IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

That was a good article, some of the other cold cases mentioned were interesting too.

From the link

"Gonzalez said it ultimately all comes down to having an eye on those old cases. If no one is reviewing the case, chances are new leads aren’t going to surface.

“That part to me is the most important part,” he said. “Without somebody looking at that case ..., how do you know if there’s not a piece of evidence there?”

In Evansdale, Police Chief Smock said he remained confident that an arrest will be made in the disappearance and deaths of Lyric and Elizabeth.

“We’re waiting for one piece of information to come in that will tie everything together,” he said. “That just hasn’t come in yet".

Read more at http://thegazette.com/subject/news/turning-up-the-heat-on-cold-cases-20140906#E3X1ke2gPgMODtGA.99

Bumping the girls up!

One thing I had noticed but hasn't been discussed was this point on the Suspect Information tab:

http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html

The offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake/Angels Park in Evansdale and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County. The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others.

Does anyone else believe this eludes to evidence proving the killings were actually committed AT SEVEN BRIDGES? I know we've gone round and round with the possibilities of whether the girls were killed prior to being placed at the park - but this almost suggests that that the crimes were committed right there at the park.

Thoughts?

Uh...yeah, it kind of does sound like that.

Bumping the girls up!

One thing I had noticed but hasn't been discussed was this point on the Suspect Information tab:

The offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake/Angels Park in Evansdale and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County. The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others.

Does anyone else believe this eludes to evidence proving the killings were actually committed AT SEVEN BRIDGES? I know we've gone round and round with the possibilities of whether the girls were killed prior to being placed at the park - but this almost suggests that that the crimes were committed right there at the park.

Thoughts?

Great catch! And thanks for trying to keep the discussion going.

O/T .... sorta

Oelwein's former mayor pleads not guilty to charges
LEE HERMISTON KCRG/The Gazette and Courier Staff
OELWEIN | Jason Manus, the former Oelwein mayor accused of abusing two underage girls four years ago, pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Fayette County.
September 17, 2014 5:15 pm

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/

Bumping the girls up!

Thoughts?

yes. This has always been my gut feeling. The girls were picked up at the park in Evansdale, driven straight to Seven Bridges, and executed. After the initial pickup they only lived another hour. The goal was to silence them. There was no sex crime. They were killed to hurt people who loved them, and to make sure they didn't talk about things they knew/had seen.

yes. This has always been my gut feeling. The girls were picked up at the park in Evansdale, driven straight to Seven Bridges, and executed. After the initial pickup they only lived another hour. The goal was to silence them. There was no sex crime. They were killed to hurt people who loved them, and to make sure they didn't talk about things they knew/had seen.

I'm thanking you for your post because I do appreciate seeing someone else's theory on what may have happened, especially when it makes sense, but I don't agree with it in this case.

I believe it was sexual in nature with murder afterwards, possibly all committed at Seven Bridges. When I read those same words that were highlighted, I notice that the word crimes is plural which would suggest that more than one crime occurred. He could have meant that the girls were killed as two separate crimes of murder but wouldn't he have just said " to commit the crime of murdering the girls"?

Learning how MJK committed his crimes on Kathlynn Shepard and her friend makes me believe the same sort of thing happened with these two girls. A friendly banter to engage the girls, a ruse to get them close and he had them both. Zip tie them up and take them to Seven Bridges where he raped and murdered each girl in turn. This could account for the girls not being placed together.

It's been a while since anyone looked at the Case Archive for Elizabeth and Lyric.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...ns - Lyric Cook-Morrissey -IA-?sort=6&page=1

I hope to someday be able to add the "Justice" sub-section.
It's such a wonderful thing, and thank-you so much for doing it, and all the others. Extremely helpful.

I find it somewhat painful to look at and a reminder that the Black and White has not indicated who murdered those girls.

It gets in head terribly bad.

WHO murdered those 2 little girls? WHO, Why and Where?

[emoji35]

It takes a certain kind of perp to abduct and kill two little girls.
Sure the family may have known some drug-dealing criminal types, but they do not usually target the kids.
Bike gangs, mafia ect. might kill each other, but do not seem to target the children , imo.
The perp who did this is either living in a state of he.. and fear,
or feeling powerful for getting what they wanted ,two innocent children!
Plus, upsetting at great cost, financial and otherwise an entire community and country!
Maybe perp is feeling pretty darn good about himself right now and planning a whole new exciting life ...

Isn't it crazy?? You know what's really scary? White van and a guy with a ski mask. So stereotypical. I hope they get this quick before he's successful.

Now they're saying that the one with the dog may be a false report. They checked surveillance video and found nothing. And why would you allow a child that small to be a block ahead? Attempted abduction aside, I'd be worried she's go into the street!

It's something people do in low-traffic areas. See it all the time int he corner of the town where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.