IA IA - Joshua Wellman, 35, Cedar Rapids, 12 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Joshua Wellman
joshwellman1.jpg

Family of Missing Man Searches for Answers

Cedar Rapids, Iowa -
35-year-old Vinton native Joshua Wellman was last seen after he was dropped off at the Cedar Rapids Area Substance Abuse Center November 12.

His family hasn’t seen or heard from him since.

“There’s definitely something wrong,” Wellman’s step-father Dan Walton said. “He wouldn’t go a day without talking to his sister or his mother or something. That’s just not his nature.”

They reported him missing with Cedar Rapids police a couple days later. While investigators started their search, the Walton’s did their own.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Family-of-Missing-Man-Searches-for-Answers-368811611.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

There are many people that are helping searching for Josh, myself included. My daughter is very close to Josh's family. it's very upsetting not getting answers . I just hope that the C R Police will start doing more now that Chris Bagley's been recovered and know this is serious about Josh's disappearance

Joshua Wellman
joshwellman1.jpg

Cedar Rapids, Iowa -
35-year-old Vinton native Joshua Wellman was last seen after he was dropped off at the Cedar Rapids Area Substance Abuse Center November 12.

His family hasn’t seen or heard from him since.

“There’s definitely something wrong,” Wellman’s step-father Dan Walton said. “He wouldn’t go a day without talking to his sister or his mother or something. That’s just not his nature.”

They reported him missing with Cedar Rapids police a couple days later. While investigators started their search, the Walton’s did their own.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Trish Mehaffey Jun. 16, 2024
1718538701225.png
''There was nothing unusual that struck Shawna Hunziker about the morning of Nov. 12, 2015, but as her brother got out of her car that day, he said something “weird” — words she still would be thinking about nine years later.

“He said, ‘It was really nice to see you today, Shawna,’ and I was like ”OK’,” Hunziker, sitting at her kitchen table in Vinton, told a Gazette reporter. “I was thinking, why is he being so weird? We see each other all the time.”

“I know he’s gone, but sometimes, I’m waiting for him to knock on my door,” Hunziker said. “We just want someone to tell us where he is. Just give us a clue, so we can have closure. We have no grave to grieve.”

''Information?​

If you have information about Josh Wellman’s 2015 disappearance — or any other unsolved Cedar Rapids murder — call Investigator Matt Denlinger at the Cedar Rapids Police Department, (319) 286-5442.''

Joshua Ryan Wellman​

• wellman_joshua.jpg
  • wellman_joshua2.jpg
  • wellman_joshua3.jpg
  • wellman_joshua4.jpg

Details of Disappearance​

Wellman was last seen in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on November 12, 2015. That morning his sister dropped him off for an appointment with the Area Substance Abuse Council, an outpatient treatment program he was attending. Before he got out of the car he told her, "It was really nice to see you today," which she found odd; they saw each other regularly and he didn't usually express affection in this way.

Authorities subsequently learned that he spent much of the day manufacturing methamphetamine for sale and having contacts with potential buyers. A friend of Wellman's called him at 9:30 p.m. that day. Wellman told his friend he was at his mother's apartment (he was staying with her at the time) with several other people and that he wanted those people to leave. This is the last time anyone heard from him.

Wellman's mother didn't get home from work until 10:00 p.m. on November 12, and when she arrived home, Wellman wasn't there but there was a stuffed animal sitting in the kitchen. She thought he might have gotten it for his eight-month-old daughter, whom he had visitations with. He never returned to the apartment and has never been heard from again.

Wellman's mother and sister reported him missing on November 16; they were concerned by his lack of contact and the fact that his backpack which he always carried with him was left behind in his mother's home.

Authorities have heard reports from people in the drug culture that Wellman was murdered and his body disposed of, but they have been unable to verify the accounts as they lacked details. There are multiple suspects in the case, but none of them have been publicly named.

His case remains unsolved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dingltah