IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The description of the man in CR that was involved in the attempted abduction of the 5 y/o is listed as 5'8" and 120 lbs, that is stinking skinny! Can that be even close? Even 150 would be pretty thin at 5'8" for a guy.

With this area, I'd bet on meth, an appetite suppressant.

They said the same thing about SK, too. She is alive until she was found. In this case mainly because until they have proof the person or people is dead, they stick with that. I think, too with the pressure put on them after the lake was drained and everyone was wondering about the "waste" of time (I think lake draining was needed) they maybe hesitant to even suggest the not alive possibility...

They sounded much more positive in this case than any other I can recall of recent times. Almost everyone here was convinced, maybe except for cynics like me...JMO

OMG they posted the poor guy's full name. I was really hoping they wouldn't and actually was hoping they'd pull the story down completely to at least help limit how many of his friends/family saw it.

For his sake I'm glad he's innocent... for our sake and the girls' sakes I'm so sad they don't appear to have any new leads. Though yes, they are being very thorough.

Just because it wasn't this particular white van doesn't mean it's not out there. Lets hope that they locater the van from thr cr attempted abduction a hopefully theres a link. Also I'm hoping that they search ALL surveilliance tapes for white vans on that day. hats pobably how this picture came about. M

OMG they posted the poor guy's full name. I was really hoping they wouldn't and actually was hoping they'd pull the story down completely to at least help limit how many of his friends/family saw it.

For his sake I'm glad he's innocent... for our sake and the girls' sakes I'm so sad they don't appear to have any new leads. Though yes, they are being very thorough.

Link, please?

There is a possibility that they have a really good reason to search for white Astro vans. maybe they saw one on the video by the girls in the pking lot, and maybe one of the witnesses or neighbors saw one around the lake area that afternoon. So add to that recent attempted abductions, and they need to follow up on any they can find.

I have been thinking about that abduction attempt linked upthread---the 5 yr old boy and his dad following on his motorcycle. The article said that LE was not notified for 3 hours after the attempt. I do find that odd. But maybe Dad was watching his son, and they hurried home afterwards and MAYBE Dad has some reason not to want to contact LE. But once they told the mother or grandmother what happened, maybe she reported it.

In the last thread, oceanblueeyes wrote:

Can the lake be seen from the main highway that goes by there? I dont think he had to necessarily know the area well to leave the bikes there but it was convenient and no one was around at the time. It seems if it was an insider they would have left the bikes where they know the girls go often and the families have said they do not go to the bike path. The cameras shows them going in the opposite direction from the lake.

I believe it is in like most cases and LE is saying they 'believe' they are alive simply because they have no proof they are dead. I dont have much hope that they are alive.

The stranger could have come into town a couple of days before and it isnt a big town to learn. Joesph Duncan wasnt even from the same state as Shasta and Dylan Greone yet he was capable of going into their home undetected and murdering their family and kidnapping them. He admitted to Shasta that he had cased their home out before going in. So did Lyric and Elizabeth have a stalker and never knew it?

No doubt about it this family is about as dysfunctional as it gets but other kidnapped children didnt come from idealic families either yet the families had nothing to do with their child's disappearance and abduction.

I dont think the family is involved. Imo, this has pedophile written all over it. Whether he abducted them at the lake or some place else it doesnt take long at all to whisk two young frightened girls away. If he threatened to harm one of them then the other one would comply with his demands, imo.

As I have posted before.......children have been abducted in broad daylight by a predator and it can happen in this case too. They didnt even have to plan for the abduction to take place. A lot of times pedophiles seize on an opportunity they see and they saw two young girls alone with no one around them at the time. There was nothing or anyone stopping them.

It also may be someone from that town who lives there and the girls may have known them by sight enough to feel comfortable being in a close contact with them. I dont think it is going to turnout to be a RSO but may be someone who has molested within his own family and when he saw the girls alone he stepped out of his comfort zone.

IMO

I agree with you.

When this is solved, I believe that the perp will be someone either without a criminal record or with minor charges not related to sex offences.

As for your first paragraph.

It's been awhile since I was last in Evansdale but as I recall, when driving up I-380 there was a small break in the trees where I could see a flash of water.

There is no obvious way to get from I-380 to Meyer's Lake. There are no signs for it.

Even someone casually scoping out the lake would probably miss how isolated the double fenced area is. From across the lake, the entire trail seems to be visible and the overall vista is quite open.

As for the girls on camera going the "opposite" way to the lake, that's deceptive wording by LE, in my humble opinion. It is true that the easiest way to the lake would be in the opposite direction. However, it would be simple to either choose the north/south streets to the west to ride to the lake or whip around the end of the buildings in the strip mall (they were caught on camera from the rear of the strip mall) and be going east (the easier bike route to the lake).

Because the wording is deceptive and so obviously so, I have to wonder if perhaps the bicycles were found pointing in the "wrong" direction for if the girls had ridden the western streets down to the lake. In other words, the wording was a slip that revealed info LE meant to keep secret.

Are we allowed to sleuth him or the owner of the van since the name was released and at one point he was listed as POI? Probably not, but man is this really not related?

Are we allowed to sleuth him or the owner of the van since the name was released and at one point he was listed as POI? Probably not, but man is this really not related?

I'd think NOT. He was never named a 'person of interest' by LE, as far as I understand, I believe that was just a headline to grab attention. MOO, of course.

I'm thinking this will be very helpful:

" tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand." Of course, that abduction may not be related to the girls abduction, but maybe it is.. MOO

19174082_BG1.jpg

19174082_BG2.jpg

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19174082/...ing-girls-investigation#.UBnhf5LE5Yc.facebook

Mike needs to paint his van another color or else he is gonna be a suspect in every attempted kidnapping in the us.:what:

Real quick, if anyone knows....has the paddleboat operator been located? I havn't seen that in a few days. Maybe I missed it. Or was the Olympics-watching, van-driving guy also the paddleboating captain? Thanks in advance.

Real quick, if anyone knows....has the paddleboat operator been located? I havn't seen that in a few days. Maybe I missed it. Or was the Olympics-watching, van-driving guy also the paddleboating captain? Thanks in advance.

Negative

I didn't even think of scenarios like that ... there was a guy that lived down the road from me who looked like a creepy guy and, sometimes, when the weather was bad he would offer to drive me to school ... he was a family friend. He didn't drive a creepy van though ... and that, my friend, makes all the difference apparently.

My poor husband-- once, when my son was little, he wanted to go down a kids waterslide in the hotel we were staying at. I took him up, and DH waited at the bottom to catch him.

DS chickened out and the next girl went before I could say something. My poor DH caught the wrong kid. Well, this kid's dad ended up seeing some dude holding his daughter and FREAKED, which we totally understood and felt HORRIBLE about. We were able to get it worked out, but my husband is very cautious in public now.

ugh...no side windows in the back......i understand those types of vans for work but as an everyday main car, not so much.

People who are seriously into dogs (showing, competition, etc) often like those vans without side windows because they admit less solar radiation and so stay cooler inside for the dogs.

Most people can't afford a vehicle just for dog showing or dog competitions, so they use their family vehicle and convert it to a dog vehicle as much as possible while still leaving it suitable for family purposes.

Keep in mind that just because there are side windows doesn't make the van more open. If the side windows are tinted, they can be painted black on the inside and on a casual look will appear perfectly normal.

Again, this is a tactic used by dog people to keep their dogs cooler. It's not necessarily done with evil intent.

Dear MK,
Get some signage on your father's van and avoid being looked at with contempt. It costs about $200 and publicizes your business.
V/R,
Everyone Who Thinks You're a Potential Kidnapper

Poor guy! I can't even imagine the sheer panic, nevermind having to probably explain it to friends/family and/or tell them about the story of being questioned by the FBI for who knows how long.

I personally wouldn't care one hoot if my pic and name were splashed all over the media,,,,,,,and if I were questioned by the FBI for hours.

It's all a necessary part of the process of weeding through the clues in the pursuit of keeping us all safe from the degenerates of society.

Seems to be a losing battle. I choose to cut LE some slack.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member