Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TPeeFitz - I hope you won't mind me snipping your post - How do you get there?

Here is my thinking - If Mollie was put someplace without any consideration of her well-being, so someone could have time to distance himself from IOWA, she may now be without food or water for a critical time. If she was left outside, in only a sports bra and pair of running shorts all of the environmental elements may be a struggle.
I know many folks in that region enjoy camping but I don't know exactly how much Mollie might know about survival methods if lost outside or being restrained outside.

If she was taken during or after her run, she might not be as hydrated as if it happened at a different time.

Last year I had to have emergency surgery long story irrelevant for the most part, my surgeon said I would have died in about 2 hours time because I had been unable to eat or drink anything from May 1 until the surgery May 19th. I could have lasted a longer time when it came to food but the water part was something I now understand much better. Just one of the reasons her continued disappearance has bothered me so.

If she was taken by someone and is alive, which I truly hope and pray is the case, mightn't her captor be getting more stressed and therefore more dangerous as each hour passes?

It almost seemed as though you would have to start and stop with the inclusion if alive, she is with an accomplice to conclude 'low risk'.

Help me better understand your thinking and how you got there.
Simply comparative to other, more potentially urgent needs. Haven’t gotten there by anything other than assuming that if she is still alive, almost three weeks after the fact she is already in way less danger than many others at this very moment. I’m going on statistics. I believe that that is the most common way of deciding how to split resources when they are limited.

Agree. LE is looking for a body. Their actions demonstrate the belief, based on the amount of time that's passed, along with the info they've developed, and having a lot of experience (FBI assisting) in these kinds of cases, they know most of the time it will be recovery of remains.
Agree with this. Also, the $200,000+ reward for Mollie's safe return seems to have led to no new strong tips.

If someone who was an acquaintance wanted to be more but was rebuffed, or had been trying to warm up to her but was rejected, she would have told someone, confided to a close friend or her mom or her BF. Hard for me to think someone who knew her was that obsessed yet never sent an email, text or a card or something on IG of FB. They would have left electronic crumbs if that were the case and LE would have a name. They would not be appealing for a name.

This makes perfect sense to me, and yet I still cannot get past the gut feeling that she was taken by someone known to her. No idea why that feeling is so strong in me, but it is. And yes, I could be wrong.

Not to be a broken record..,but how does searching fields, ponds etc and spending time with WC equate to LE has a POI and knows Mollie is being held? Actions are better judges, imo, to tell,what they may know or not know. Just for the record, I doubt WC is guilty of any role.
The dad did state more than once today that wethe WC situation isnt the only focus - it just appears that way because it is one that the public is aware of from reporters talking about it - we don’t know all the other actions because they’ve been kept quiet. It left me with the impression that he isn’t involved like one might think. Totally my subjective opinion though.
Mollie Tibbetts' father hopeful his daughter is alive

Absolutely agree with you. Also I don’t believe she would have left the dogs with no care. I believe her boyfriend wasn’t due home until Friday. She was designated to be their caregiver til the brothers came back from the jobs they were completing.
I think 1 day (until family/bf realized she was missing and rushed over to the house to check for signs of her) or 2 days (when bf was returning & if it took them longer to throw up the alert, not likely but you never know) leaving the dogs with food and water in a finished basement and for all we know those "spill pads" to do their business on, it wouldn't be a big deal, even for 3 days. Mollie's dad said in MSM interview that the dogs were in perfect shape, and they were where they were always kept (in the basement) whenever no one as at home. I know dogs that have done fine for a couple days on their own, like over the weekend -- they have eachother to play with, they have food, water, and a place to do their business, they're just not getting major exercise and human interaction every day, which isn't an immediate need for their long term survival IMO.

FBI, unfortunately, will not stay long, will defer case to local enforcement. Long time posters might recall the Tara Grinstead case where this happened. It took 12 years before a tip led to the killer who was interrupted burglarizing Tara's home. If I correctly recall, it was a gf of the killer who had ethics. The longer this goes on, the more I think only a tip will solve it.

This makes perfect sense to me, and yet I still cannot get past the gut feeling that she was taken by someone known to her. No idea why that feeling is so strong in me, but it is. And yes, I could be wrong.
You could both be right—someone she barely knew (the guy behind the counter at the coffee shop, or the one she passes and says hi to every day on her run, etc) would not have necessarily left an electronic trail of contacting her.

I have not heard in the last few days how big the search effort still is (physical on the ground search). I know initially much of the town was out searching but has this been scaled back? This may give an indication of the focus.

I hate to say this, but I have a feeling she’s in the corn and will be found come harvest time. Not necessarily corn fields in Brooklyn or immediate area, but close. I know they’ve searched through the corn fields, but I would guess they didn’t go more than 20-30 rows in at the fields they did search. I would be surprised if more than 5% of the fields in the area have been searched....I hope I’m wrong - I hope she’s alive somewhere.

That is my strong feeling as well. I too hope that I am wrong.

Is it possible Mollie witnessed a crime so the perps felt they had to take her?
I really am heading down the lane of the pig farm tho. Too much activity there for it not to be something imo.
I also felt from the getgo and mentioned this sounded like a stalker to me. Not pointing any fingers tho because WC was so open with letting LE search his property.
Does he keep company with any friends who have a similar background? I know we can't sleuth them but perhaps LE was asking him about that.

Very unlikely. In a town that small the crime would be well known.

More thoughts about the sudden increase in the reward since last week, over a quarter of million dollars raised! Something has come to light to justify that, imo. I also think that the plea is for a third person that probably knows what's going on to come forth. That person may be the one in over their head.
Maybe the cadaver sniffing dogs last went thorougly over the ground (I think the 3rd time they searched around the hog farms) where LE had a lead one of her devices last pinged or some evidence of her belongings were found, and the dogs did not scent any cadavers, so this is leading them to believe "she made it out alive" from the Brooklyn area.

I have read several posts and have missed a ton of posts, but at this point I am confused after hearing Mollie's dad's comments . I am on the fence. Just like everyone else, I want Mollie to be alive. Running off to avoid a proposal seems so drama filled but the thoughts of it may have caused her extreme anxiety that the anxiety took control of her thinking. Far fetched i know.

Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts

Above Article Snipped and BBM for focus:

They also searched a pig farm several times near Guernsey, Iowa, about 10 miles south of Brooklyn.

Rahn declined to reveal what clues, if any, investigators may have found at the pig farm. But he said one thing is for certain -- Tibbetts isn't there.

"I can tell you she's not there. Aside from that, I'm not sure what I'm able to release, but she's certainly not there," Rahn said in an interview July 27.

--------------------------
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I had never read or heard this statement from an LE source that MT is definitely not at the hog farm before coming across this article.
Not sure it furthers any discussion of where she could be much, other than to allow the hog farm to be ruled out.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member