Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems we are on possible similar vibes here.
Often these nutjob have their vehicles prepped for restraint for the trip.

This is what they found in Jeffrey Willis’ vehicle for example:
In orogress
They do. But the victims of a perpetrator like that are going to be more high risk. Willing to accept rides, drifters, sex workers etc. Molly was low risk, and it would be unlikely that she fell into the hands of a super predator. JMO

What if it’s BG? Isolated remote location? Maybe Trucker? Probably a stretch. Maybe not...just a thought.

Link for reference and newbies:
ABIGAIL WILLIAMS
LIBERTY GERMAN
WS Thread 1:
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1
WS Maps/Media/Timelines:
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

It is highly unlikely the two cases are linked margarita due to age differences of the victims and distance.

Seems we are on possible similar vibes here.
Often these nutjob have their vehicles prepped for restraint and assault for the trip.

This is what they found in Jeffrey Willis’ vehicle for example: (still looking for the correct link with photo, here’s one for now)
Jeffrey Willis trial: A tool box in his van and the Tool Box Killers
In progress (which o:t by the way folks I’ve been waaiting for the girls’ thread to open back up, (Abby and Libby), bc I’ve been dying to compare this rope in JW’s can as an example to the kind of rope I suspect is in BG’s jacket. Posting this so I don’t forget but I about jumped out of my chair when I saw it. It’s similar to the rope I’ve posted before. Moo)

JW was in jail when Abigail and Liberty were attacked.

Opinions evolve over time. So do the facts as a person or person’s know them. I’m not surprised that law enforcement’s limited statements don’t jibe with the thinking of certain family members.

The mother said that red shirt could not be found anywhere. Now she says Mollie has two and they are at her house.

I believe that Dalton said she was doing homework late. Now mom says there is no indication she made it home.

Very different statements

I'm most concerned about the "routine" part. This is something that people who know her are going to know, but so are people who don't, people who just see this young lady jogging every night at around the same time. That aspect makes her vulnerable.
Just to repeat. Her routine wasnt really a routine. She’d been away at college. She then was in California for dad’s wedding. She was preparing for another wedding and trip to the DR. She maybe didn’t have reliable transportation to her work. She was arranging a new apartment for school. Plus she was taking classes. That’s a crazy summer for any student.

Last edited:
They do. But the victims of a perpetrator like that are going to be more high risk. Willing to accept rides, drifters, sex workers etc. Molly was low risk, and it would be unlikely that she fell into the hands of a super predator. JMO

Not all victims of predators are high risk, for example, off the top of my head since I had mentioned Jeffrey Willis,
Jessica Heeringa was just at work:

(For reference
MI - MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1
(Though she was alone at night working at a gas station without cameras...)

But wth that being said, even low risk women can be victims, like if they are out jogging alone, etc. That in itself is higher risk and fascilitates itself imo well toward both being the victim of a Crime of Opportunity and:Or if as discussed someone knew her routine, was obsessed with her, wanted her gone, etc.

Last edited:
The mother said that red shirt could not be found anywhere. Now she says Mollie has two and they are at her house.

I believe that Dalton said she was doing homework late. Now mom says there is no indication she made it home.

If that shirt is in fact Mollie’s, then it is incredibly ominous. She is an emotionally wrecked mother who doesn’t want to even imagine that her daughter may be dead. I don’t read anything into the words of family members who are going through this. The same goes for the boyfriend, and the rest of them.

I hope you are right, but I just don't know. Just when I think LE have a POI and evidence, they say something that makes me think they have no idea. After the presser on Tues (Wed? - can't remember), I was sure they were close, but after today's presser, I kind of lost hope.
My heart breaks for them all, each and every moment that the agony of not knowing what happened to her, and with so much time having gone by with no clear leads or new evidence indicating otherwise, that she may not be okay somewhere alive becomes a reality. It's truly terrible that Mollie has been missing this long and there is no clear idea of what happened to her for her loved ones & their community & LE working so hard to find her. I hope she will be found soon. I hope she wasn't harmed. I hope beyond hope that Mollie is reunited with her loved ones very soon. I didn't know Mollie, but I feel immeasurable pain in my heart for her and her loved ones. It 's such a tragedy, and so disheartening that her disappearance could just happen, with no real reason or anything portentious about it.

Last edited:

Oh boy..... I skipped to the end and read this. So mom says both red shirts are at her house and there is no indication Mollie made it home? This case keeps going in circles imo.

Just to repeat. Her routine wasnt really a routine. She’d been away at college. She then was in California for dad’s wedding. She was preparing for another wedding and trip to the DR. She maybe didn’t have reliable transportation to her work. She was arranging a new apartment for school. That’s a crazy summer for any student.
Yes, things were changing and chaotic, but she ran regularly no matter where she was, to include when she was staying at her boyfriends house. The “routine” was running regularly every evening.

That just says she was doing homework on her computer in the evening. Nothing about returning from a run.
It was inside the picturesque home where Mollie worked on a school project on her laptop on July 18, while watching two large dogs belonging to Blake and his fiance. Investigators reported the last time Mollie logged onto her laptop was at some point during the evening of July 18, but they did not specify an exact time.

Mollie, an avid jogger, took a jog on July 18 before returning to her boyfriend’s residence. At least two neighbors have come forward so far and claimed to have seen her that day as she made her way down the rural road.

Inside the quiet neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

It is highly unlikely the two cases are linked margarita due to age differences of the victims and distance.
Hi honey!!!

I’ve been waiting for this response. I meant to include this in the post. I do agree a stretch, but ftr remember some perps who have assaulted women have been known to prey on younger victims due to them being a weaker victim, ARS for example had attacked a female adult jogger months before abducting, assaulting and murdering little Jessica R.
Re: distance, Israel Leyes’ propensity to travel specifically in order to commit crimes always comes to mind, not to mention the very far distances he traveled.

And if we are say dealing with a trucker or farm delivery driver, etc

I don't know that she was totally 'low risk.' She was jogging alone, sometimes at night. She was alone in a large, isolated home, possibly with unlocked doors. So I would see that as medium/high risk perhaps?

Is it possible Mollie had a 'side guy' while in college? Its possible they knew of her going overseas with her boyfriend and was angry about it? Just throwing the possibility out there.

It was inside the picturesque home where Mollie worked on a school project on her laptop on July 18, while watching two large dogs belonging to Blake and his fiance. Investigators reported the last time Mollie logged onto her laptop was at some point during the evening of July 18, but they did not specify an exact time.

Mollie, an avid jogger, took a jog on July 18 before returning to her boyfriend’s residence. At least two neighbors have come forward so far and claimed to have seen her that day as she made her way down the rural road.

Inside the quiet neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was last seen
I wonder how far they saw her along the route.

I'm confused. Why would Mollies Mom and DJ tell the DailyMall reporter all those things in the interview? The details they gave were things Winkler refused to answer today at the presser. Are the cracks starting to develop?

I have a couple of theories why Mum Laura gave an interview to local reporter for Daily Mail. First, Mollie's been missing for about 16 days, and while she was announcing her hardscrabble reward fund, cadaver dogs were enroute to search previously searched area. From all appearances, she played by LE rules --as endorsed by Mollie's Dad Rob, for as long as she possibly could. Second, all should remember that Brooklyn is Laura's community -- these are her people that were also being left in the dark. When her son Jake spoke to local news station telling them LE provided that Mollie was doing computer homework in the evening, many chastised him for speaking out, and I read several posts doubting his word. However, if you listen to the "Mollie's family, friends and community speak to us about the on-going search" podcast by Fox News Andrew Keiper, that certainly would have been the last straw for me. The attempt at "gotcha" journalism employed by Keiper is what happens when media is stonewalled for 16 days. The "character" and "integrity" questions of the victims are inexcusable, and this grieving family -Mollie's Mum especially, deserve better. As WS Members know, the financial impact of a missing loved one can bankrupt the strongest. After all the harvested social media photos published thus far, it was good to see Mollie's Mum take control of what she wanted printed, published, and attributed to her whether for a fee or not. I Stand with Laura and Mollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth