IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um... according to public record, a certain someone lives on the CORNER of Lake Ave and Gilbert. Even faces Gilbert.
One other thing interesting in a video taped interview. People will unconsciously "recreate" what is in their mind with body language, and there was a certain head turning in relation to recalling watching cyclists go by. It would have been headed toward Meyers Lake's park, FWIW. This, however, was coming from someone later on, after the event, when the mind also puts together things to "substantiate" what they think they saw. Maybe nothing, but... watching everything repeatedly in that video made me kind of go Hm...

It's my understanding that police were interested in the area of Gilbert and Elmer ... but maybe they meant Lake Avenue. I think they are two separate pieces of information.

All I could find that came up on the map was a drive. Was it a typo mistake and they meant drive not avenue?? Everytime I put in avenue, it comes up did you mean drive? Dunno.

It must be a typo, but if it is meant to be Gilbert Street, then it's on the other side of town.

OMG... OMG... You have no idea just how perfect your response is... you've made my day... for I actually knew how to find "clinking mugs," but never knew there was such a smiley as "clinking wine glasses!"

In all seriousness, in the imperfect world we all live in, IMO, your reply here is more perfect for me today than you'll ever know!!!

ETA: and this is above the fact that I confessed to sipping wine. (:

I'm guzzling Scotch...lol Cheers.

RIP Sweet little children. I will never understand.

Yes, the perp probably read that .written Nov 13 and girls found a couple weeks later.

Letter to Kidnapper (13-NOV) then the following day's events:

Prosecutors change mind; hearing against Misty Morrissey canceled

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_41214006-2e86-11e2-93d5-001a4bcf887a.html

snipped (14-NOV-2012):
hearing cancelled, prosecutors changed their mind about revoking her supervised release, she had been slated to appear in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids on allegations she violated the terms of her supervised release in connection with a 2003 methamphetamine charge.
According to court records, prosecutors filed a sealed motion seeking to dismiss the request to revoke her supervised release which had been requested last week (government filed a seal petition alleging she violated the terms of her release).
She served 4-yrs in prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to manufacture and distribute meth in 2003. After prison, her supervised release was revoked in August 2011 and she was ordered to undergo a treatment program and spend time at the Waterloo Residential Facility. A year of supervised release was also imposed at that time.

Scotch! Whoo! My drink of choice! :)

I've heard that Colonel Meow likes it as well... (just search A glass of Scotch with Colonel Meow on YouTube.)

People above have been discussing the possibility of retaliation against Dan. But maybe it was retaliation against Misty. Misty was an informant on a major player in the meth trade. Based on her testimony, he was sentenced to a long prison term.

I forget his name. Is that guy out of prison or still in?

:rocker:
The lawn watering man lived on Lake Ave near S Evans Road, not Gilbert, and not Elmer. Police mention Gilbert and Elmer at 12:30. The lawn man mentions Lake Avenue and S Evans Road between 12:30 and 3 PM. I believe they are two separate pieces of information, not one where police got their roads wrong.

Lawn Watering guy lives at 1020 Lake avenue which is on the corner of Lake and Gilbert. I believe he stated that the girls were headed toward S Evans road. Again I think le is just trying to confirm.

Yes, and in addition to that, there was an incident at Tammy's house a few weeks AFTER the girls went missing. A man in his early 20s was flirting with Tammy's 14 year old daughter and she was very upset about it.

IF this RSO we are discussing currently lives in Waterloo and was perhaps grooming Lyric and her 14 year old cousin, pehaps Lyric made mention of not being around the day of the abductin and needing to go to evansdal with gramma that day.

Girls are out riding and surprise surprise Lyric's new frend whose been showing her so much attention pops up in Evansdale.

Maybe even the flirting post abduction with Tammy's 14tear old daughter was to try and gain inside scoop about investiation. I would really like to know if the flirter was one and same as the RSO.

HAIR ON THE BACK OF MY NECK IS STANDING AT ATTENTION NOW.

Dr Know could you please put up that link you had of the RSO that had their pictures listed. TIA

There are too many serious drug problems and abuse in the family to ignore. Have they all passed polys, etc.? I have not followed the case. I am just skimming the surface but these meth issues are too serious for me to ignore.

I guess if I were to have followed more closely, I would be on the same page as most posters. I will try to catch up.

IF this RSO we are discussing currently lives in Waterloo and was perhaps grooming Lyric and her 14 year old cousin, pehaps Lyric made mention of not being around the day of the abductin and needing to go to evansdal with gramma that day.

Girls are out riding and surprise surprise Lyric's new frend whose been showing her so much attention pops up in Evansdale.

Maybe even the flirting post abduction with Tammy's 14tear old daughter was to try and gain inside scoop about investiation. I would really like to know if the flirter was one and same as the RSO.

HAIR ON THE BACK OF MY NECK IS STANDING AT ATTENTION NOW.

If you pop on down to the scanner thread, one of them may remember the name of the perp that was seeking the attention of Tammy's daughter.

After the day I've had, you have no idea how much I would love to join you. Unfortunately, tomorrow starts with dental work, so no alcohol for me.

And I will never get this type of thing either. I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse.

My point is just that: no one that we know of has come forward.

What if there is someone who contacted LE but chose not to out themselves to the media?
Could be. But there still doesn't appear to be anything official.

People above have been discussing the possibility of retaliation against Dan. But maybe it was retaliation against Misty. Misty was an informant on a major player in the meth trade. Based on her testimony, he was sentenced to a long prison term.

I forget his name. Is that guy out of prison or still in?

I had favorited the article that gave his name, but it now says article not found. I do remember a discussion about him. I think he is already out of prison, if we are thinking about the same guy.

After the day I've had, you have no idea how much I would love to join you. Unfortunately, tomorrow starts with dental work, so no alcohol for me.

And I will never get this type of thing either. I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse.

I'll stick to sipping a vodka cranberry.

I cannot get the RSO, CF's eyes in the mugshot out of my head. Shudder.

Really nice sleuthing Chelsea.

I agree. I think he looks like a wanted person sketch that I've seen, but I don't remember which one or where. *pounds brain*

It's driving me nuts. I think I've seen him recently, but now that I'm older, "recently" takes on a whole new meaning. It could have been weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow