IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for my last post. I started to reply to a post, then realized I had the wrong post but I guess I didn't exit out all the way before replying.

Anyway...I was trying to comment on the person that wondered if the Delphi and Evansdale killings are not related, could the Delphi killer have been following and/or copying the Evansdale killings.

This was my post:

I remember when the Delphi murders first occurred and people were looking to see if there may be a link to the Evansdale murders. There was a lot of great input on the Delphi thread (I hadn't been following the Evansdale thread at that point) from sleuthers who looked at similarities and differences.

The "date" issue always struck me as odd - 7-13-12 & 2-13-17. With there being similarities and differences - not to mention the distance between Evansdale and Delph - it makes me think you may be correct in thinking that the Delphi killer followed the Evansdale case and "copied" it to a degree. The Delphi killer may have picked the date to "send a message" or in some way honor or pay tribute to the Evansdale killer - just like some school shooters pick dates that have relevance to Columbine.

One of the other things that always nagged at me was that both towns have pig slaughterhouses in close proximity and it always made me wonder if the killer could be someone that worked in Evansdale and then transferred to Delphi or that may have traveled between to the two areas for business related to the slaughterhouses.

Is there a connection between the Evansdale, Iowa murder case and the Delphi, Indiana murder case? It is very hard to come to that conclusion. If we assume for a second that there could be a connection a few interesting thoughts present themselves for consideration.

1. There is almost a 4 1/2 year gap between the two crimes. The individual seems to have learned a least a little patience. I think this suggests an older person and a profession that teaches you patience.

2. Being an older individual, I think their connection to both areas would go beyond just a factory job. To move and travel 400 miles to work in another meat factory is a little odd to me. These jobs are not high end jobs.

3. That is a good point about how the killer may have learned from his previous crime, Evansdale, Iowa. One thing I have read about this Iowa case is how police insist that the crime was not committed by a transient, or someone just passing through. It has to be someone local to the area. At least in Evansdale, Iowa you can understand how someone may have had a car parked nearby.

In Delphi, Indiana case one of the most perplexing issues relates to the following question: Where did the killer park their vehicle? Police are currently seeking information about a car that may have been parked near some old building off a road near the trail. So because of the whole parking situation, it seems even more likely that the Delphi case has to be someone who is local to the area.

Just like I should probably not conclude that the two cases are connected without more information, I think it is wrong to conclude the killer in Delphi has to be someone local to the area. This man may have learned from Evansdale, Iowa that the more remote the area with even less parking would make it even more likely for police to conclude the killer is a local. This is in addition to moving farther away from his home base area, which based on this theory would be closer to Iowa.

And all of these loose conclusions are based on if the crimes were committed by a truck driver and if the two crimes are related. And there is no proof to suggest either of those theories is correct.

My heart goes out to Elizabeth and Lyric's families.

Hoping and praying that this case eventually does get solved.

I read the following article, especially noting how L.E. consider these double abductions "rare". Makes me wonder how "rare" they are.

I don't think the L.E. can dismiss Jeff Lee Altmayer as a viable suspect.

"Authorities have declined to comment on any investigation into possible links between
Jeff Lee Altmayer and the disappearance and deaths of cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins."

"In the past, authorities have commented about the
rarity of double abductions when talking about the cousins case, and Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson said he found “interesting” the fact at least one of Altmayer’s crimes involve approaching a pair of girls at the same time."

Does Altmayer arrest have any connection to missing cousins case?

Last edited:
Am I allowed to post a tip that I called in?

Please never do that for any case this is a public forum and a perpetrator of a crime could be reading here. I am sure you can appreciate we never want to give them forewarning of tips being called in. Thank you for taking the time to call in your tip and please know it is always much appreciated.

Please never do that for any case this is a public forum and a perpetrator of a crime could be reading here. I am sure you can appreciate we never want to give them forewarning of tips being called in. Thank you for taking the time to call in your tip and please know it is always much appreciated.

Not to mention that you could put yourself in danger.

I think this is what I was thinking of. Not sure it's really close or just two similar young guys from the same general gene pool.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 8.51.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 8.51.38 PM.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Patrick Richard Burt.png
    Patrick Richard Burt.png
    269.4 KB · Views: 44
I think this is what I was thinking of. Not sure it's really close or just two similar young guys from the same general gene pool.

Oh wow, the similarities between his mug and BG sketch, the hair is throwing me off with the comparisons though. Never heard of this guy till today. IMO

Also, if he was captured by DNA do think that in either L&L or A&L cases a match would have been made already or does it match one person at a time?? I honestly don’t know how that works.

Patrick Richard Burt

UPDATE: Bond set at $1.5 M in 2015 trail attack

Formerly lived in Waterloo and Cedar Falls, sounds like his parents live in Cedar Falls. If my arithmetic's right, he would have been 17 in 2012.

I've seen that mug shot somewhere before.

I missed that this was from April--it showed up as a recent article in my news feed. So did he post the $1.5 million? Was there a court appearance? WTF?

This picture gave me chills. Then I realized I went to high school with Patrick's sister and may have known him at one point. I was in classes with his sister, and I remember her brother being around. I thought he was older, but it's possible he was younger. We graduated in 2010. I often saw the family at the Fareway in Evansdale, so he would be familiar with the area.

Last edited:
This picture gave me chills. Then I realized I went to high school with Patrick's sister and may have known him at one point. I was in classes with his sister, and I remember her brother being around. I thought he was older, but it's possible he was younger. We graduated in 2010. I often saw the family at the Fareway in Evansdale, so he would be familiar with the area.

Do you remember anything about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member