IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so scary! I live in Iowa and for years now we are getting regular abduction attempt reports. Sometimes, they are false or just a matter of hyper vigilance, but two of these seem very credible. Why, with two failed attempts aren't these guys able to be tracked down or caught? I mean I just find that so weird. A rusty white van and two guys in a ski mask. The girls who were approached would know if they are white or black, tall or short, skinny or fat. Put all that on the news, you know? I want to drive over there to the area and search for every rusty white van and take pictures with addresses and get the police to follow up on each one, even if it's hundreds in the area. Someone has to know who these creepers are! JMO

Now they're saying that the one with the dog may be a false report. They checked surveillance video and found nothing. And why would you allow a child that small to be a block ahead? Attempted abduction aside, I'd be worried she's go into the street!

I was wondering how he managed to get away from a pit bull with only one bite! It's unfortunate that people have to do things like this, and redirect LE's attention from an actual attempted abduction.

Bumping
Today is Lyric's birthday. I hope these girls can actually rest in peace soon knowing their killer (s) have been found.

RIP Beautiful angels PERFECT 4 LYRIC Elizabeth.jpg
Lyric is celebrating a heavenly birthday .... she mattered!

Lord, please help us locate the person (s) responsible for this tragedy.

Will there ever be an arrest in this case? Thinking of Lyric and Elizabeth.

Lyric and Elizabeth's shining, happy faces will not be forgotten.
Wonder if the cold, soul responsible, is feeling any remorse, do they sleep well or are they feeling haunted ?

Every time I read about a new serial killer being found, I immediately check to see if it was feasible for that person to have traveled to Evansdale.
It was five hours away - going straight west from Gary on I-20 until exiting to Cedar Rapids/Waterloo - so it could be possible.

According to this article, it appeared that he was a convicted sex offender and traveled around from IN to TX and a number of other states.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/3-Women-Found-Dead-in-Gary-Ind-279708142.html#ixzz3Gh5cjZV9
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

From what has been released so far his victims are adults, I don't know how that works and if a child would be his victim type.

Thanks for the info.
The dates knocks him out of this case.
I guess I'm back to waiting again.
That's about all that can be done with no new information.

This time of year makes me think about the girls. First school starts, then Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. They should not be missing out on all of these things, and it makes me both angry and sad. I am glad we haven't forgotten them, and that there are so many of us who are hoping the day will come when arrests are made.

After all this time, I still can't decide if TG (the biker) really saw the girls' bikes on the trail on July 13th. I don't think he was lying but I do think he was off on the date and/or time. JMO

If he's right, then several other reports are wrong and the whole timeline is skewed. Or screwed, as the case may be. LE doesn't seem to have taken him seriously.

In retrospect, that cctv video of the girls riding their bikes , is haunting..

If he's right, then several other reports are wrong and the whole timeline is skewed. Or screwed, as the case may be. LE doesn't seem to have taken him seriously.
I agree, which is why I tend to think he was wrong. And as you said, LE never seemed to take him seriously.

It is haunting. Does it seem to you the girls appeared to be riding very fast? I wonder if they were in a hurry to meet someone before they had to be back home. Or maybe they were just racing each other. In any event, it's sad to see them knowing what fate awaits them a short time later.

Especially where there may or may not be a person in the background moving - in a couple of spots actually. Those moving shadows in the background haunt me to this day.

It is haunting. Does it seem to you the girls appeared to be riding very fast? I wonder if they were in a hurry to meet someone before they had to be back home. Or maybe they were just racing each other. In any event, it's sad to see them knowing what fate awaits them a short time later.

FWIW I never really bought into them "riding very fast." I thought they were riding at fairly normal speed and then it got interpreted later as "very fast." I agree though, heartbreaking to know what happened to them later, so soon after that was recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.