Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that dad is quoted as saying "no one went into that house to hurt her" in an article in the Daily Mail today while mom says she doesn't think she returned from her jog. Which is it?

Reward for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts hits $260,000 | Daily Mail Online

I think the mother's comment was made prior to the dad's. No-one knows whether anyone entered the house to hurt her because at this stage LE have only stated that they don't know when, where or why she went missing, although they stated in a presser that they have a solid timeline.

Her Dad said the family gets a daily briefing from LE but they don't get told any more than the public are told. They may know a bit more but LE have no doubt instructed them to keep it strictly to themselves. There have been two press conferences to date and the next one will now be held on Friday. Questions are taken from the media but nothing will be divulged about the investigation.

Oh one final thought before I go to bed. I read through MT's Twitter account and what I came away with was a different side to her then what is being spoken about by people that knew her. Let's just say I walked away with an impression that MT was more complex then how she has been portrayed. She was a vulnerable 20 year old like most other 20 year olds who was searching to find out who she was. From all accounts she was a happy, confident young lady in a long term solid relationship. Somehow I did not get that impression just reading things she posts. I sensed a lot of doubt on her part. She was certainly friendly and made attempts to be upbeat and she did appear to care about people, I just could sense a bit of insecurity and self doubt.

I only mention this because that opens up an entire new demention to explore and believe this is what LE was referring to when they stated they were attempting to learn more about Molly. Anyone who had taken psychology would pick up on it so certainly the FBI would. It also makes sense given her dad's theory that someone came to the house with "good intentions" that somehow went awry. He himself may be aware of her struggles and frankly at 20 years old one of those self doubts she may have had could be wondering if she really wanted to be tied down in a relationship while being away in college and free to date a variety of people. Maybe she spoke of this to her dad. Sometimes daughter's do not speak to their mom's about certain things out of fear of how they may react. From what we know dad is in CA and mom went back to Iowa when they divorced having been born and raised there. Mom may have those "midwestern" values and certainly having grown up there and knowing people she may not be ok with her daughter wanting to see other people. In small towns people talk ya know. MT may have been able to talk to her dad feeling he was not judgemental or was just easier to talk to. Him being further away he wasn't going to ever let slip in front of her boyfriend anything she may not have wanted him to know which would be more difficult with her mom who would see the guy more often and probably had come to care for him.

Having taken 4 years of psychology reading through her page I just really felt some inner struggles, almost a melencholy in her posts. I could be overthinking this but that is what taking years of psychology does to you. You feel a need to analyze the sublime.
I find it interesting that dad is quoted as saying "no one went into that house to hurt her" in an article in the Daily Mail today while mom says she doesn't think she returned from her jog. Which is it?

Reward for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts hits $260,000 | Daily Mail Online
It looks like with the searches they are investigating disappearing on a run and investigating MT leaving from the home as indicated by the day. The Father's statement is strong "went into the home to harm her".

I really don't think she'd leave voluntarily and leave her family and town to deal with this kind of mess this long. I guess anyone could snap but judging by what everyone said about her that knew her, I just don't see her doing that and seeing this kind of response and then just not getting in touch with anyone. I could see her voluntarily getting in a car with someone to get a ride that she knew but I can't see her running away on purpose

From what I can tell the population of Brooklyn Iowa is only about 1,500. The odds are the culprit is male in the 20-45 age range. LE probably knows most of the townspeople and likely suspects who in that demographic group is crazy enough to do something like this. Hopefully, they are requesting interviews of those people. Of course, the culprit could be from outside Brooklyn, I know.

I would guess they interviewed most of those townspeople in the first week. So my bet the kidnapper is from outside Brooklyn.

Has the fact that mollie might of needed her contacts to go jogging been discussed?
It has been...it's been said here that she probably has many pairs, that she may have been wearing some and whatever was at the house were extras. It seems to be a mute point as no one has mentioned it recently. Not sure there would be a way for LE to know for sure either way. I personally have multiple pairs, some in cases that might make it appear as though I left them behind. Hope this helps!

Although I'm one of the few that leans towards the thought that she may be alive after dad's statements, I still have lingering questions, as some of what he is quoted as saying doesn't make sense. Humor me, and let's say we're putting stock into his interviews. Can we logically answer the following?
  • Should we assume that the person who is with Mollie would also be missing? "I think they're in a place with Mollie and don't know how to get themselves out of this horrible situation...." So if said person is acquainted with Mollie, and is also missing, wouldn't that be super easy to nail down by now?
  • If she went willingly, and this person isn't missing, are we to assume she is safely stowed away somewhere while he/she goes about their life and they come back to Mollie at the end of the day?
  • If she didn't go willingly, dad has implied that this is a person who she trusted/cares about/they care about her...so again, through process of elimination, wouldn't this be figured out? I find it hard to believe she got really close to someone who literally know one else in her inner circle knows about...

I agree...I also think if it's someone who had an obsession with her and she trusted them, it's less likely they would hurt her.
All depends on the abductors motivation. There are some that want to possess and control their victims, not just sexually assault them and then eliminate evidence via murder. I go back to Phillip Garrido and Ariel Castro. They were kidnappers and sexual deviants but did not wish to kill their abductees. It was a completely about possession and control.

Question: In regards to WC's past history with LE. Did his past encounters with LE deal with random women of chance or women from past relationships of one sort or another. I believe I read they were from past relationships? IMO that would be telling. Honestly I really am leaning towards somebody is aware of his past and using it as a ploy. Like they say, "perception is not always reality". Of course I could be completely wrong here.

I was really sickened by NG podcast yesterday. All but one guest threw WC under the bus. Just because how he looked and mannerisms.
I couldn’t finish listening. Talk about trial by media.
Unless and until there is evidence such as WC's vehicle being spotted by surveillance cameras near Mollie's jogging path, I refuse to jump on that bandwagon. There's absolutely no proof that WC was in town that night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member