IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they confirmed anything except that her and Misty don't talk, Drew loves dan and doesn't think he's involved. I wonder now does she think Misty knows who did this??

I hope KWWL posts that entire interview unedited. I'd like to watch it again...maybe get a transcription.

Let me ask this so I may be sure...Drew suspects(but does not know for sure) that an RSO is responsible?

He suspects that the person(s) responsible has offended before. Maybe caught, maybe not.

I think that Heather's faith is amazing, but with that said, I understand why she is lashing out, and I can't say I blame her.

And yes, I see some of the highly personal statements as lashing out, but not blameworthy. This poor family. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed. I wouldn't be able to talk to the media. I'd likely still be hospitalized. Heather has done an amazing job of trying to keep the word and the girl's faces out there.

I found it interesting that Elizabeth's parents want to work with anti-sex trafficking groups and/or protecting children from sex offenders in the future. I am wondering if this is something they decided awhile ago or if they feel that this is relevant to their child's murder.

Heather is still facing major surgery. Not scheduled yet but probably soon. She couldn't wear a microphone because of the defibilator she's wearing. The mic was in the Christmas tree beside her.

My next logical question would be...were the parents told that the girls were found without clothing on? Their clothes may have been in the area of the bodies, but just maybe not on the girls. It is interesting that he would suspect a sex offender. (As opposed to retaliation Against Dan theory)

forgives the person who murdered her child but not her sister..

That is sad, isn't it. Wonder if deep down she blames her sister for all of this. I just don't get it how she can forgive the killer but not her own sister - when her sister is hurting just as much :(

I'm operating under the assumption that the family was told a bit more about the discovery of the bodies than the general public was told, of course. As is sometimes the case

hmm...Heather seemed to agree when the interviewer said "I assume the bodies had been there for quite some time". I think I got that quote close to correct.

I heard that too. So, it does sound like the girls been out there for a while :(

I'm operating under the assumption that the family was told a bit more about the discovery of the bodies than the general public was told, of course. As is sometimes the case

Me too.

Forensic linguistics indicate that (based on the snippets posted here) Drew and Heather have an excellent idea who is involved, but clearly cannot say so.

That is sad, isn't it. Wonder if deep down she blames her sister for all of this. I just don't get it how she can forgive the killer but not her own sister - when her sister is hurting just as much :(

Heather is much closer to Misty and her motivations than we are.

Considering how close they were in the early days, something has gone very awry.

Considering how empathetic Heather is, I suspect there is something that she just cannot forgive. We all have our limits.

I am surprised at reading here that it appears that Heather wished for a joint celebration but Misty vetoed it.

Seems like the bad blood goes both ways at the moment.

I think she does forgive her deep inside, loves her but doesn't like her.
The burden she is carrying is huge, I can only think she is not strong enough to carry Misty too. That is understandable.. Sad but understandable.

Wow...this is something.

This is the most confirmation we've had so far that it was not a random abduction.

If the girls were found clothed, sexual assault is even more unlikely.

To put his statement in context, the interviewer described the area at Meyers Lake where the bikes were found, the fence, etc. I can't recall the exact question he asked, but it was something along the lines of "given the location and the fact that there were two girls, do you think the girls knew their abductor?" That's when Drew said it was likely, but that he didn't know.

And also, please keep in mind that I didn't write anything down, word for word, that was said. So before getting too excited about this, maybe we should wait for a transcript and read everything in context. JMO

Not saying that this interview gives us concrete proof of anything, but I am surely going to look more closely at theories that are more in line with those of the family. They know more than I do. I would bet my life on it.

Me too.

Forensic linguistics indicate that (based on the snippets posted here) Drew and Heather have an excellent idea who is involved, but clearly cannot say so.

I took away exactly the opposite from the interview--they think its a sex offender. No indication they know who. MOO

My next logical question would be...were the parents told that the girls were found without clothing on? Their clothes may have been in the area of the bodies, but just maybe not on the girls. It is interesting that he would suspect a sex offender. (As opposed to retaliation Against Dan theory)

Or, you could be a mean natured misogynistic cynic (like me) and wonder if LE haven't actually told Heather and Drew any details for reasons of their own, related to the investigation.

Daniel Morcombe's parents, here in Australia, did not know precisely what had happened to their son until the court case...and they were never even close to being suspects, themselves.

In fact, they bonded deeply with the investigating officers and are now personal friends...but they still weren't told exactly what had happened to their boy.

http://www.kwwl.com/

Today, 2:37 pm
Ron: You believe the perpetrator is a sex offender? Drew: "I would bet money. I would bet everything I own... That's just my gut."
Today, 2:36 pm
Drew: "(Child molesters) need to go to prison for a longer time...We have the technology to watch these guys."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413