Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to seem like I am harping on the search warrants, but bear with me. A classmate of mine went missing in 1996, and her family and friends knew for a fact the last person she saw was her BF, he admitted he was the last one to see her, he had motive to make her disappear, and she has never been found. Yet even with credible information the police were denied a search warrant, and never even took the guy in for questioning! She remains missing. I always think if they would have just granted a search warrant, she might not still be missing. Her case is on this site, and I can provide a link if it's allowed.
In this case, they got a search warrant for a place they didn't really need one, and didn't get one for a place they really should have. It would be really horrible if 20 years were to pass and one little "should have" could have made a difference.

IMO I don't think WC's ex should be doing media interviews. She's not a part of this case and whether he's a bad dude or not she's setting him up for a lot of hurt should it come out he's not involved. I imagine a lot of locals are hearing about these reports and have already made some decisions on this man who has NOT been publicly named a suspect.
I agree, also as I struggle through all the posts to catch up, it is very frustrating to read so many posts about WC criticizing his appearance, mental health, intelligence, and past history. It is not productive and makes it impossible to catch up and discuss what is actually important to this case.

Has this been pointed out?
In this interview from yesterday at 4:57
13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe

Mollie's mom says "when she left" and then the dad grimaces/reacts with his face and looks at the reporter as if to say "yikes did he catch that?" and then her mom claps her hands like as if to say "oops" and then corrects herself. Was she giving info she wasn't supposed to give?
Ooops, thanks for pointing that out -- a definite reaction to Mum saying "when she left"..

The only reason I question that she was abducted at that particular time, is that we have heard rumors of her doing homework after that time. This of course doesn’t jibe with her jogging clothes being missing, which means these things contradict one another. That’s why I am putting forward the possibility of her keeping her jogging clothes on, with the possible intention of going to her mom’s house at a later hour. That’s of course contingent upon the notion that she was in fact doing homework after the jog, which may or may not be true.
MOO is that Molly did her homework before her jog. Put the dogs down with water in the basement. Left to go for her jog. Was on her way to her mothers home to shower, eat and sleep then drive the car to her job in the morning. Maybe she would stop to let the dogs out before going onto work. Nothing to back that up. Just my humble opinion.

I hate to seem like I am harping on the search warrants, but bear with me. A classmate of mine went missing in 1996, and her family and friends knew for a fact the last person she saw was her BF, he admitted he was the last one to see her, he had motive to make her disappear, and she has never been found. Yet even with credible information the police were denied a search warrant, and never even took the guy in for questioning! She remains missing. I always think if they would have just granted a search warrant, she might not still be missing. Her case is on this site, and I can provide a link if it's allowed.
In this case, they got a search warrant for a place they didn't really need one, and didn't get one for a place they really should have. It would be really horrible if 20 years were to pass and one little "should have" could have made a difference.

Yes, please link to her thread.

This this could have similarities to the Mickey Schunick abduction murder. Brandon Lavergne bumped Mickey from behind with his white truck while she was riding home late at night. He bumped her hard enough to knock her over and get her and bike in the truck. She fought for her life and managed to stab him in the neck.

I’m thinking while Mollie was jogging along the road with earbuds in listening to her tunes Perp saw her liked what he saw caught her gently bumps her from behind hard enough so she falls and is disoriented, dizzy perp manages to get her in the vehicle.

This is the scenario I’m thinking.

1. Mollie disappeared some time between her pre-dinner jog and her morning routine.
or
2. If the SC was at the Jack's residence then she disappeared some time between that SC and her morning routine.
or
3. If her "late night" homework actions are verified via IP address then she disappeared sometime between her homework and her morning routine.
----------
Were there any other time frames during which she could have disappeared?

When Feds "take control", as far as I know, it means that they have assumed jurisdiction. Wouldn't that mean jurisdiction has to be warranted? Can jurisdiction be ceded? I honestly don't know.
The characterization may be wrong. But yes, for them to take control without such control being ceded, would be because of jurisdictional justification, if control was ceded or even can be, I don’t know.

Is insider edition reliable

Inside Edition? It's considered mainstream media (MSM), but as to its reliability, that varies by story, in my opinion. However, they often have video that shows the terrain or the surrounding area when they cover true crime cases, and I find that helpful in many cases. Sometimes they also interview witnesses on the show. I would say it's no more or less reliable than any syndicated "infotainment" show.

That was a great observation in post s.com/forums/threads/ia-mollie-tibbetts-20-poweshiek-county-19-jul-2018-18.384238/page-12#post-14269258 of this tread. I think the family is learning how to state a fact from versus what they really do not know was my take. The family is doing such a good job communicating and they look exhausted. Oh, for them to have a moment of peace today.

The characterization may be wrong. But yes, for them to take control without such control being ceded, would be because of jurisdictional justification, if control was ceded or even can be, I don’t know.

Couldn't that also mean that they have been on the scene from the onset, but that they didn't have jurisdictional justification until the evidence warranted it?

t.

There's a stretch of road on the way to her mom's house that is fairly unpopulated. I wonder if she ever went jogging and while jogging jogged to her mom's house for dinner without going back to the boyfriend's house first to shower. Maybe she was actually on her way to her mom's for dinner when she disappeared, although being sighted by the funeral home earlier makes that seem unlikely since that is in another direction.

Being an avid jogger all of my life. I live in Southern CA and am a big chicken I never would have jogged that rural road by myself especially at night much less in a populated area at night. Maybe with a friend and big dogs. I never leave anywhere without my pepper spray. Mollie must be a brave girl. Kids today just too free and easy no worries in the world they don’t believe there are bad people in this world. I even tell my adult sons that and they laugh at me.

Ooops, thanks for pointing that out -- a definite reaction to Mum saying "when she left"..
I noticed that too. Maybe it's just her way of coping.
But then again it could have been a slip of the tongue and she knows Mollie left with someone, maybe not expecting how it ended up at this point, but left with someone.
Or maybe the slip was intentional, for the perp to hear. kwim?

Last edited:
t.

There's a stretch of road on the way to her mom's house that is fairly unpopulated. I wonder if she ever went jogging and while jogging jogged to her mom's house for dinner without going back to the boyfriend's house first to shower. Maybe she was actually on her way to her mom's for dinner when she disappeared, although being sighted by the funeral home earlier makes that seem unlikely since that is in another direction.
I find the google roads somewhat elongated, and perhaps misleading compared to aerial view or timed route. The funeral home (on Central) is only a couple blocks from the high school, and this route also leads to residence of Mollie's Mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy