IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I actually had the same thought days ago and posted this also.
Just watching the news link above, I have to listen again; but I swear it said LE had evidence that the girls are alive.
:please:

The link CoachSue just posted with Drew and Heather Collins began with the news anchor stating that LE has evidence that the girls are alive; however, this does not seem to be a direct quote from LE.

Respectfully, then how do you explain the fact the kids were off riding bikes when they went missing? I think a reasonable adult would wait til the kids got home, and stash the bikes in the garage before leaving, rather than abandoning the bikes on a trail somewhere!! If this were the case, the parents would have known the kids were off with a family member or friend, and wouldn't have reported them missing! And if the kids thought they were going on a fun trip with someone, why would THEY agree to leave their bikes, purse and cell phone by a lake where anyone could take them? That doesn't make sense to me.

Going out on a limb here, but I'm assuming if this is the case, the bikes, purses and phone could've been left to make it look like an abduction. And the girls may have thought whoever picked them up had their possessions, not realizing they'd be left behind.

The link CoachSue just posted with Drew and Heather Collins began with the news anchor stating that LE has evidence that the girls are alive; however, this does not seem to be a direct quote from LE.

yes, I listened to that again. You are correct.

I think these girls are nearby, Cedar Falls area. Has anyone checked the UNI campus for males in their early twenties acting suspicious? Lots of students there live off campus. Plenty of opportunity to bring girls there and hide them. That sort of perp could fit in this scenerio. It's a big biking community... Could have driven by on bike, seen the girls alone... Opportunity, so on. If perp was young, it would have seemed a less threatening situation to these relatively streetwise girls.

I am praying that this abduction is 'friendly' for a hoax or another reason.
Praying the girls are at Disney or somewhere and will come home safe!
Maybe I'm in a dream world, I sincerely hope so.

Just a thought ... I just saw that there is a $50,000 reward for information. People that are caught up in drug abuse certainly would see this as a substantial amount of money and certainly would think about giving information.

Welcome to WS, georgiaps! And welcome again to all of our new members!

:welcome:

What is everyone's opinion of the presser being held on a Sunday? Is this unusual?

I hope they are remembering the case of Brittany Smith in VA and are doing it for constant exposure. VA LE and the FBI had pressers everyday....and BS was found by a San Fran viewer on NG in little over a week, iirc.

BBM I actually had the same thought days ago and posted this also.
Just watching the news link above, I have to listen again; but I swear it said LE had evidence that the girls are alive.
:please:

on my posts from last night states 'fox news chicago' reported they had STRONG evidence that the girls were alive and abducted.

here's my post from last night:

fbi is talking to "persons of interest"
reporter:
"fbi spokesperson says they have evidence that leads them to strongly believe the missing cousins were abducted and are still alive but they won't say what that evidence is. 10 year old LCM and 8 year old EC disappeared a week ago from waterloo. Meantime, lyrics mother says police are trying to force her to admit that she and her husband are responsible for their daughters disappearance."

fox news at 9--chicago

Just a thought ... I just saw that there is a $50,000 reward for information. People that are caught up in drug abuse certainly would see this as a substantial amount of money and certainly would think about giving information.

I was just watching one of those Police Women of xxxx County shows and they were doing an investigation of a shooting in a known meth community. Something one of the officers said stuck out to me and immediately made me think of this case, "this is a small meth community. People are quick to start ratting others out, especially if a reward is involved." so, hopefully, someone starts talking, SOON. :please:

That time element is only relevant if you believe the bike guy...just sayin'.

Sure a possibility, but I haven't heard anything to suggest he is a unreliable witness.

The same could be argued of the camera footage. Someone here (can't remember who, sorry) stated that it was so grainy you couldn't make anything out.

If it isn't them on the camera footage, they could have set off minutes or more earlier IMO.

Sunlight said:
The bikes were not discussed in the phone call that this timing is based on, as far as I can tell

Interesting. My understanding is that this witness called at 12:27 from a garage? If the call was made on a mobile he'd have a call log stating time/date. I'd imagine he'd know how long it took him to get to the garage from where the bikes were?

Sorry if I have something wrong here. I looked for a timeline thread and can't find one.

Slightly O/T: I googled energy drinks and meth addicts and was intrigued by a couple of articles referring to energy drinks as "meth in a can".

Here's a link to one:

http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/CFJ_Graves_MethInACan.pdf

http://journal.crossfit.com/2008/11/meth-in-a-can.tpl
your link didn't work for me so I googled myself.
Oh my, I'm glad we never drank that stuff.
My husband had read about the energy drinks being bad for kids a couple years ago, but he said their teeth would go rotten.
Why is this junk sold???:banghead:
Can any age buy this?
I see it in stores allot.
called Monster drink???

Let's hope someone talks and gives info now.
esp. people that need money! (drug community?):what:

I don't understand all of the suspicions about this witness seeing the bikes at 12:27. Do people think he kidnapped two little girls, and then a couple of hours later, he went to the police station to report seeing their bikes? Why would the perp do that?

Respectfully, then how do you explain the fact the kids were off riding bikes when they went missing? I think a reasonable adult would wait til the kids got home, and stash the bikes in the garage before leaving, rather than abandoning the bikes on a trail somewhere!! If this were the case, the parents would have known the kids were off with a family member or friend, and wouldn't have reported them missing! And if the kids thought they were going on a fun trip with someone, why would THEY agree to leave their bikes, purse and cell phone by a lake where anyone could take them? That doesn't make sense to me.

That's easy, I am not talking about "reasonable adults". I am talking about adults who, perhaps, come up with a scheme and stage an abduction, either for monetary gain or some sick way of getting attention. Most often, when someone tells a lie, the story they have come up with includes details that aren't needed, or details that are exaggerated. Bikes laying in a bike path, a purse on the other side of the fence, a voice mail that is discovered a week after a child goes missing COULD all be completely staged to appear as though an abduction happened. I don't think the girls left the bikes on that path, I think they rode them to another location, left them there, and went on a last minute trip with someone close to them. If they are camping somewhere, then that would ensure they would come across very few people, and they probably wouldn't have access to electronic or printed media. As for the purse, I would think that a 10 year old just has a purse to "have one", but it wouldn't be needed to carry ID or money necessarily, so it probably could be left behind without much thought, if it even was carried at all on that bike ride in the first place.

Like I said, this is solely a theory of mine, and in light of the last presser may not be completely out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke