IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snippets from today's Live Interview of Heather and Drew posted at link below:

Today, 2:37 pm
Ron: You believe the perpetrator is a sex offender? Drew: "I would bet money. I would bet everything I own... That's just my gut."

Today, 2:36 pm
Drew: "(Child molesters) need to go to prison for a longer time...We have the technology to watch these guys."

Drew: "If they're attracted to an 8-yr-old girl and you send them to prison for 4 yrs, they get out and are still attracted to 8-yr-olds."

Today, 2:35 pm
Drew: Kids aren't able to go outside and play, and that's not fair.

Today, 2:34 pm
Drew: "I just want this person to be caught so they can't hurt anyone else. I think our community needs that to start the healing process."

http://www.kwwl.com/

I'm confused here (nothing new, tho) Who, exactly is "locked up for a very long time" and in any relation to this crime directly? As I understand it, LE doesn't even have an official POI.

I know I'm not MsP, but I think this is related to the case she was talking about with her cousin. Not L&E.

I know I'm not MsP, but I think this is related to the case she was talking about with her cousin. Not L&E.

Oooohhh. See? I told you I was confused! lol Just pass the cookie jar and I'll shut up

IMO, Drew may have heard more info and/or details from LE since discovery of the girls than his wife because he may have needed to know (versus H's decision to not need to know how Elizabeth was murdered).

Snippets from today's Live Interview of Heather and Drew posted at link below:

Today, 2:37 pm
Ron: You believe the perpetrator is a sex offender? Drew: "I would bet money. I would bet everything I own... That's just my gut."

Drew: "(Child molesters) need to go to prison for a longer time...We have the technology to watch these guys."

Drew: "If they're attracted to an 8-yr-old girl and you send them to prison for 4 yrs, they get out and are still attracted to 8-yr-olds."

Today, 2:35 pm
Drew: Kids aren't able to go outside and play, and that's not fair.

Today, 2:34 pm
Drew: "I just want this person to be caught so they can't hurt anyone else. I think our community needs that to start the healing process."

http://www.kwwl.com/

^^^BBM

But Lyric wasn't an 8 year old girl.

She was a 10 year old girl who resembled an adult in general appearance, height, weight.

Is Drew implying that Lizzie was the target?

This doesn't make much sense to me, as only Lizzie would have been taken.

:cow:

hmm...Heather seemed to agree when the interviewer said "I assume the bodies had been there for quite some time". I think I got that quote close to correct.
If the interview started right at 1:30, I missed the 1st half hour of it. I picked up on that right away & thought right away that we just got the answer that we were all wondering about. The newsreporter has been on KWWL for over 30 yrs. so he knows how to interview people in a respectful way & still get the answers the public want to hear. I was actually surprised that they were both as open as they were.

Trafficking can occur while the child is still in the home.

It doesn't mean chains, chloroform, and being carted off to a brothel anymore, like the old days of white slavery.

Human trafficking is defined as the sexual use of a person by another person to gain profit.

I saw a girl on Dr Phil who was trafficked for years, by her own father. The customers came to their house to abuse her in her own bedroom, and he got cheaper drugs as a payoff.

I believe any such events would have come out in the course of the past 5 months of investigation and arrests would have been made, if they girls were being used for sex in their own homes.

If the interview started right at 1:30, I missed the 1st half hour of it. I picked up on that right away & thought right away that we just got the answer that we were all wondering about. The newsreporter has been on KWWL for over 30 yrs. so he knows how to interview people in a respectful way & still get the answers the public want to hear. I was actually surprised that they were both as open as they were.

It sounds like a very professionally done interview, to elict this much information.

Katie Couric, please take notes.

Thank you, carbuff. We are pretty confident we know who did it. And so are the police. The guy is actually now locked up for a very long time for drug and other offenses. It is frustrating.

Know who did what? Killed the girls? Who?

^^^BBM

She was a 10 year old girl who resembled an adult in general appearance, height, weight.

IMHO, I think Drew was merely stating such as an example (and his daughter would be foremost in his mind, as well, bless him :( )

I believe any such events would have come out in the course of the past 5 months of investigation and arrests would have been made, if they girls were being used for sex in their own homes.

Me too.

Which further makes trafficking an unlikely scenario.

Also, only live people are useful to traffickers.

Killing the golden goose makes no sense at all.

I didn't hear the live interview.

Those who did, what did Heather say that makes you believe that she agreed with the interviewer when he said he assumed the bodies had been there for quite some time?

IMHO, I think Drew was merely stating such as an example (and his daughter would be foremost in his mind, as well, bless him :( )

The fact that both girls were taken is a very important part of this crime.

It is so rare as to be almost without precedent.

Someone who wants a little girl for sexual reasons does not kidnap her mother, older sister, grandma too....that's just too much hassle with NO PAYOFF for a pedo.

I seriously am wondering if LE have told Heather and Drew anything substantial about the investigation, at all.

It is not common for parents to be advised of every single line of investigation, and the progress made in each, simply because until the investigation is complete, everyone's a suspect.

Sorry, I was responding to carbuff. I haven't figured out how to quote from my phone

I'm always intrigued after interviews or news articles or press conferences. There are such varying opinions here, such different POVs and based on theory, everyone takes away such a different view.

Just reading all of the comments from the interview, I think that with so little facts and information being released that every single word is analyzed and read into.

I really hope there is something substantial that is released soon. This waiting is agonizing, I can't imagine how much the families have suffered already.

Know who did what? Killed the girls? Who?

Know one knows, there's been no arrest.

What there is, however, is a lynch mob on FB who have identified some RSO and pinned it all on him, simply because he happens to have lived in Evansdale, as far as I can see.

Completely ignoring the fact that as an RSO, he would have been one of the first investigated by LE.

Also ignoring the fact that by the mug shot, the man in question is drug addled and of borderline IQ, and probably struggles to tie his own shoelaces, so is highly unlikely to be the mastermind of such a seamless double abduction and murder.

As someone else on this thread said, it's the sex offenders who haven't been registered that we have to worry about in this case.

In my opinion, anyway.

We still do not know the autopsy results so the speculation it is a sex related crime is just that, speculation.

^^^BBM

I have to disagree. Lyric was a 4'9" 10 year old child and I do not think that she resembled an adult.

I didn't hear the live interview.

Those who did, what did Heather say that makes you believe that she agreed with the interviewer when he said he assumed the bodies had been there for quite some time?

All she said right away was yes.

I have to disagree. Lyric was a 4'9" 10 year old child and I do not think that she resembled an adult.

The girl weighed 145lb.

She may have had another couple of inches left to go, but she was essentially grown.

Remember the perp would have first spotted them from a distance. If you look at the cctv footage, there is a clear disparity in size between the two.

The fact that both girls were taken is a very important part of this crime.

It is so rare as to be almost without precedent.

Someone who wants a little girl for sexual reasons does not kidnap her mother, older sister, grandma too....that's just too much hassle with NO PAYOFF for a pedo.

I seriously am wondering if LE have told Heather and Drew anything substantial about the investigation, at all.

It is not common for parents to be advised of every single line of investigation, and the progress made in each, simply because until the investigation is complete, everyone's a suspect.

BBM

Heather and Drew both stated that they do not want to know every detail, they want LE to focus on solving this case. Drew mentioned that they don't call LE asking questions all the time, they are letting LE do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16