IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, W Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 - What happened? - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Johnny's mom still live in the same house as when he disappeared?

Bobbisangel said:
In one story the mother said that she received a phone call from Johnny in 1997 and in another she said that he came to her house in 1997. He would have been 24 yrs old by then. At 24 yrs old why couldn't they have gone to the FBI for protection and so that he could tell what had happened to him? I find it hard to believe that this boy would drop by to see his mother after 15 yrs. He couldn't stay but he wanted to fill her in about what had happened to him. Why would he still be being held at the age of 24 yrs?

Supposedly he can't go to the FBI because the government is involved in the *advertiser censored* ring/conspiracy. But I don't have much respect for a grown man who won't risk his own skin in order to save children from the same horrors - I speak not only of the adult John but also of the other 'boys' who supposedly escaped with him. But then I'm not one of those who believes 1/4 of what his mother states.

Marie said:
Supposedly he can't go to the FBI because the government is involved in the *advertiser censored* ring/conspiracy. But I don't have much respect for a grown man who won't risk his own skin in order to save children from the same horrors - I speak not only of the adult John but also of the other 'boys' who supposedly escaped with him. But then I'm not one of those who believes 1/4 of what his mother states.

No telling what psychological demons hound a man who was tortured as a boy. no telling what he can face up to. or can't.

Floh,

Seems to me they could have gone to another state instead of going to someone close to home. Every branch of LE in every state isn't crooked. I'm sure that the mother must have newspaper clippings from when Johnny was taken...proof that he had been taken when he was a child. He could tell the rest of the story if it was really him.

If he was bold enough to come to her house at 24 yrs why hasn't he kept in touch with her by cell phone or phone? Even a call every few months to let her know that he is alright. And if he came to see her why did she hire investigators to find him? Or was that only before he came to see her?

I can believe that there are people in high up places that are perverts and like little kids. I can also believe that they have hired people get the little kids for them. They are probably an organization of peds who live secret lives and no one knows it but each other. In this day and age nothing would surprise me. It's probably been going on for years and years. I've read books about stuff like that but they were fiction.

Is there a book about the "Franklin" case? Was it a true story?

Bobbisangel said:
Floh,

Seems to me they could have gone to another state instead of going to someone close to home. Every branch of LE in every state isn't crooked. I'm sure that the mother must have newspaper clippings from when Johnny was taken...proof that he had been taken when he was a child. He could tell the rest of the story if it was really him.

If he was bold enough to come to her house at 24 yrs why hasn't he kept in touch with her by cell phone or phone? Even a call every few months to let her know that he is alright. And if he came to see her why did she hire investigators to find him? Or was that only before he came to see her?

I can believe that there are people in high up places that are perverts and like little kids. I can also believe that they have hired people get the little kids for them. They are probably an organization of peds who live secret lives and no one knows it but each other. In this day and age nothing would surprise me. It's probably been going on for years and years. I've read books about stuff like that but they were fiction.

Is there a book about the "Franklin" case? Was it a true story?

If what is suggested (the abduction into a paedophile ring) happened, he's likely mentally ill.

if he risked visiting his mother, he's likely mentally ill.

mental illness often provides no logic, does it? :(

In this day and age nothing would surprise me. It's probably been going on for years and years.

i agree and i believe so. :(

Breaking News on the Gosch case. Noreen Gosch, Johnny's Mom, states two pictures of Johnny, tied up, most likely right after his kidnapping, appeared on her front door step (CNN broke the news today).

Here is the link to Wikipedia, which will link you to one of the pics. I have viewed the picture and it does truly look like Johnny. This is horrifying. I've always felt Noreen was credible (although I've not yet read her book).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Gosch#2006_Photos

About people in authority being involved in pedophile rings. IMO it certainly can be possible. Just like everyone saw with John Karr, he placed himself into positions where he had access to small children. I don't believe he wanted to become a teacher because he wanted to teach but because he wanted to be where he could be alone with children. If someone is sick enough to want certain things they will and do find ways to help them get what they want. I'm not saying all LE are bad but I do believe there is a certain percentage who get into it for very sick reasons.

OB

Kim Ii said:
Breaking News on the Gosch case. Noreen Gosch, Johnny's Mom, states two pictures of Johnny, tied up, most likely right after his kidnapping, appeared on her front door step (CNN broke the news today).

Here is the link to Wikipedia, which will link you to one of the pics. I have viewed the picture and it does truly look like Johnny. This is horrifying. I've always felt Noreen was credible (although I've not yet read her book).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Gosch#2006_Photos
Wasnt this story broke yesterday? There is a link about it already.:waitasec:

Marie said:

Kids abducted at a young age often feel guilt as if it was somehow their fault for what happened. Maybe they feel they didn't fight hard enough, or weren't strong enough, or blame themselves for things they didn't do or for believing what the abductor told them. Kids a lot of times blame themselves for what happens in their immediate world.
Abductors even exploit that sometimes. Now this is just a guess....but I have heard of *advertiser censored* being made using multiple children, with one child abusing another. That would be an additional means of control with an abductor being able to tell the victim "I have you on tape abusing this child and that child". So even as an adult he may be afraid of coming forward because he is afraid of being accused of those things.
Like I said, I am not a big believer of any large government conspiracy. But what if a child is told- who are you going to tell- that man is a police officer or FBI. You can't go to them because they are with us. And if we find out that you tried to tell, we will kill you and your family. Even the president will protect us. It wouldn't take long for the child to be too afraid of going to authorities. And it wouldn't take long for thoughts of a government conspiracy to develop.
You have to keep in mind....he was a kid. And he has lived with this for more than 12 years with no sign of rescue.

Here is a link, sadly, regarding kiddie *advertiser censored* rings/exploitation of children: (truly frightening):

http://netmar.com/~maat/archive/jul2/industry.htm'

I am confused about this new photo. The mother says that it shows Johnny wearing the same sweat pants he was wearing when kidnapped, but NONE of the three boys in the photo are wearing sweats. They are all wearing jeans -- two are wearing blue jeans and one a pair of white or khaki jeans. WHICH one is supposed to be Johnny?

Here's another pic with possible Johnny in sweatpants. Shadow saved it. Here it is http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/JT.jpg
Amy

Cypros said:
I am confused about this new photo. The mother says that it shows Johnny wearing the same sweat pants he was wearing when kidnapped, but NONE of the three boys in the photo are wearing sweats. They are all wearing jeans -- two are wearing blue jeans and one a pair of white or khaki jeans. WHICH one is supposed to be Johnny?

I think the photo will give Noreen Gosch credibility, which she has not been given by LE. Over the years she's said some strange things and has made strange accusations, but who's to say how anyone would react over the kidnapping of a child. I think she's grasping at strings by charging that Jeff Gannon is her child.

But, who would send these photos - on her birthday - and why?

I found this about the pictures:

Meanwhile, others connected to the case have reported receiving the photographs through anonymous deliveries and the Internet.

"We are in the process of researching where they came from and whether they've been doctored up," West Des Moines police Lt. Jeff Miller told the Des Moines Register.
http://www.wral.com/news/9778102/detail.html

So if I am reading the above correctly, Noreen was not the only to receive these photo's. The way the article reads is that others connected to the case received the photo's too and some through the internet. Hopefully they will be able to trace where those were sent from.

Shadow205 said:
I found this about the pictures:

Meanwhile, others connected to the case have reported receiving the photographs through anonymous deliveries and the Internet.

"We are in the process of researching where they came from and whether they've been doctored up," West Des Moines police Lt. Jeff Miller told the Des Moines Register.
http://www.wral.com/news/9778102/detail.html

So if I am reading the above correctly, Noreen was not the only to receive these photo's. The way the article reads is that others connected to the case received the photo's too and some through the internet. Hopefully they will be able to trace where those were sent from.
If others had received the photos and had a good idea that it was JG, I wonder if they ever let the family in on this? I would have thought she had the right to know that information. I wonder if they received the photos around the same time or if sporatically throughout the years. I guess the "others connected" would be LE . If so, do they have a clue about the other boys?

nanandjim said:
I remember this story. However, the boy in the photograph to the far right is wearing white (light colored) jean type pants. They don't look like sweatpants to me.

I was wondering if anyone else notice this also. I had to read through all posts to see if anyone else posted this. It does appear to be white jeans, not sweatpants in the photo.

less0305 said:
I was wondering if anyone else notice this also. I had to read through all posts to see if anyone else posted this. It does appear to be white jeans, not sweatpants in the photo.
NG received two pictures. One of of JG by himself in the black (or dark) sweatpants and the other is of the three boys and she pointed him out to be the one on the right in the white pants. (Thanks for posting the pics, shadow205)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow