Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This breaks my heart. I always value your input.
I agree members should feel free to post without feeling nervous about replies as long as TOS are being followed. I think tempers are flaring for whatever reasons at this point in the case. Moving forward, with finding Mollie front and center, I think any discourse that follows TOS is valuable to share ideas and opinions about what's happened to her.

Heavy.com reported on 7/26 - DJ’s mom said MT’s wallet and ID were at the house along with her glasses and contacts. “She can’t see without them”. This statement has been bothering me. MT couldn’t jog without contacts or glasses or do her homework. She wouldn’t leave the house with someone without the ability to see. DJ’s mom said she couldn’t see without them.
Her phone, Fitbit and EarPods were gone. Dogs were in the basement with plenty of food and water.
Putting the dogs in the basement is planning. Leaving your wallet, ID and contacts isn’t a planned departure. Leaving the house with a dead cellphone? Doesn’t make sense. Maybe it wasn’t dead, just turned off.
No report of a struggle in the house.

Why would you report that her cell phone was turned off? We have no idea that's the case. It was 12 hours later that she didn't respond texts. Also, she could have easily had another pair of contacts that mom/boyfriend doesn't know about.

The thing that I question here is why would she abandon the dogs intentionally? Her reputation as a responsible young woman and dog lover has been discussed.

If she was headed over to her mom's for dinner, and planning on returning with the car after dinner, then she wasn't abandoning them. She was merel putting them in the basement for the few hours that she was planning on being gone.

Body language can be very telling, interviews, press conferences etc; not sure that's been discussed previously;

Folded arms - that they're closed for argument

Eye rub - the brain's attempt to block out the deceit

Scratch neck - this gesture is a signal of doubt or uncertainty

Scratching head - it signals the emotional state of confusion

Scratch face - as to wanting to believe own lies

There are more, these are just a few.
I noted all these as well with the frequent hand covering the mouth.

ACG2x said:
Very interesting timing that they canceled the news conference.
I read on one of local media sites I cannot find the article at the moment (these threads are going so fast) that Crime stoppers and her family were going to have a PC on Thursday or Friday maybe the local LE didn't think 2 in one week would be beneficial

If she is running out to say hello to someone, she puts the dogs up so they dont keep barking and tear up the place (I realize LE has not confirmed). She always has her fitbit on, and she grabs her phone (as I do every time I walk anywhere almost).
LE hasnt confirmed anything that was left or anything missing other than the fitbit and phone, right.

I think the answer is that he can't get away with it 100% but the punishment for returning a person unharmed or even just alive is going to be A LOT less than the punishment for kidnapping and murder. Either way, I feel he'll be caught so it's in his best interest to return her alive.
He couln’t negotiate 100% immunity if he releases her alive? Where’s our attorney?

Please don't judge the length of the phone call with her dad as anything significant. I too had fairly long phone conversations with my father as a young woman, my mother died when I was young so we were close and would discuss current events, politics and religion. Truthfully, what we didn't discuss were my personal romantic and friendship issues. It's very possible that Mollie and her dad are close the way my dad and I are so I wouldn't read anything into a long phone conversation with her dad. MOO.
True, but it would help if we knew if 3 hour conversations with dad were a typical event. A 3 hour conversation in the same week of a mysterious disappearance might make me wonder a little bit more.

Why would you report that her cell phone was turned off? We have no idea that's the case. It was 12 hours later that she didn't respond texts. Also, she could have easily had another pair of contacts that mom/boyfriend doesn't know about.

If her cell phone was on, 18 days ago the Cops would’ve showed up at her location.

If she left that town with her cell phone operational, they wouldn’t be looking in Brooklyn.

Heavy.com reported on 7/26 - DJ’s mom said MT’s wallet and ID were at the house along with her glasses and contacts. “She can’t see without them”. This statement has been bothering me. MT couldn’t jog without contacts or glasses or do her homework. She wouldn’t leave the house with someone without the ability to see. DJ’s mom said she couldn’t see without them.
Her phone, Fitbit and EarPods were gone. Dogs were in the basement with plenty of food and water.
Putting the dogs in the basement is planning. Leaving your wallet, ID and contacts isn’t a planned departure. Leaving the house with a dead cellphone? Doesn’t make sense. Maybe it wasn’t dead, just turned off.
No report of a struggle in the house.
1) LE would know if her phone was on, if fitbit stopped communicating and where it had been.
if she regularly used the earbuds while jogging then it makes sense they would go with the phone.
2) I haven't seen any public statements by bf, family, roommates if the circumstances with the dogs was normal or unusual.
If they often were kept in the basement like that, it would not be strange. If they never were kept in the basement like that, then that is a clue.
3) She may have been wearing contacts. leaving glasses and contacts behind doesn't seem to indicate anything.
4) Leaving wallet / ID doesn't make sense if she planned on driving as the endpoint to the jog. Although, again, those close to her would know if leaving that behind is normal or not. If it's not normal then it would indicate to me that she was home.
5) Where is the fact about the phone being off or dead come from?

Hi guys, wish we saw more movement today. I still can't get on board with the idea that she left voluntarily. People with strong community ties don't usually just leave. By all accounts MT was very close with her family, friends, school, jobs. It just doesn't fit the profile of someone who feels no responsibility or connection to their home. I mean she was so close with her dad she was his "best man" and her Twitter profile picture is of her and her dad. I can't imagine someone with such strong ties leaving. We often see young people who have a reported history of feeling like outcasts, or a troubled home, who leave voluntarily. Not someone cemented into their community. Ugh, it just breaks my heart not knowing.

I'm lost - didn't see it. But it's amazing how many trolls descend on these sites.
If you're referring to the Topeka Real Time News / Police Scanner fb page. I deleted that comment because I saw that the comment I read had been posted more than a few hours ago and it would be news now if it were actually true. It involved the sighting of a woman who the poster said looked a lot like MT in a white Prius and the poster also mentioned a police presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth