Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I thought that, too, but there's a "watch thread" button for that. Just confusing to me.... :mad:

There are posters who don't know how to use the forum software platform. So, for instance, they don't know how to delete their own post and instead press "edit" and then overwrite their previous entry with dots or some thing as a way of a deletion, rather than pressing "edit" then pressing "delete." This also occurs if certain features have been disabled by the administrators of the board.

In addition you'll see some posters add a post "marking their spot" because they don't know how to check for new posts in a watched thread and this is the only thing they can figure out.

It's not difficult to learn how to do basic things like delete or check new posts in a thread, if the features are enabled, but some don't take the time or ask, if they can't figure it out.

Personally I think it should be a requirement to learn the very basics of using forum functions.

Last edited:
Absolutely there should be a digital trail if Mollie was alive and well in the morning. She typically collected the car in the evening and she did not pick it up. With that type of change in routine she should have texted her brother to let him know that she was on her way, or to ask him to swing by and collect her. In fact, he checked in with her at 7:30 to find up what was up with the car.

I think something interrupted her plan to collect the car in the evening, and that same interruption prevented her from letting her family know that there was a change in plans.

I think we can narrow the timeline down to sometime between 7:30 when she was jogging and 10PM, which would be a reasonable time to let her family know that she would not pick up the car.

Dear Otto,

And also because she would still be wearing her jogging clothes during that time period?

Listen to the family’s press conference again with this in mind. I believe mom already knows she’s alive but refuses to accept it was by choice.
I thought it looked like their hearts were being ripped out in the last press conference. Like LE had just let them in on something that wasn’t good and maybe even involved someone they trusted. Looks of sadness, confusion and betrayal. But you give me hope! Her passport and ID were left behind so it’d be tough to get far unless she has an accomplice.

Last edited:
Listen to the family’s press conference again with this in mind. I believe mom already knows she’s alive but refuses to accept it was by choice.

Certainly it's possible - but what (seemingly) very well grounded 20 year old girl with - a great future/career ahead, boyfriend of 3 years, loving and close family, trip to DR, etc, etc takes a pass and goes where? And why?????

I apologize if this has been posted already-
“As shared before, until proven otherwise, Mollie’s family believes she is alive and with that being said, someone has her,” Tibbetts’ family said in a statement. “It is their hope that the money raised to let her go, would far out weight any monetary value to them to keep her.”

The family is in a position where a kidnap/ransom is a more positive alternative. I don’t get emotionally involved in cases but the thought of what families like the T’s go through is just sad.

Woman’s Body Found in Rural Iowa Is Not Mollie Tibbetts: Cops | Heavy.com

That Miner incident feels incredibly significant.
  • Female jogger
  • Black vehicle
  • Small Midwestern town with a population under 1,500
  • Incidents occurred a little over 24 hours apart
I know a serial kidnapper seems far-fetched, but these are some very big consequences if they're not related.
If it were a serial kidnapper, the small time gap would be extremely unusual. Usually it would be weeks or months, and not a 24 hour period.

I thought it looked like their hearts had being ripped out in the last press conference. Like LE had just let them in on something that wasn’t good and maybe even involved someone they trusted. Looks of sadness, confusion and betrayal. But you give me hope! Her passport and ID were left behind so it’d be tough to get far unless she has an accomplice.

I have three older sisters - LE would have a hard time convincing me not to look on my own for them - BUT - if LE proved to me that it was in the best interest of finding them - I'd do my best to go along - at least for a while.

There are posters who don't know how to use the forum software platform. So, for instance, they don't know how to delete their own post and instead press "edit" and then overwrite their previous entry with dots or some thing as a way of a deletion.

In addition you'll see some posters add a post "marking their spot" because they don't know how to check for new posts in a watched thread and this is the only thing they can figure out.

It's not difficult to learn how to do basic things like delete or check new posts in a thread, but some don't take the time or ask how, if they can't figure it out.

Personally I think it should be a requirement to learn the very basics of using forum functions.
As I understand it there is NOT a delete button??

I also “mark my spot” sometimes when there are many posts and there is one particular I want to examine further at a later time, such as a map, PC, etc.

If it were a serial kidnapper, the small time gap would be extremely unusual. Usually it would be weeks or months, and not a 24 hour period.

Even if the first attempt was unsuccessful? Perhaps that's why this hypothetical kidnapper drove over 400 miles to another state before he tried again. Just being devil's advocate here, I'm usually the last person in the world to turn to a "serial" anything theory, maybe it's just because it's late here.

Respectfully, this I’m not so sure about. Sometimes a perp can be on a hot streak (forgot the Forensic term for it)...hot phase, no that’s not it...I’ve seen cases where victims are attacked back to back, 24 hours specifically, would have to research but I do believe it has occurred.

Where do you think her final destination was going to be?

And the big question, if this is true, how does it get resolved?
I think this probably gets resolved when she calls her dad. She's in a hell of a predicament right now, I'm a lot older and more experienced dealing with sticky situations and I have no idea how I'd get out of this mess - I'd probably call my dad too.

Respectfully, this I’m not so sure about. Sometimes a perp can be on a hot streak (forgot the Forensic term for it)...hot phase??? I’ve seen many cases where victims are attacked back to back.
You’re referring to a spree (killer). Yes it does happen, but it is not the norm to not have a cooling off period.

Is there a reward for info if she is NOT safe/alive? I have seen “safe return” but not just leading to her location.

Good evening - earlier today I took a trip to Brooklyn, WC's, Deep River and Guernsey ( I live on the IL side of the IA/IL border - about 1.5 hours east of Brooklyn) and thought I'd share it with you all (please note - I tried posting this earlier but got a "database error" and wasn't able to).

Observations as follows: (certainly some of what I'm going to write can be gleaned from a map on the Internet, but to me there's nothing like going there and observing things first hand).

Turning north from interstate 80 - there are NO Mising Mollie signs on the side of the road leading to Brooklyn (approx. 2 miles to the south edge of town) - struck me as odd.

However - virtually all of the businesses in Brooklyn have a small missing poster in their windows, and there are maybe a couple dozen or so yards that have a missing sign - I didn't drive every road in town - but it wouldn't take long to do.

Most of the cars along the road that DJ's house is on have a sign on them!

There is no sign in DJ's yard; but there's one on the corner directly to the west.

MT's mothers house is in what looks to be the newest and most affluent part of town.

Town is split into a north and south section via the railroad track that runs east to west.

The north side appears to be more affluent, roads have curbs, houses (with a few exceptions) are kept up very well.

Drove by the fire station - about ten cars there; no one was visible outside - nothing seemed odd.

Curbs have the name of the street embossed in them - I've been to forty US states and eight other countries and have never noticed that anywhere - unique - to me at least.

Very few people were out on a warm Summer afternoon; a few kids on bikes, about ten people were downtown - seemed to be a family outing or something - varying ages - and all seemed to be headed to or already in the shade to beat the heat.

Seems to me this is a very sleepy town - and very small!

The south side of town seems to be unincorporated - as it's technically not connected to the north side and the streets have no curbs and the houses for the most part - aren't nearly as nice nor kept up like those to the north.

Everywhere I went, if people were out, they waved - as previously noted - that's small town Midwest life.

I drive a red Cadillac suv and to me it seemed to be out of place - but no one gave me the stink eye, etc.

One older gent was driving his golf cart around. - and waved.

My point to all of that verbiage is that this is like a Mayberry type of a town - no graffiti, etc.

CONCLUSION - if a young girl was abducted, etc. - someone saw something!!!

Next I headed to WC's location.

Upon turning down his gravel road (from the hard road) I noticed three small suv's parked in the entrance to the hog farm/confinement that you come across first as you travel east to west.

None of the suv's had any markings on them; they were all nondescript (one of them had a younger woman/girl at the wheel with dark hair - not LE or Media vehicles - unless they were trying to be inconspicuous? - which was impossible given where and how they were parked - kind of haphazardly).

I traveled past WC's and noticed no vehicles outside, no people either - about a dozen cattle were in the barn/small feedlot in front of barn) that was adjacent to or most likely a part of WC's on the east side of the property.

I drove about a mile past and turned around to take another look - passed by many other farms/homesteads along the way.

Driving past WC's the second time - I noticed an older car (1990's) backed into one of two garage stalls - and the other stall was empty.

Place was tidy; seemed like a normal homestead.

No wow factor in any way.

Driving east now back towards the paved road - I got another look at the three suv's - each had plates from different local states - IA, IL and NE - hmmmmmmm???

I then headed to Deep River and it's a tiny place, very old; missing Mollie posters were in the windows of the bank and post office - which also looked like the only viable businesses in town - from a retail perspective that is.

I then headed to Guernsey on my way home - also a tiny place and I couldn't ascertain if there was even one viable businesses there - looked to be a true "bedroom community ".

I mention those two towns as I rembered reading that WC stated in an interview that he never traveled to Brooklyn - well these two places I mentioned have virtually nothing to offer - in terms of buying much of anything- so my guess is he does business in What Cheer.

Also - to me - interstate 80 seemed like a line/border that once I crossed it and was in WC's area - it felt more normal/made sense to me - that if I lived where WC does - I'd probably go to What Cheer - unless I was raised to patronize the businesses in Brooklyn.

Appreciate anyone that's read thus far and I apologize for the length of this post!

IN SUMMARY - Abduction is where my head goes; and it happened during the jog - as the house didn't show signs of a struggle (if I remember that correctly?).

Please Note : I also live alone, am a private person and I can guarantee you I would never, ever allow anyone access to my house and cell phone - and I've never committed a crime beyond a speeding ticket!

Thus - for WC to turn over his cell phone (and overnight to boot), allow his house and property to be searched AND answer questions for two hours - tells me A LOT!!!

Also - one of my Uncles and Grandfathers were both police officers in the small town my mother grew up (in Western Iowa) and I would never, ever take a lie detector test either - to me, it has a HUGE downside and a Miniscule Upside!

Thanks again, take care and I hope Mollie is found safe and sound!
I read every word you wrote.... Thank you for taking the trip and putting some minds to rest. I asked a few pages back what the presence of MT missing persons flyers looked like in joining cities and states. Doesn’t seem like others think she went very far from her hometown and /or littering the highways with MT flyers. Seems to be a localized case on the ground with those looking but a national case on the internet with those guessing.

I too believe she was taken early in the am on her way to get the car. Someone interrupted her plans and historically /according to research data this is how/when adult female abductions happen, just like Amanda Berry who was walking home from work and Castro offered her a ride home and she accepted. He didn’t stalk her or specifically decide to take her in advance. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I just read the article and it does say she reported it when she was questioned, which was probably one of the early interviews as she lives so close. I don't think she is lying, just that Fox is trying to make it seem like they have a new clue when in fact it was probably told to investigators in the first few days.

I'm not knocking anyone else's opinion, but to me, Fox is trying to force MT's case into a SK case. If the lady did report this to the FBI, at the time MT first went missing, then perhaps it is true. But, if she reported it 2 1/2 weeks afterwards, I would question the validity of the tip. As you all know when looking at other sites, there are lots of crazies making false claims and downright hateful comments, which I sincerely hope MT's family do not see.

IMO, she was taken by someone she knows. I, like others, have my own opinion on who that might have been (I have 2 POI's), but since they have not been discussed in MM, I don't discuss them on here. I do not think this has anything to do with a serial killer. I don't think she "ran away", and I don't think she was forced into someone's vehicle. Therefore - someone she trusted.

Yes, I'm probably wrong! lol And so are the majority of us! So I'm in good company. :D Unfortunately, we aren't getting any new, reliable information, so we are grabbing onto whatever hits the news, which we all agree is not very accurate. I admit I do a lot of scrolling through comments that continually rehash the same points. We need some knowledge of the details that LE know, but I understand they believe they are conducting this investigation in the best way for MT. So we have to sit on our hands and wait which is not easy. I take breaks from here, but then when I check back, I'm way behind so I basically have to scroll through pages of posts, just in case something of importance has happened - only to find out there is still no Mollie.

I’ll add with something I’ve mentioned before. She is a young, attractive, hard working college student, who is very unlikely to disappear on her own. She vanished from a safe town, and is similar in profile to people that many of us know. She could be our friend, sister, daughter, niece, etc. She is relatable, and that is why her case has drawn our attention.
You stated it much better than I. Thank you!

@MsBetsy said:
About her eyesight, she is near sighted. One of her family members said she needed them for driving, and I think it was her aunt who said she can't see anything without them.
That's possible, but I was always far sighted (until I had my cataracts removed last month and got new lenses put in), and they got bad enough that I needed them for driving eventually. I also couldn't make out facial features of people I was talking to without them. What I do know is that when looking at someone with glasses, things (especially their eyes) look bigger through the lenses if they're far-sighted and smaller if they're near-sighted. Her eyes look bigger with her glasses on, and things you can see partially through the lens look bigger through the lens than the part outside the lens. If someone in her family said she is near-sighted, I'll take their word for it, but her case doesn't fit with what I've seen over the years. MOO

Whew,... I've been looking for this post for several days, and glad I finally located it! Hope this helps add some clarity to Mollie's "vision."

From thread 6, post #1003-- compliments of @Crystal Regan:

In response to all of the questions about Mollie’s vision. I am an Optician. She is either farsighted or nearsighted. It would be out of the ordinary for her to need both up close and far away at her age. I looked at her pictures and I don’t see the high powered lens thickness that you see with the higher powers. If she is far sighted her up close is compromised and at about 20 feet her vision should be good. I am guessing, though, that she is near sighted, like most persons her age and that she can navigate the world pretty good until about 15-20 feet away. Also most college kids get a year supply of contacts and their glasses at the end of the summer before returning to college. bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb