makes me think they spoke too soon and didn't really have anything much to go on, when they said that.

They said the same thing about SK, too. She is alive until she was found. In this case mainly because until they have proof the person or people is dead, they stick with that. I think, too with the pressure put on them after the lake was drained and everyone was wondering about the "waste" of time (I think lake draining was needed) they maybe hesitant to even suggest the not alive possibility...

The description of the man in CR that was involved in the attempted abduction of the 5 y/o is listed as 5'8" and 120 lbs, that is stinking skinny! Can that be even close? Even 150 would be pretty thin at 5'8" for a guy.

Meth.

Something doesn't seem right. LE must have had credible info to release that statement (not a witness, believe he has info) and picture at this time of night. If not, what a terrible handling of an innocent person by LE. There's got to be more to it?

They may have waited until most people were home from work to get the most viewership. They have to investigate any tips that come in...But, yes...it appears a case of speculative guilt before innocent. I can't imagine being linked to a case like this if innocent...devastating. Mainly, because many people won't follow the news like we did and start the rumor mill or what not and believe he IS the perp. It's awful.

No kidding ... I'm 5'1" and when I was 120 pounds I wore a size 2! This guy must be emaciated!

I agree. It is embarassing and sad in some ways. It happens kind of often where I am from due to snow, rain and cold sub zero temps. A dad on his way to work will see the neighbor's kid or a neighborhood kid getting frozen waiting for the bus and being a normal decent human being will offer the kid a dry place to sit in the car or ride to the school. Totally benign and good samaritan. The kids will freak out and report it...then usually after the person comes forward, the kid will be like "oh, that was Suzy's dad...oops." These cases are sad because there are genuinely good people out there and then there are bad ones. But...I think most perps these days will use a woman helper if they really want to lure the kid into a car.

When my DD was about 8, my DH went to pick her up from an after school activity and there was another little girl who was still waiting for her ride. It was winter and almost dark.

He didn't see anyone else around so he told our daughter to go sit on the bench with her friend and he watched from the car. Finally her ride came and when they got home my DD said " Why couldn't she just come with us or sit in our car. It was hard for my husband to explain it to her, but sadly, he was nervous about inviting a little girl that he didn't know, never met before, into the car. SAD, I know. But he had just watched a good friend of ours go through He!! after being FALSELY accused by his ex of child abuse. So as sad as it is, many men are wary of having unknown little girls alone in a car or a home with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow