IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up, and really sad about this outcome. I thought of these little girls the other day while I watched some real crime show about 2 girls going missing months apart, turned out to be a neighbor. I thought this could very well be a perp who knew them. I hope we find out what happen soon.

I also wanted to point out, the perp could of dragged the girls to the locations of where they were found.

BBM - Hummmm. 1. Each one of my 6 bedrooms has a key lock because items kept coming up missing and accusations flew, and fighting ensued. I have a key and the child has a key. 2. I also have key locks on a couple of closets, a storage area, and the basement door. Why? Because they are a disaster and someone could get hurt and it was easier to lock them than clean them out. :blushing:

Ahhh... We're perhaps coming from different times/places. From my memories of childhood, one of the beauties and pure joys of attics was that they weren't cleaned up... a child's treasure trove of dusty old trunks, boxes, etc. to explore and ancient clothes to dress up in and wear for tea parties away from the general household traffic...

Well, in the greater sense, it's a good thing. We're about 10 inches short of rain here and a foot of snow only makes an inch of water. So the more snow the better.

Time to hustle Mr Grainne out for the ingredients for French toast! It's the Iowa thing to do. On snowy evenings, I instruct him on how to make it and add my secret ingredients, then he cooks it.

The secret ingredients are whatever is in the spice caddy that smells right to me! It's never the same twice and every time, he says that was the best batch ever and did I keep track of what I put into it?

May I suggest pumpkin pie spice?

Great avatar but I miss the hawk.

Isn't sad that a g-ma, worried about her baby girl, has to measure her words?

Ms Piggy provides some much needed comic relief but I dont think she is here to stay, not really me ;) Thinking the hawk needs a beak though so watch for a timber wolf sometime soon.

Yeah, I feel so bad for gramma Wylma. She was obviously frantic and willing to talk to anyone willing to listen about her grands, she struck me as well meaning but rather unsophisticated. I imagine she had no idea how much her words would be disected. But then most victim family members are unprepared for that probability in this new age of statement analyis and web sleuthing, I think.

Yes, and I also will bet that the parents were in the same room at motel... you know, where they went to get some sleep. (BTW, I don't care how many reporters were in their yard, I was amazed that parents would leave home when their child was missing, possibly kidnapped.)

I'll go even further out on this limb and suggest that, perhaps, they didn't even bother to tell LE they were going to the motel. IMHO, they seemed awfully surprised/irritated that LE was banging on their motel room door in the middle of the night.

And, I thought it awfully strange that when reporter was asking Dan abt the disappearance of his dau, he starts talking abt the other time dau was late coming home making such a point (IMO) of how both times he was at his mother's home, where he lived, when his wife telephoned him again to say that dau was missing.

And totally O/T: why on earth would the attic door where Lyric lived be kept locked?!?

Yes, I've switched from hot tea to wine...

:lol: This is enough to drive anyone to drink.

Then why would she need to run away? She could just hang up the phone.

Wylma stopped her and soothed her, which implies she was running away from Dan not Wylma.

Does no one else see what I'm getting at?

I don't understand what you mean. Care to share without giving out too much info? It takes me awhile to figure out what some of you are saying on here! :blushing:

I don't understand what you mean. Care to share without giving out too much info? It takes me awhile to figure out what some of you are saying on here! :blushing:

I was just trying to clarify who lived where with whom for someone who asked and it kind of grew out of there.

I think Dan may have been living with Misty and Lyric at Grandma's house, or at least staying there a fair bit.

I'm not sleuthing the family in any way, just trying to share knowledge.

:angel:

There is a good artice on the KCRG website that tells what the ME is looking for & can/can't discover during an autopsy. It was posted a couple days ago, but says updated today. I don't know how to post it or I would.
Also Waterloo Courier website (I think) says that Casey's is raising money for a memorial bench to be placed on the trail at Meyer's Lake. They need
$3,000. Casey's has donated $500 & people have left off $300 at the Casey's in Independance.

:toastred:

OMG... OMG... You have no idea just how perfect your response is... you've made my day... for I actually knew how to find "clinking mugs," but never knew there was such a smiley as "clinking wine glasses!"

In all seriousness, in the imperfect world we all live in, IMO, your reply here is more perfect for me today than you'll ever know!!!

ETA: and this is above the fact that I confessed to sipping wine. (:

There is a good artice on the KCRG website that tells what the ME is looking for & can/can't discover during an autopsy. It was posted a couple days ago, but says updated today. I don't know how to post it or I would.
Also Waterloo Courier website (I think) says that Casey's is raising money for a memorial bench to be placed on the trail at Meyer's Lake. They need
$3,000. Casey's has donated $500 & people have left off $300 at the Casey's in Independance.

This one?
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Whats-Next-in-Missing-Girls-Investigation-182603861.html

I still don't think thats a credible sighting. The lawn watering guy is who they are referring to and he oriiginally said between 12:30 and 3:00. He also said that they did that a lot. But I'm pretty sure that Elizabeth had a tighter leash, and her parents would not have allowed it. This sighting was ignored for a long time. I don't think LE is convinced its credible either.

Something just occurred to me.

The lawn watering man may not have been the only person to report seeing the girls. Witnesses go to the media of their own accord, LE doesn't usually release their names.

I've long believed that if I were in some way a witness to a crime, I wouldn't out myself to the media. For many reasons, not least of which is it seems to me to be darned inconvenient! I mean, those media people, they call people. On the telephone! I'm the person who thinks an iTouch is perfect because it doesn't have that pesky phone feature.

And what suddenly occurred to me is this: what if the lawn watering man was never given credence by LE but they had some other witness who placed the girls on Gilbert around the same time?

Would that change anyone's theory of the crime?

Ty for info. Very interesting.

I for one, hope they don't (perhaps prematurely) place a bench at Meyers lake due to the possibility that they weren't abducted from there... just MO, of course...

I posted earlier about a child molester currently with an address in Waterloo, with another address on Gilbert Avenue in Evansdale (right across from Myers lake).. now I find he also was accused of kidnapping when he was 17 in Readlyn back in 2005!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow