IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard the claim about the prior near abduction made on a Websleuths thread before but the poster in that case never answered where they learned this information. Do you have a link to it? Hopefully from mainstream media? Because if it's true it makes a huge difference for the victimology in this case on multiple levels.

I will see if I can find the link to the article and post it

I've heard the claim about the prior near abduction made on a Websleuths thread before but the poster in that case never answered where they learned this information. Do you have a link to it? Hopefully from mainstream media? Because if it's true it makes a huge difference for the victimology in this case on multiple levels.

Specter of abduction robs Iowa town of peace

I found this so far where it states she threatened to run away. Not the same I know. I have so much information I really need to get it organized.

It’s been over 8 years now since these girls have went missing and quickly approaching the anniversary of when they were found at 7-bridges.

Here are a few things I’ve found with this case that raise some serious questions about the confirmed times that we know to be facts surrounding TG (the guy who found the bikes).

• the girls were last seen by a security camera around 12:20ish at the bank located 1 building to the north of Fareway on Evans road heading towards the direction of Meyers Lake

• he made a phone call to his daughter at 12:27 saying “he had to swerve to miss the bikes” and found that strange as there were no signs of children. He also mentioned there was supposedly two men fishing in a paddle boat on the lake (whom have still to this day never been identified).
~This phone call to the daughter only came to light after his daughter provided that information to the Waterloo Courier later that day after a search party had already been looking for them. My question is why he didn’t provide that info after he heard there were two girls missing.

• the time stamps on these surveillance videos, to me, doesn’t add up with the time of the phone call he made to his daughters. Those girls would’ve had to of been hauling *advertiser censored* to get by the lake in that short period of time. Not only that within those 7 minutes I find it hard to believe that he didn’t see someone putting them there etc.

• TG lived less than a mile from the bike trail and despite the fact that he had a back surgery not to long prior to all of this, he for some reason loaded his bike into the back of his white pickup with a topper on it to get to the bike trail (which could ultimately jeopardize his recovering as he shouldn’t lift even a bicycle)

• after the surveillance videos surfaced he lawyered up and hasn’t said **** since.

•not to long after all of this happened, one of his out building on his property randomly burned to the ground as well.
——
On a side note, I ran across a YouTube video posted July 9, 2012 from the skatepark in evansdale by Isiah Allen. This is literally on the side of the bike trail. From the info I’ve gathered he frequently went there with his friends. This kid is now an adult, why have they not talked to him to see if he actually saw anything that day.

As far as I know, the girls were last seen on surveillance video located at the back of what was then Cornbelt Auctions. The time stamp on the video was 12:11 pm on 13 July 2012. According to Joe Pahl, manager of Cornbelt Auctions, the time stamp was 8 minutes slow which would make the actual time seen on video as 12:19 pm (if we presume Mr. Pahl was correct). I am not aware of (or might have forgotten) anything in msn about the girls being seen "around 12:20ish at the bank located 1 building to the north of Fareway on Evans road heading towards the direction of Meyers Lake". Do you have a link for this information?

If you look back at threads 25 and 26 you will find posts by SierraShelby, a verified insider in this case who claimed to be TG. You should also find posts by another verified insider, Skylar, who claimed to be TG's daughter. That might answer some of your questions (or raise more). As a side note, I believe he had knee surgery not back surgery and he claimed he rode his bicycle on the trail from his home near Gilbertville as exercise. I'm not aware that he "lawyered up" but it's possible.

Do you have inside information?

Surveillance video may be last known sighting of missing girls

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/84246761/

Skylar

Last edited:
Does anyone think that the Dayton, Iowa case where two girls were abducted less than a year after this abduction is related in any way? I know that the person responsible for that took his own life after but could he have any connection to these girls or has that been ruled out at this point? I just found it odd that there would be two different people kidnapping young girls in pairs so close together.

If I remember correctly, investigators are certain they are in no way connected bc they had hard facts of that guys whereabouts the day Elizabeth and lyric went missing.

it does make a huge difference and ironically a lot of the old good articles mysteriously vanish from the web

it does make a huge difference and ironically a lot of the old good articles mysteriously vanish from the web

Do you have any insight as to why she'd be allowed to go ride bikes out of adult sight/supervision if an abduction had nearly occurred a week prior?

I can only speak as a parent myself but if my child was nearly abducted I'd be driving them to supervised playdates until they were in college. Only partly kidding!!!

It’s been over 8 years now since these girls have went missing and quickly approaching the anniversary of when they were found at 7-bridges.

Here are a few things I’ve found with this case that raise some serious questions about the confirmed times that we know to be facts surrounding TG (the guy who found the bikes).

• the girls were last seen by a security camera around 12:20ish at the bank located 1 building to the north of Fareway on Evans road heading towards the direction of Meyers Lake

• he made a phone call to his daughter at 12:27 saying “he had to swerve to miss the bikes” and found that strange as there were no signs of children. He also mentioned there was supposedly two men fishing in a paddle boat on the lake (whom have still to this day never been identified).
~This phone call to the daughter only came to light after his daughter provided that information to the Waterloo Courier later that day after a search party had already been looking for them. My question is why he didn’t provide that info after he heard there were two girls missing.

• the time stamps on these surveillance videos, to me, doesn’t add up with the time of the phone call he made to his daughters. Those girls would’ve had to of been hauling *advertiser censored* to get by the lake in that short period of time. Not only that within those 7 minutes I find it hard to believe that he didn’t see someone putting them there etc.

• TG lived less than a mile from the bike trail and despite the fact that he had a back surgery not to long prior to all of this, he for some reason loaded his bike into the back of his white pickup with a topper on it to get to the bike trail (which could ultimately jeopardize his recovering as he shouldn’t lift even a bicycle)

• after the surveillance videos surfaced he lawyered up and hasn’t said **** since.

•not to long after all of this happened, one of his out building on his property randomly burned to the ground as well.
——
On a side note, I ran across a YouTube video posted July 9, 2012 from the skatepark in evansdale by Isiah Allen. This is literally on the side of the bike trail. From the info I’ve gathered he frequently went there with his friends. This kid is now an adult, why have they not talked to him to see if he actually saw anything that day.

Regarding the paddle boat... The people who lived at 1210 Evans in the 80’s/90’s had a paddle boat and a dock on the lake. I believe it stayed with the house when they sold it, in the early 2000’s. The house is situated in that bend where the trail and the lake meet up on the side where the bikes were found. I’m attaching a few photos for reference. I don’t know if I’m just seeing what I want to see, but on the satellite version of the Google Maps snippet, it even looks like there’s still a paddleboat there.

Another thing- I don’t know if paddle boats are the kind of thing that you load up on a trailer and drag around. They’re kind of heavy and cumbersome. I think they’re something that people who already live on the water are likely to have. They’re kind of a novelty. You get a few feet offshore and you’re exhausted, only to look back and see that you haven’t gone very far. I don’t know what any of this means, other than to say that the fishermen in the paddleboat thing only made sense to me if they lived on the lake. And if that were the case, you would think the other neighbors would have been quick to identify them.

63E2F394-7843-417F-B85B-F353EBF58D9D.jpeg B9C72E93-74EC-4939-829A-F4B9E5D1A026.jpeg

I had an email this morning from Vinelink. Daniel Morrissey, Lyric's dad is out of prison.

11/17/2020

This e-mail is to inform you that there has been a change in the custody status of the offender Daniel Morrissey. This offender is being supervised by community-based corrections while on probation or parole. This change took place on 11/17/2020.

His mandatory minimum was up on 11/10/20. Hope this isn't a duplicate.

I had an email this morning from Vinelink. Daniel Morrissey, Lyric's dad is out of prison.

11/17/2020

This e-mail is to inform you that there has been a change in the custody status of the offender Daniel Morrissey. This offender is being supervised by community-based corrections while on probation or parole. This change took place on 11/17/2020.

His mandatory minimum was up on 11/10/20. Hope this isn't a duplicate.

For some reason I thought his mandatory was thirty years?

Can the veterans that have been here since the beginning, give me a summary on the investigation into the RSO's? I know there were many, I have looked at Hollye's map.

How thorough and extensive was the review of RSO's?

Was DNA ever found at the recovery site?

A determination of sexual assault or rumours?

Can anyone with knowledge of the time spent at George Wyth Lake area re-hash again here?

Thank-you,
WG

Can the veterans that have been here since the beginning, give me a summary on the investigation into the RSO's? I know there were many, I have looked at Hollye's map.

Can anyone with knowledge of the time spent at George Wyth Lake area re-hash again here?

Thank-you,
WG
I don't know how carefully registered sex offenders were investigated.

I do know that no DNA was found at the crime scene. Too much time had passed before the remains were discovered for there to have been any DNA.

Thank-you,
WG

I do know that no DNA was found at the crime scene. Too much time had passed before the remains were discovered for there to have been any DNA.

Piggy Backing on Ozoner's post: LE has never released any info (that I am aware of) concerning whether or not the girls were sexually assaulted. I will add that statistics show most of the time when a stranger abducts a child, the crime is sexually motivated. I know LE indicated they contacted the local RSOs. I don't believe any of them have been named a suspect or POI. So, any one of them may or may not be the perp here.

Not trying to be argumentative, this is a genuine question....where did you see that no DNA was found at the scene? I was always under the impression that investigators had never revealed whether or not they recovered DNA in this case. If they truly have none to work with, it might mean that the remains of the girls were found without clothing, as clothing - even if exposed to the elements for that long - still has a chance to retain it.

This article, published when investigators were examining a potential link between the murderer/rapist Michael Klunder and the Evansdale victims touches on the DNA issue: Investigators hope to decide next week whether Klunder involved in Evansdale murders

In this article, it states that authorities had declined to discuss whether or not they have DNA; however some quotes from investigators provided here seem to indicate that they have something. One of the ways they eventually eliminated Michael Klunder was through forensic characteristics (perhaps not limited to DNA, however).

With regard to sex offenders, it is said in several articles that at least 300 registered sex offenders had been questioned about the Evansdale murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member