IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I listened to the new FindJodi podcast the other day, which includes interviews with the lead investigator in the Michelle Martinko case. Until I listened to the podcast, I was pretty confused on why Burns would randomly bring up Jodi in the interview. After listening to the podcast, it makes more sense. Michelle was attacked at random in a public mall parking lot, whereas Jodi's attack was planned and targeted as most perps won't simply pick a random apartment complex hoping that a young pretty blonde will come in the wee hours of the morning.

Detective Denlinger said his gut feeling was Burns was *not* involved in Jodi’s disappearance and that his mention of Jodi was probably just “nervous banter.”

While there are some similarities in the cases, there are also several differences.

For one, Jodi is still missing while Michelle’s body was left in her car.

Denlinger also points out that Michelle was the victim of a random attack, while Jodi appeared to be targeted, given the circumstances of Jodi’s abduction in the parking lot outside her apartment building.

Podcast 008: Detective in Michelle Martinko investigation doubts a connection to Jodi Huisentruit case • Find Jodi Huisentruit

How do you know that BP was pointing out meth dealers to JH and she was gathering secret info on the meth ring? It's not the first time we've heard that, but it's never been confirmed so we don't know if it's actually true.
Jodi was not an investigative reporter, so there is basically zero chance that that story is true.

January 01, 2021
Vandalized Huisentruit billboard still unsolved
Vandalized_Huisentruit_billboard_still_unsolved-syndImport-101657.jpg

''ABC 6 News spoke with Scott Fuller, a member of the group called Find Jodi, who says no one has been arrested for vandalizing the billboard or in the missing persons case.

"We got a lot of tips about the virbage that was on the the billboard and why and who might be and what the reason for a connection to the case might be with the vandalization, but it didn't really lead anywhere on our end but it did reinvigorate the case," says Scott Fuller, Find Jodi. "It was frustrating not to hear anything or to see anybody eventually arrested for that vandalization."

''He also called the billboard vandalism curious, because the message was so specific and appeared to possibly point to someone in the police department.''

Jodi was not an investigative reporter, so there is basically zero chance that that story is true.

Jodi was in a starter television market. In starter markets in the 90s, no one was an "investigative reporter" because there weren't enough stories to "investigate" that would necessitate one person doing it full time. Instead, everyone served as general assignment, investigative, consumer, and political reporters. They found their own leads/sources with the help of an assignment editor if they were lucky. That's how it worked (and in some starter markets, that's how it still works to this day).

Jodi was in a starter television market. In starter markets in the 90s, no one was an "investigative reporter" because there weren't enough stories to "investigate" that would necessitate one person doing it full time. Instead, everyone served as general assignment, investigative, consumer, and political reporters. They found their own leads/sources with the help of an assignment editor if they were lucky. That's how it worked (and in some starter markets, that's how it still works to this day).
Jodi did not do any investigate work. She was an anchor only. The station may not have had a dedicated investigative reporter, but Jodi was not one of the people doing that kind of work. The meth angle has no merit.

Jodi did not do any investigate work. She was an anchor only. The station may not have had a dedicated investigative reporter, but Jodi was not one of the people doing that kind of work. The meth angle has no merit.

That's not how it works/worked. All anchors did feature stories. I'm speaking as an anchor in a starter market in the 90s myself before leaving the biz (happy to prove my identity to the moderators to confirm I'm telling the truth about that). That's why Jodi's case always resonated with me. Now I don't know if she was working on a meth story or an investigative piece, but your reasons for why she wasn't don't wash. We ALL did features about once a month or once every couple of months as anchors and most features are investigative. Being an anchor in a starter market isn't just being a news reader.

Last edited:
That's not how it works/worked. All anchors did feature stories. I'm speaking as an anchor in a starter market in the 90s myself before leaving the biz (happy to prove my identity to the moderators to confirm I'm telling the truth about that). That's why Jodi's case always resonated with me. Now I don't know if she was working on a meth story or an investigative piece, but your reasons for why she wasn't don't wash. We ALL did features about once a month or once every couple of months as anchors and most features are investigative. Being an anchor in a starter market isn't just being a news reader.
From what I've read/learned, JH didn't get into news to change the world, to right wrongs, etc. via investigative work. I'm not aware of any evidence she was investigating the meth trade. Better left to cops anyways.

Here is the tie to the meth angle and btw its been 25 years in their hands. Man some say may have knowledge about Jodi Huisentruit case facing new execution date
That story gets the facts wrong. Is says Dustin Honken was behind a big meth operation in the 70s. That is not true. Dustin Honken was born in 1968. He wasn't in charge of a big meth operation while he was in elementary school.
There is no evidence connecting him to Jodi's disappearance. Rampant speculation isn't evidence.

That story gets the facts wrong. Is says Dustin Honken was behind a big meth operation in the 70s. That is not true. Dustin Honken was born in 1968. He wasn't in charge of a big meth operation while he was in elementary school.
There is no evidence connecting him to Jodi's disappearance. Rampant speculation isn't evidence.
Circumstantial evidence can still get convictions. We've been waiting for how long and you still refuse to believe it? Tony Jackson was a POI because he lived close to KIMT. Well AR didn't live far from Jodi and his rap sheet is on the same level as Tony's. I don't want to wait any longer on this. I'm not going away just need help in sounding this out. Either you're in or out. It won't stop me. :)

Circumstantial evidence can still get convictions. We've been waiting for how long and you still refuse to believe it? Tony Jackson was a POI because he lived close to KIMT. Well AR didn't live far from Jodi and his rap sheet is on the same level as Tony's. I don't want to wait any longer on this. I'm not going away just need help in sounding this out. Either you're in or out. It won't stop me. :)
I'm all for circumstantial evidence; it's often better than direct evidence. There's no circumstantial evidence pointing to a meth connection, though. There's no evidence, period.
Tony Jackson wasn't just a suspect because he lived nearby. There's also evidence that he was stalking Jodi. He had sought her out in a local bar not long before she was abducted. Somehow he knew that she would be there, so he may have been studying her routine. He had picked up a car the day before Jodi disappeared and returned it two weeks later with 548 miles on it. He wrote rap lyrics suggesting that he had disposed of Jodi in a silo Tiffin, Iowa, and cadaver dogs alerted on the scent of human remains in a silo there. (Whatever body had been there had already been moved.)

One might not usually expect a man convicted of raping 4 females in 18 days as one who would "pray regularly" for any woman, imo, speculation.
Apr 24, 2019 rbbm.
KIMT Exclusive: Tony Jackson, person of interest in Huisentruit case, speaks from prison
"Tony Jackson wasn't originally connected to the case when Jodi went missing on her way to work at KIMT's Mason City studio in June of 1995.

But two years later, Jackson was arrested and accused of raping four women in 18 days in the Minneapolis area.

Steve Ridge, a Magid consultant, spoke to Tony at the Minnesota State Penitentiary.

“I looked Tony in the eyes and I said, ‘Tony, am I looking into the eyes of a killer?’” Ridge said. “He said, ‘No, no you aren’t.”

Jackson also denied being involved in Huisentruit’s abduction and said he prays regularly for Huisentruit and her family.''

"Jackson, a convicted rapist who is serving a life sentence, lived in Mason City at the time of Huisentruit’s disappearance. He lived just a couple blocks from the KIMT studio.''

I'm all for circumstantial evidence; it's often better than direct evidence. There's no circumstantial evidence pointing to a meth connection, though. There's no evidence, period.
Tony Jackson wasn't just a suspect because he lived nearby. There's also evidence that he was stalking Jodi. He had sought her out in a local bar not long before she was abducted. Somehow he knew that she would be there, so he may have been studying her routine. He had picked up a car the day before Jodi disappeared and returned it two weeks later with 548 miles on it. He wrote rap lyrics suggesting that he had disposed of Jodi in a silo Tiffin, Iowa, and cadaver dogs alerted on the scent of human remains in a silo there. (Whatever body had been there had already been moved.)
This video is from 2013! Surely they got around to testing the evidence. Some body was there but we would've heard that it was Jodi's. The rap song could be about another female he put there. This video says its unlikely it was him.

Here is yet another link to meth in Jodi's case by the Author of Dead Air. Why can't we explore that avenue?
“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Richard Feynman Sins of the Past: Part 1 • Find Jodi Huisentruit

That avenue IS being explored in the previous ongoing discussion. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean you need to stop the discourse. Bring your thoughts and evidence, and allow the forum to dissect the information. That’s the way it’s done here.

Someday, something is going to surface, and who knows what bit of info will shake that something loose.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles
Back