Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s unlikely, but to say 80% of households in Brooklyn have guns might not be that far off... still, I don’t think that’s got any relevance.

Except the number is less then half that. So it is far off.

I just cannot understand for the life of me why WC gave any interviews to the media. It just baffles me. He put himself into the public's mind of being a suspect. Is he looking for notoriety? Does he think he's outsmarting the FBI? Was he just hoping to clear his name by saying he allowed the searches and questionings? Plus, who would just hand over their phone to LE? I'm kind of wondering about the things he said. Maybe he just wants the public to think he's cooperating to the fullest. LE hasn't told us this. ugh.

Wow - thanks I have never seen this before.
Yes....and his nephew is friends with her brother so chances are he knew of her.

Also interesting, is that LE has cleared the brothers, the BF, etc, but not WC. What do they KNOW that they can clear these individuals so concretely.

Yes he did and he broke the RO and was charged for that also. However I know I`m a broken record on this but I think people need to realize pleading guilty to stalking is likely a much worse charge originally. Stalking isn`t less a serious offence because they know the person. It is even worse they stalk people they know...its the slippery slope to murder.

If the perpetrator knew of WC's past, which is likely, what better place to throw LE off the trail...

He may be using the never word unthinkingly. People have patterns, and he may be someone who uses absolutes without really thinking that they are... absolute. By way of example, for many years I did that also, but only after being challenged on it did I consciously make it a point to be more careful in my speech. It was an unmindful use of words.
I agree. 'never say never' is an axiom for a reason. He probably meant "hardly ever", but thought "never" seemed more 'decisive' ;)

In the 'in and out' many of us take in following these high profile cases where we don't read every comment sometimes we miss important information that was shared early on.

Do we know if Mollie left behind the 'normal' things she took every day to work like something she might carry her id, credit card(s), work id, smart phone and cash in -- like a purse or Fanny Pack?

Wouldn't the answer help determine if she left voluntarily -- which it seems there is still some uncertainty about.

Just some late night thoughts that popped in my head.
I believe it has been reported that her ID, passport, laptop, glasses and contacts were left behind.

I just cannot understand for the life of me why WC gave any interviews to the media. It just baffles me. He put himself into the public's mind of being a suspect. Is he looking for notoriety? Does he think he's outsmarting the FBI? Was he just hoping to clear his name by saying he allowed the searches and questionings? Plus, who would just hand over their phone to LE? I'm kind of wondering about the things he said. Maybe he just wants the public to think he's cooperating to the fullest. LE hasn't told us this. ugh.
I don't think he's very intelligent and I think he was really trying to put out there that he is innocent and cooperating but instead if backfired. JMO.

If that is the angle LE is taking, I sure hope it pays off, as of right now, to me it looks like they are playing a very, very dangerous game.

Some people are not aware of how they come across, or they think they are more socially aware than they really are. Other people hope to influence the narrative. Some are simply naive. Not everyone is looking for 15 minutes of fame.

>>I think Dad's intel exceeds that of the rest of the family because of their close relationship and because of something that was said on that 3 hour call.>>
@Wndrist I agree. Three hours is a long time to keep Dad on the phone. Was Mollie nervous/worried/concerned about something? Was her father concerned, and kept her on phone to ensure she's OK?

So, she was working, house sitting, and going to summer school. She was pretty busy. She sounds fairly motivated. Summer college courses are usually very condensed and intense. I wonder when her finals were supposed to be and how heavy her load was. I'm just trying to get an idea of what her life was like before she went missing. Was she stressed out or loving life? Did she have time on her hands to mingle on the internet?
I've also thought a lot about this one. For a long time a part of me thought perhaps she met someone on the internet, a dating site, etc. and the trust she thought was there actually wasn't... but playing devil's advocate-- SOMEONE would have seen her on those because it goes off of how close you are to someone. I feel like any guy on Tinder or Bumble or anything would have at this point said "Hey, I saw her on a dating website." or whatever. Oddly enough, I actually MATCHED on Tinder 2 days ago with one of the gentleman in Brooklyn that has been discussed as a POI on several different social platforms. (Not sure if he's been mentioned in the threads on WS cause sometimes I can't read through everything :) )

Not sure I'm buying the whole escalation of a situation by an acquaintance as something that just spiraled out of control. To me, a younger person Mollie's age wouldn't be calm enough to deal with that on-the-fly and hide it for so long. You'd need resources to keep a "last minute" abduction quiet for so long. If this was something that just "escalated", I think there would be some public results by now. I believe if she was taken it was pre-meditated.

I don’t think he thought. Wow.....I sounded like him. Oooops

Other than the fact that Mollie is missing, is there any evidence that a crime has been committed?. I am not asking about this being out of character or what her family think, I am wondering about evidence
I have been unable to be here and may have missed evidence.

The fact that the FBI/DCI are involved suggests that a crime has been committed. It's not illegal for an adult woman to leave and cut off contact with family/friends.

I've said this before but not only am I an attorney, but my colleagues jokingly call me the firm girl scout since I am a stickler for best practices and legal ethics, and I would never take a polygraph. I have generalized anxiety disorder and I am sure I would fail no matter what the questions were. I have seen conference videos of me when someone caught me off guard and asked me questions about my very specialized area of practice and I looked so nervous and twitchy you would have thought I was a bum off the street instead of an expert in the field. Pop psychology and TV body language experts start with an expectation of complete neurotypicality. What they say makes for good drama but it's completely meaningless if you have a person with an underlying anxiety, mood, or sensory disorder.

I'm in the mental health field and also have been diagnosed with anxiety. I react the same way when caught off guard even though I maintain professionalism and expertise during my everyday interactions. I am confident I'd fail a polygraph regardless of my innocence. I work closely with LE and the courts on child abuse cases and the main goal of polygraphs in those cases is to intimidate a suspect into a confession. Little to no confidence is placed in the results themselves. Most recently, a suspect passed a polygraph but later video evidence surfaced to show he was actually guilty. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298