Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought - to all those who think she disappeared post-run but when she was potentially walking to her mom’s to get the car - something just sticks out to me. Didn’t she leave her keys at her bf’s house? In my experience, I would have a car key on my main key chain. Especially if the car was being shared, each person would have a copy on their keychain, reduces the risk of losing the only set, etc.
Good point, but we have heard nothing about keys, as far as I know. So either she didn't have a copy of the key, or LE has kept that aspect a secret.

I believe this is outside the realm of what we are allowed to discuss here.

Yes, this! It is in the call logs that the Poweshiek County Sheriff posts on their Facebook page.
I'm wondering about that too. I'm going to ask a mod about whether we can discuss. I know in the Delphi case, when police searched the property of a person living nearby and he granted interviews with the media, commenters were allowed to sleuth him if they only referenced his initials. I don't know whether that would suggest any leniency here.

With an ongoing case like this, they would be sealed. We'd know about it if the media had this information.
Thanks, MG! Makes sense that if it were public info, the media would have released it by now.

The pig farm is 15 miles from Brooklyn, correct? Cheney is a convicted stalker? What brought LE to the pig farm? Was it her fit bit? Her phone?

Seems he has been cooperative, he gave them his phone, let them search his property without a warrant and went in to the fire house for 2 hours of questioning.

I don't blame him for not wanting to take a polygraph. There is nothing for him to gain in it, they won't stop bugging him if he passes or fails. He is like the farmer in Abby and Libby's murders, his house is close to where they think some evidence may be.

Odd the similarities actually. I wonder if the snapchat came from his location. It is my opinion that LE thinks he is their guy.....but where is Mollie? Also, I have trouble imagining that she would trust this guy for a ride....so strange.

I'm sure it's been discussed but did the hardware store have cameras and any idea of what was taken, if anything, from the store? Do we know a time it was vandalized? Curious that it happened during this very time!

I’m also curious - is this type of vandalism/break-in commonplace in Brooklyn? If so, it very well may be a coincidence. If not, it would definitely demand more attention.

I'm wondering about that too. I'm going to ask a mod about whether we can discuss. I know in the Delphi case, when police searched the property of a person living nearby and he granted interviews with the media, commenters were allowed to sleuth him if they only referenced his initials. I don't know whether that would suggest any leniency here.
We were instructed by a Mod previously, that we could discuss this guy, if we used his initials. Thanks for bringing that up. We should refer to him as WC.

Didn't I read where they also served a warrant on the pig farmer? If so, his letting them voluntarily search his property prior was fruitful enough to obtain said warrant, and/or they have OTHER direct evidence potentially linking him to a crime.

Search warrants require a pretty high burden.

JMO.
He is a guy who either lives near or works on a farm. He doesn't look like an owner.

If you saw the interview you would note he was very odd. Lots of mannerisms and tics. Evasive.

He also doesn't sound too bright. Anyone with sense would ask for an attorney before speaking to an interrogator or allowing LE entry for a search.

I don't think they had a warrant, they wanted to search the pig area without a warrant. Which became a search of his house and a confiscation of his phone overnight because he agreed to a search.

Big surprise he doesn't want to "just come in for a polygraph."

For some reason, I recall reading that after that first search which resulted in the phone confiscation that they served him a warrant and searched again. I could be conflating information though.

Good point, but we have heard nothing about keys, as far as I know. So either she didn't have a copy of the key, or LE has kept that aspect a secret.
Ah, okay. For some reason I thought it had been reported that her keys were left at home. Either way - doesn’t help narrow anything down, only provides yet another wrinkle/hypothetical.

Just a thought - to all those who think she disappeared post-run but when she was potentially walking to her mom’s to get the car - something just sticks out to me. Didn’t she leave her keys at her bf’s house? In my experience, I would have a car key on my main key chain. Especially if the car was being shared, each person would have a copy on their keychain, reduces the risk of losing the only set, etc.
Hard to say. In many families in the country, they leave the main set in the ignition or above the visor in the vehicle. :)

For some reason, I recall reading that after that first search which resulted in the phone confiscation that they served him a warrant and searched again. I could be conflating information though.
From what I read, he voluntarily handed over his phone and allowed LE to search, including inside his house.

I don't think they had a warrant, they wanted to search the pig area without a warrant. Which became a search of his house and a confiscation of his phone overnight because he agreed to a search.

Big surprise he doesn't want to "just come in for a polygraph."

Who would let LE search his premises without a warrant?

The polygraph? Worthless.

A Fitbit device that's connected to the phone via Bluetooth will not have an IP address. Her phone will have an IP address.

Interesting you say this. I was wondering about the Bluetooth connection, and I see it can be tied to a MAC address.

One way or another, they should be able to do some tracking of her Fitbit.

From what I read, he voluntarily handed over his phone and allowed LE to search, including inside his house.

Yeah, I recall that too. But I also recall something about them coming back a second time with a warrant. Again, as many cases as I am reviewing at the moment, I could be conflating information. Apologies if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!