IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...di-huisentruit-missing-twenty-years/29168409/

"The FindJodi team includes former WCCO-TV reporter Caroline Lowe and retired Woodbury police Cmdr. Jay Alberio. The two met last month at Alberio's house in Woodbury to compare notes on a convicted serial rapist who's serving a life sentence in Minnesota, someone they believe should be a "person of interest" in the case. That man was 21 at the time of Huisentruit's disappearance and was living just two blocks from KIMT — a fact Lowe and Alberio say shouldn't be overlooked.

"We don't know if he is involved," Lowe said. "We, to this day, don't know, but if you think of a person living that close who is capable of very violent stuff, he had to be investigated."

Despite Lowe's and Alberio's suspicions, Mason City police say no link between the convicted rapist andHuisentruit has ever been found."

The serial rapist is Tony Dejuan Jackson.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_28345256/20-years-later-jodi-huisentruit-search-has-never

He was only 21 at the time, and I would have suspected a slightly older, more confident attacker, but despite his age he has to be considered on of the prime suspects. Since Jodi had mentioned being followed by a dark truck, I'd love to know whether Jackson had access to a vehicle like that. Saying that no connection could be found between Jackson & Jodi is sort of myopic: Jodi was on local TV. Everyone in Mason City had a connection to her.

While I lack the evidence to rule him out absolutely, I don't believe John Vansice abducted Jodi. If Jackson didn't do it, I think it was most likely a sex crime committed by someone whose name hasn't come up. There are other possibilities, including the possibly-staged-friend's-suicide angle, but the other theories, while possible, are not probable.

There's been a good deal of speculation that it might have been a stalker, but a random crime of opportunity should not be ruled out. Maybe some lowlife came into the parking lot to try to steal a radio from a car (or whatever), saw Jodi leaving, & decided he had hit the Jackpot. Grabbing Jodi in a parking lot was not the act of a patient person, so if it was a stalker, I don't think he been stalking her for very long—probably hours or days, not weeks or months.

Well these new allegations are very intriguing but if there is nothing else connecting Jackson to the abduction we may never know what happened...

Does anyone have any idea where Jodi might be found?
Will there be any new searches for her, is she likely to be near, or far from her home?
Where to begin?

Dotr it's just mind-boggling to think about. She could be anywhere. Where would they start. Will there be anything left of her, wherever she is? It's desperately sad. I feel the opportunity to find her has passed sadly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoping this is the year that finally brings answers and some closure for Jodi's family and friends.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Cold-Case-News-Anchor-Abducted-309934101.html

Wolfram co-anchored the evening newscasts. "Sometimes occasionally she would call - I mean this girl got up at 3am - and she said 'What are you doing after work?' It's like 10:30pm and I’d tell her that I’m going home and going to bed. She's say, 'Oh Robin, there's plenty of time to sleep. Life is for the living.' And she embraced every single moment."

jodi_huisentruit-300x209.jpg

Hoping this is the year that finally brings answers and some closure for Jodi's family and friends.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Cold-Case-News-Anchor-Abducted-309934101.html

City Police have interviewed hundreds of people.

Early on - they looked hard at the man who is believed to be the last known person to see Jodi Huisentruit alive.

John Van Sice was Jodi's friend. He named his boat after her. He was 20-years her senior. The night before she disappeared, they watched some of her birthday video together and then Jodi went home to her apartment and made a phone call to a girlfriend.

Reporter: "Do you think you've interviewed who did it?"
FBI: "I don't know. I don't know. I makes you wonder."

Reporter: "Do you think this is a case where you know who did it, but just can't prove it?”
Mason City Police: "I don't think so. There are so many different stories and theories and possibilities that I don't think we could ever narrow it down to who did it. Right now, it's trying to find out what happened to Jodi - where is she and work backwards from there. We never close our eyes to anyone and narrow to one suspect because there just isn't evidence to support one person."

jodi_huisentruit-300x209.jpg

Thanks for that good article.
From the link, this bit has me going around in circles thinking of who it could have been to abduct Jodi, a stranger ( to her ) or a " frenemy" ?

rbbm.

"If it was anybody but her because she was local news anchor, you could say it was a chance encounter,” said Mike Kitsmiller with the FBI. “You can't rule out the fact that someone was stalking her - just because of who she was."

"If you're a kidnapper, there are a lot of possibilities that you should have gotten caught,” said Officer Prochaska. “In an apartment complex, there are a lot of windows facing out ..what a risky place to abduct someone? So you think maybe it was someone who knew her? There again - what if it was someone who was lurking around apartments looking for prey?"

rbbm.

Dotr it's just mind-boggling to think about. She could be anywhere. Where would they start. Will there be anything left of her, wherever she is?

Yeah, there's really not much to even go on. There aren't any Doe Network unidentified cases out of IA, MN, or NE that make any sense. The closest I've found so far is this one, and again there's virtually nothing to go on:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/875ufwi.html

Wonder if a geographic profiler has been utilized in this case, not so much to guess perp location, but rather, where is he most likely to place the victim? imo.

Wonder if a geographic profiler has been utilized in this case, not so much to guess perp location, but rather, where is he most likely to place the victim? imo.

It doesn't help that Mason City is right along I35.

Does anyone have any idea where Jodi might be found?
Will there be any new searches for her, is she likely to be near, or far from her home?
Where to begin?
This video details efforts that were made to figure out where Tony Jackson may have put Jodi's body. He apparently bought a car the day before Jodi disappeared & returned it two weeks later with 548 miles on it. He later wrote a rap verse about someone "stiffin' near Tiffin," and there's suspicion that he may have disposed of Jodi's body near Tiffin, IA, which is about 160 miles from Mason City. Cadaver dogs alerted to human remains in an abandoned silo there, but there was no body, so it's thought that Jackson may have gone back later in order to retrieve the corpse and dispose of it in a permanent location.

[video=youtube;mqjHg65V5GU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqjHg65V5GU[/video]

The work those dogs do is seriously impressive. I think there was something of that search in Tiffin but it's been so long, I'm assuming nothing ever came of it?

My gosh, Nelson the dog had a $7.000.00 on him!

The work those dogs do is seriously impressive. I think there was something of that search in Tiffin but it's been so long, I'm assuming nothing ever came of it?

I don't really understand what "in a bylow low below" could mean, do you? What in the heck is a bylow? A bungalow? Some kind of silo? If he moved the body, it was to make sure it wouldn't be found, so there's no telling what he did with it. It could be buried anywhere between SE Iowa and the Twin Cities.

I don't really understand what "in a bylow low below" could mean, do you? What in the heck is a bylow? A bungalow? Some kind of silo? If he moved the body, it was to make sure it wouldn't be found, so there's no telling what he did with it. It could be buried anywhere between SE Iowa and the Twin Cities.

Random guess here, wondering if there is a mall in Tiffin?

upside - down and in lowercase , " low " is ' mol " reads as a misspelled " mall "..
As in..
By mall low below

I live down the road from Tiffin. My aunt and her family have lived outside Tiffin since the early 80s... Back when Jodi went missing, Tiffin did not have a mall. The closest mall to Tiffin would have been in downtown Iowa City. Not until the late 90s did Tiffin begin a shift from small town to commuter/bedroom community for the greater Iowa City/Coralville area.

I have no idea what it could mean. I'm glad they took it seriously enough to execute a search. The red scrap of material found is interesting too.

I live down the road from Tiffin. My aunt and her family have lived outside Tiffin since the early 80s... Back when Jodi went missing, Tiffin did not have a mall. The closest mall to Tiffin would have been in downtown Iowa City. Not until the late 90s did Tiffin begin a shift from small town to commuter/bedroom community for the greater Iowa City/Coralville area.
If there's continuing development in the area, it's possible Jodi's body could eventually be discovered inadvertently while excavation work is going on. Otherwise, I doubt the body will ever be found. If he is the one who killed Jodi, I don't think Jackson will give up the location.

just wondering, why isn't their an age progressed photo available of Jodi? even she's been missing for a long time, it's possible that she could still be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb