GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, found deceased, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They weren't responsible for the 'debacle' surrounding CBR's interview / statement / confession, all very amateurish, reminds me of Police Academy 1 - 7 (the movies). They weren't responsible for the 'informants' coming forward (especially after they were reluctant to pursue it after the first 'informant' came forward). I think you need to vent at others to.

Just out of curiosity…..do you still stand by this POV after the absolute circus, unprofessional, and absolute waste of time that was today’s hearing? I’ll repeat myself for everyone and those in the back of the room. Defense Attorneys are defense attorneys. They are going to do their job and it’s going to be morally questionable. It’s just part of the description. But Jennifer and Chad Freese are about as unprofessional as they come and an absolute joke to their profession. If I ever needed a defense attorney…..I know one number I certainly wouldn’t be calling. We can argue my “venting” all we want. The hearing today was an absolute waste of time, money and energy and it was BEFORE it even took place. I knew it, everyone on here knew it, the public knew it. Unprofessional waste of time….Stalling tactic. Nothing more, nothing less. Don’t defend stupidity….especially of those that know better. The Judge showing multiple points of annoyance in today’s hearing is all you need to know. Their behavior and “professional work” as def att. is anything but professional. What a circus and a disgrace to Mollie’s memory, life and the judicial system.

Last edited:
From the hearing:

IMO, Jones played the defense witness for a fool! Filled him with sympathy stories of his hard life when all along he had a roof over his head and food in his stomach-- courtesy of the state of IA. Witness transferred $70 from his canteen to Jones for bail money.

GJ allegedly told the witness he stabbed MT while living in a trap house (when he was actually living in assisted living or rehab).

I expect the Judge to deny a new trial for CBR, and ignore the jail witness as an unpleasant interruption in his day.

Docket update:

Event Filed By Filed Create Date Last Updated Action Date
EXHIBIT - PROPOSED FRESE JENNIFER JO 07/27/2021 07/27/2021 07/27/2021

OTHER AFFIDAVIT FRESE JENNIFER JO 07/27/2021 07/27/2021 07/27/2021
Comments: AFFIDAVIT OF SHAY MOORE

RESISTANCE BROWN SCOTT DEAN 07/27/2021 07/27/2021 07/27/2021
OTHER ORDER YATES JOEL D 07/27/2021 07/27/2021 07/27/2021
Comments: ORDER RE MOTION TO QUASH

EXHIBIT - PROPOSED FRESE JENNIFER JO 07/26/2021 07/26/2021 07/26/2021

RETURN OF SERVICE ON SUBPOENA MAHASKA COUNTY SHERIFF 07/26/2021 07/26/2021 07/26/2021
Comments: SUBPOENA SERVED 7/26/2021

MOTION BROWN SCOTT DEAN 07/26/2021 07/26/2021 07/26/2021
Comments: MOTION TO QUASH

link: https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

From the hearing:

IMO, Jones played the defense witness for a fool! Filled him with sympathy stories of his hard life when all along he had a roof over his head and food in his stomach-- courtesy of the state of IA. Witness transferred $70 from his canteen to Jones for bail money.

GJ allegedly told the witness he stabbed MT while living in a trap house (when he was actually living in assisted living or rehab).

I expect the Judge to deny a new trial for CBR, and ignore the jail witness as an unpleasant interruption in his day.
My first thought was why did the defense team not determine GJ's whereabouts in July 2018 before they even went down this road? Surely they knew the prosecution would.

I didn't get to watch the whole hearing yet-I'm planning on going back and watching the parts I missed, but after reading many of the comments here, I can't see any reason why Judge Yates would grant a new trial...From what I did watch, it seems like defense counsel has potentially compromised several open investigations that had nothing to do with Mollie's abduction and murder...I understand that they needed to try to do everything they can for their client but it just seems like they're grasping at straws so that they can look like great attorneys...They lost any respect I might have had for them during the trial after the way they treated Dalton Jack and Jordan Lamb...In my opinion, nobody needed to know about that because it had nothing to do with her abduction and murder--all they wanted to do was make Dalton Jack look like a bad guy...

I didn't get to watch the whole hearing yet-I'm planning on going back and watching the parts I missed, but after reading many of the comments here, I can't see any reason why Judge Yates would grant a new trial...From what I did watch, it seems like defense counsel has potentially compromised several open investigations that had nothing to do with Mollie's abduction and murder...I understand that they needed to try to do everything they can for their client but it just seems like they're grasping at straws so that they can look like great attorneys...They lost any respect I might have had for them during the trial after the way they treated Dalton Jack and Jordan Lamb...In my opinion, nobody needed to know about that because it had nothing to do with her abduction and murder--all they wanted to do was make Dalton Jack look like a bad guy...
I don't think the defense even came close to meeting the burden to get a new trial.

I have two questions of this defendant and the jailhouse rat.
1. Does CBR speak English?
2. Did they find DNA inside of MT that belonged to CBR?

actually, 3 questions, did these sex traffickers speak Spanish? otherwise, how did they communicate with this defendant?

They have tried to put blame on anyone, but have to agree what they did to Dalton Jack at trial was just horrible imo.

Now the trial is over, their client was convicted and they can’t let it go and want a do-over so they are pushing this new story. This trial was prolonged way long enough before it actually happened and now Mollie’s murderer needs to be sentenced…game over. Her family and those who loved her have waited long enough for this part of Mollie’s death to be closed. Not only have they waited long enough, but the Frese’s claims unnecessarily put more horrid thoughts out there.

Personally, I never want to hear Ms Frese speak again. She can’t even pronounce the name of her new prison informant’s name properly…calling him Mak-eeee.

moo

I really feel bad for the residents of all these small, rural Iowa towns making the news. These folks know the comings and goings around them where the majority are good folks.

I also don't doubt that if Jones had stabbed MT inside a trap house, others OUTSIDE of jail would have known of his actions!

Even Judge Yates has knowledge of Jones-- and I'm sure it's been in the form of sympathy for Jones's parents that for years probably struggled to keep him on the right path.

Jones is an obvious con/manipulator loving the attention. I think Jones intent was to leave the incarcerated witness with the rumor that he was to be feared (keeping his place in line for his future return stay at the one-way hotel).

MOO

I really feel bad for the residents of all these small, rural Iowa towns making the news. These folks know the comings and goings around them where the majority are good folks.

I also don't doubt that if Jones had stabbed MT inside a trap house, others OUTSIDE of jail would have known of his actions!

Even Judge Yates has knowledge of Jones-- and I'm sure it's been in the form of sympathy for Jones's parents that for years probably struggled to keep him on the right path.

Jones is an obvious con/manipulator loving the attention. I think Jones intent was to leave the incarcerated witness with the rumor that he was to be feared (keeping his place in line for his future return stay at the one-way hotel).

MOO

I grew up visiting my grandparents who lived in a small rural Iowa town of around (6,000 pop) on the eastern side of the state(between the late 90s-early 2000s). Certainly a bigger population than Brooklyn, IW…..but still the heart and soul of the state is the blue collar….salt of the earth people. The nation’s bread basket as the expression goes. I agree. Iowans, I imagine, are shocked, hurt and appalled at this whole case and the actuations of what has gone on around them. I honestly don’t think it’s as complex as the accusations goes. It was one lone disturbed individual that chose to be evil….and commit acts of evil.

As for Jones and any of the other accusations….none of the forensics, DNA/Blood, logistics(aka sex trafficking rings will just put a bullet through someone’s head; not stab them an excessive amount of times leaving a blood trail). As for trap house….all these claims but where’s the house? What’s the address? A whole lot of talk and no evidence to back to it up. Where’s the warrant to search said house….if one was to talk and spill they’d surely give that info too. It’s all just a BS story and it has been from the start. Brooklyn is a town of nearly 1,500….if there was a “ring” and trap house….everyone in town would know about it. The new version of what happened has and will never add up…..because it’s just flat BS.

I still can't get over the line of questioning regarding interviews with random people who were following Mollie's disappearance.

So, some guy ( I don't want to use his name) offers a thought/daydream that sex trafficking might be involved...because he's heard it's a "thing." And that's relevant?

I have to admit I'm surprised those attorneys didn't present screen grabs from our early, wild speculation here at WebSleuths!

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back