IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by threecrazykids View Post
Let's not give that doof any more credit than he's worth...I guess if "serial killer" is a status.
As far as we know he's only killed one person...he's been too damn impulsive and unorganized to get away with any of the others so I refuse to give him credit for being a serial killer.

Okay, technically that's correct, although I think only the fact of getting caught kept him from killing yet again. How about "serial offender"?

'The following MS Media article Headline on MJK, caused me to make a double take'-

Serial kidnapper strikes again in Iowa | Amarillo Globe-News

http://amarillo.com/news/latest-news/2013-05-22/serial-kidnapper-strikes-again-iowa
By The Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa — When Michael Klunder enticed two girls to enter his pickup truck near a rural Iowa school bus stop Monday, it was at least his third kidnapping in a long criminal history in which he was ordered to receive sex offender treatment as a teenager, according to police.
<sniped-read more>

'The following MS Media article Headline on MJK, caused me to make a double take'-

Serial kidnapper strikes again in Iowa | Amarillo Globe-News

http://amarillo.com/news/latest-news/2013-05-22/serial-kidnapper-strikes-again-iowa
By The Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa — When Michael Klunder enticed two girls to enter his pickup truck near a rural Iowa school bus stop Monday, it was at least his third kidnapping in a long criminal history in which he was ordered to receive sex offender treatment as a teenager, according to police.
<sniped-read more>

He certainly was that - a serial kidnapper. What a shame he was out of prison and allowed to abduct the two girls in Dayton.

I agree Squeeze, I'm going to add Misty and Dan's son to that list too. How heavy can a heart be missing your parents and sister? As a teen? I worry.

Absolutely. The cards were already stacked against him, having a pretty unstable childhood. I hope he's getting a lot of support.

Absolutely. The cards were already stacked against him, having a pretty unstable childhood. I hope he's getting a lot of support.

D doesn't put much on his FB page. I wonder if he is living with Wylma or with Dan's mother? In any event, I pray he has the strength to choose a different path than his parents chose.

Hello websleuth friends, wishing you all a Merry Christmas. I'm saddened that the killer still has not been found. Hopefully the new year brings peace to the families and justice can finally be served.

:eek:fftopic: Davenport investigates 2 incidents of a person approaching kids
Davenport, IA - published 13-DEC-2013
(Davenport is 2 hours SE of Evansdale)

"driving a van type vehicle" - "Police responded a call of a suspicious person in a vehicle. The suspect was described as a male white with a beard"

"The student reported the incident to a teacher who was outside at the time. The teacher reported seeing a vehicle that matched the description given by the student. A description of the suspect was a male white in his 30’s with a beard."

JMO: Wonder why no mention of the color of the vehicle??

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_6f964328-6459-11e3-aa61-001a4bcf887a.html

"driving a van type vehicle" - "Police responded a call of a suspicious person in a vehicle. The suspect was described as a male white with a beard"

"The student reported the incident to a teacher who was outside at the time. The teacher reported seeing a vehicle that matched the description given by the student. A description of the suspect was a male white in his 30’s with a beard."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_6f964328-6459-11e3-aa61-001a4bcf887a.html

Another Friday the 13th!

I have to wonder if NONE of these mysterious vans have license plates or if ALL of the people in these incidents don't think to get a plate #.

I haven't ever been in these situations but I would like to think that if I thought a vehicle was suspicious the first thing I would do would be to get a plate #.

It just amazes me how many of these reports happen and NONE ever have a plate #! Why is that?

I understand kids not getting a plate #, that's not a typical kid's thought process...but all these adults? Strange...

I have to wonder if NONE of these mysterious vans have license plates or if ALL of the people in these incidents don't think to get a plate #.

I haven't ever been in these situations but I would like to think that if I thought a vehicle was suspicious the first thing I would do would be to get a plate #.

It just amazes me how many of these reports happen and NONE ever have a plate #! Why is that?

I understand kids not getting a pla e #, that's not a typical kid's though process...but all these adults? Strange...

It seems like most people nowadays have a smart phone with them - why not snap a quick picture of the vehicle and the license plate? It might not be a perfect picture, but it would probably be more helpful then an eye-witness description. JMO.

I dunno. First you've got to recognize that the vehicle is suspicious at the time you see it. And then is it at an angle that allows you to see the plate? Is it close enough for you to read the plate? And do you have something to write down the plate number on so you won't forget it?

I have a camera on my phone, but it takes a solid ten seconds for it to open and then it won't take a clear picture from more than 20 feet. By the time I get it out, the vehicle would likely be gone. On top of that, if I really thought it was suspicious, I'd hesitate about going close enough to get a picture.

I dunno. First you've got to recognize that the vehicle is suspicious at the time you see it. And then is it at an angle that allows you to see the plate? Is it close enough for you to read the plate? And do you have something to write down the plate number on so you won't forget it?

I have a camera on my phone, but it takes a solid ten seconds for it to open and then it won't take a clear picture from more than 20 feet. By the time I get it out, the vehicle would likely be gone. On top of that, if I really thought it was suspicious, I'd hesitate about going close enough to get a picture.

I guess the same goes for eyewitness descriptions - by the time the eyewitness realizes there is suspicious activity taking place, the vehicle is gone and no one has time to get a plate number.:banghead:

But I still think trying to snap a quick picture of the vehicle, even as it is driving away, might provide some help to LE. JMO. I might not catch the plate number, but I would at least be able to provide them with info about the vehicle.

Yikes. Davenport is my hometown.

I guess the same goes for eyewitness descriptions - by the time the eyewitness realizes there is suspicious activity taking place, the vehicle is gone and no one has time to get a plate number.:banghead:

But I still think trying to snap a quick picture of the vehicle, even as it is driving away, might provide some help to LE. JMO. I might not catch the plate number, but I would at least be able to provide them with info about the vehicle.

Yeah, if I saw a vehicle I thought was involved in a crime, I'd try to get a picture. I'm just not surprised that they might not have had any useful information from the reports.

But most likely nobody thought of it at the time. A white van parked on the street in this neighborhood during the day is practically a daily occurrence. I notice them enough that if the police came to my door saying the neighbor's kid had disappeared, I would mention a van in front of their house, and if it had a company name on it I might remember that too. Plate number? Not likely.

Yeah, if I saw a vehicle I thought was involved in a crime, I'd try to get a picture. I'm just not surprised that they might not have had any useful information from the reports.

But most likely nobody thought of it at the time. A white van parked on the street in this neighborhood during the day is practically a daily occurrence. I notice them enough that if the police came to my door saying the neighbor's kid had disappeared, I would mention a van in front of their house, and if it had a company name on it I might remember that too. Plate number? Not likely.

Agreed... there are several white vans and SUVs in my neighborhood regularly, too. If I start really paying attention, I see a dozen of them during a 1 or 2 mile trip to the store. They're everywhere.

While I wish more people would take a picture or get a plate # as well, I can think of a lot of reasons they wouldn't. It's not always safe, especially if you're driving. Also if you think the person in the vehicle is truly dangerous you probably don't want them to see you doing that. IMO and maybe it's just me, but if I see something suspicious going on right at that moment my first thoughts are 1. protect/help the person if possible, 2. try to remember some info while getting far enough away to be safe, and 3. call the police. If I saw someone get grabbed and taken I think I'd follow, but if the person got away I think I'd be more focused on making sure they were ok. I like to think I'd be some perfect eye witness, but realistically I know there would be so many distractions.

Hopefully, now that the word is out, the community will be alert and gather this information. Although, if Mr. Weirdo knows he is being watched, he may move to another area and/or community. We need more commercials on TV advising the public of things to BOLO (be on look out) and what to do with a suspicious person/vehicle.

Marilyn, you are so correct about many people having cell phones and they need to take photos. Besides, the photo includes the GPS and that could be very helpful, one just never knows.

I would hate it if the suspicious vehicle had your daughter in it, and I was afraid to snap a photo ... My ex told me when he was a cop in Chicago, that all efforts were made to stop a suspicious vehicle because there is a probability that a kidnapped person may be in the vehicle.

I have phoned the police just to check out someone. Even if that someone is innocent, they are then re-assured that there is a law enforcement (LE) presence in the area. Personally, I would like to see more LE patrolling schools, bus stops, and where children frequent.

Yikes. Davenport is my hometown.

Troy: please keep your ears/eyes open for any detail ... especially if it is an older, boxy, suv-type vehicle - white in color.

Prior to L&L, Evansdale was considered a safe area. So was Dayton. So was all the rural communities.

Hopefully, now that the word is out, the community will be alert and gather this information. Although, if Mr. Weirdo knows he is being watched, he may move to another area and/or community. We need more commercials on TV advising the public of things to BOLO (be on look out) and what to do with a suspicious person/vehicle.

Marilyn, you are so correct about many people having cell phones and they need to take photos. Besides, the photo includes the GPS and that could be very helpful, one just never knows.

I would hate it if the suspicious vehicle had your daughter in it, and I was afraid to snap a photo ... My ex told me when he was a cop in Chicago, that all efforts were made to stop a suspicious vehicle because there is a probability that a kidnapped person may be in the vehicle.

I have phoned the police just to check out someone. Even if that someone is innocent, they are then re-assured that there is a law enforcement (LE) presence in the area. Personally, I would like to see more LE patrolling schools, bus stops, and where children frequent.

BBM, I have to say I'm super impressed with our town. There is a police presence at the school during drop off & pick up times, they also heavily patrol the streets and ticket speeders through the school zones, they also have a few officers that volunteer at the schools and several of the cops have kids that are in school. We live 4 blocks from the school and I can't remember the last time I saw less than 2 cops on the way there.

:dramaqueen:
I think its wrong to expect to be kept abreast of a complicated and confidential investigation.

Some think it's OKAY to expect LE to keep the general public, especially locals, abreast of information during an investigation. Doesn't mean people expect LE to reveal every detail.. that's ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99