Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s very interesting. Which picture or video are you talking about? Can you post a link to the media source?

If you pause the video at like 1:20 or 1:19 you can see the two tears as he walks away. There was a high definition source of this video out there and it’s essily seen but all I could find quickly was this one in a lower quality. The blood stain is on the same shoulder and you can see that in the high definition one much clearer and is in red when everything else’s is just dirty. Same shoulder which is ironic. Potentially blood and claw type tears next to one another. Pause at 1:29 and by his left shoulder you can see the spot on the front near his lat area. Again the high definition video I saw earlier was easy to tell it looked like blood in my opinion vs just dirt. The color and and more splatted than looks here.

It’s not so much luck, as the odds being stacked in their favor to begin with. But point taken. I’m just saying it would be quite the coincidence, which may mean absolutely nothing of course.
Wait, what do you mean by odds being stacked in their favor to begin with?

One block west is the Pentacrest. No idea what you're talking about, especially during the day. That's the heart of the campus.
My bad sense of direction, we were one block south. This is why we still need maps.

I’m not sure if anyone noticed but WC had what appeared to be a small blood stain in the upper left part of his shirt. My blow up pic doesn’t show it that well but can see in one of the higher quality videos out there. Also on the back of that shirt is two distinct claw rip tears which could be nails digging in. Watch his interview when he turns back to go in the House it’s pretty obvious they are different rips. Also the color of red shows in one video pretty easily seen. FBI check this out?
I'm sure they noticed, probably came up when they questioned him for two hours (which side note: he claims he doesn't remember what they asked him in the interview. I 100% believe that is a complete lie. Not saying that means he's guilty or a POI but like dude you definitely remember what they asked you, at least some of it). I'm an igornant city girl :D so is it possible the blood is from killing a pig??

I’m going to throw this out there. From what I can gather, Mollie house sitting for her boyfriend wasn’t a common occurrence (atleast doesn’t seem so). This means that on any other night, Mollie’s disappearance would have likely been discovered quite quickly, as her failing to return from her jog would have alarmed either someone at her boyfriend’s house or her mom’s house (assuming someone was usually home when she left whatever house she was at, to run). What are the odds that some random stranger would pick the perfect night, one where he could abduct Mollie and have the discovery of her disappearance delayed by something like 12 hours? If my assumptions are correct (possibly), this stranger either got incredibly lucky, or the perpetrator wasn’t a stranger at all.
That's exactly where my head is at.

I heard the father describe his theory as just speculation and he seemed to be saying it was probably wishful thinking, since that scenario could result in his daughter's safe return. I think it's unlikely that someone went into the house and lean towards an initial forced taking, rather than Mollie willingly going and it turning bad later.

I don't think he has anything to loose by trying. at worse she is dead already and anything he says wont change that, at best someone might have her alive and what he says touches them and helps them want to let her stay alive.

And did what, carried her two blocks to where his car was stashed? If there had been a car parked there she would have seen it and not entered the house, or else been on alert when she entered which would likely have resulted in a struggle.

Please don't confuse the trusting nature of rural midwesterners for naiveté. If you've heard that we often don't lock the doors, you've probably also heard that we make it our business to know everybody else's business.
Good point about how she would have seen the car there. As obvious as it now seems, that hadn't occurred to me.

I apologize if this theory came up before but for speculation purposes I want to throw it out there....I have seen some comments about not locking the doors and windows in her area. What if someone slipped inside the house while she was out on the run? No stuggle could be explained if they drugged her by surprise.

I doubt this theory but I think it’s good to rule possibilities out. The dinner thing makes me doubt this, but all of Mollie’s screenshot posts show her phone on do not disturb, so maybe she forgot to let her mom know she wasn’t coming over and never saw any follow up messages.

Dear Swervinonthat,

This is a good possibility - especially if that person ordered Mollie out of the house by gunpoint and they just walked out the door.

There would be no "sign of a struggle" in this case, just as the authorities have stated that there weren't signs of a struggle in the house.

I’ll give the example of gang killings. Those are notoriously difficult to solve because of the reluctance of witnesses to come forward.
Hmm. Trying to tie what you wrote to Mollie's case in terms of luck or odds, can't get there. It's late.

Anybody who is Snapchat savvy will know that it was an old pic because it looks different. So she wouldn’t have done that to throw him off, if that’s what you were thinking.
The thought never entered my mind. Simply passing along information.

How could you tell? I felt like a salmon trying to swim upstream through all the Missing posts and comments to get to her last posts and likes made by others.
It was supposed to be her personal fb account. I don't get it? Do you?
I've never seen that done before.
You know, I don't think they shut down AH's FB either. I'm trying to think of the other cases over the years and I only think a few were shut down. They used to hide the friend's list, but I only remember a couple that I followed where they closed the account down.

Is WC property near the road or path Mollie would have been jogging? Is there a window in his house facing the road he could view her jog by on a regular basis? binoculars? Her Dad says there not many roads to jog in Brooklyn.

Just to remind everyone, blood is NOT going to be red days after an event.... it would turn very dark, brownish looking.

It was dark reddish brown and not red. Sorry if I wasn’t descriptive enough but you can easily tell it’s a different color and stain than dirt. Wish I could find that higher quality video. Could be just my cellphone changing it to 240p or something. Might have to get on my actual computer to see it again and snap the pics

Hmm. Trying to tie what you wrote to Mollie's case in terms of luck or odds, can't get there. It's late.
Gotcha, I know the feeling. I was saying that a random killer would have had to get lucky by picking a perfect night to kidnap Mollie and have it go undiscovered for such a length of time. It’s completely possible, but it just makes you think. Random crimes are harder to solve obviously.

Anybody who is Snapchat savvy will know that it was an old pic because it looks different. So she wouldn’t have done that to throw him off, if that’s what you were thinking.
I have Snapchat but to be honest don't completely understand it :D. But yes I do believe using a previously taken photo will say "from camera roll" on the picture whereas one taken with Snapchat will not have anything on it (unless of course the user adds their own caption or drawings etc)

Longtime member and reading comments from day one. Sigh.....
Just want to say I am praying for Mollie's safe return. These cases just cut me to the core. Why anyone would want to harm another person is beyond my understanding. Praying also for Mollie's family and friends.

Thanks to every poster who comments and posts links to MSM articles. Thanks so much to Tricia and her staff for allowing everyone to post and "grieve". That is truly what we are doing until we know she is safe.

I fully agree with anyone saying our young people should be aware of the hazards of social media and their daily surroundings. It is sad but this is the world we now live in. And having eleven grandchildren, nine of whom are granddaughters, I feel the need to protect them any way we can. I too ran around outside unsupervised when growing up, no doors locked. People have changed. That is a cold, hard fact.
I have not really considered this before because I live in a bigger city but if you have four of five social media aps in a population size as Brooklyn that definitely could increase young kids and young adult risks even further. Be careful and smart out there.

A snapchat isn't like a message. You don't get an alert that you have a message, you have to open the app to see it. I sometimes get snapchats and don't see them for days because of that.

Thank you! I didn't realize that. It ties in very well with the bf's mother saying that he wasn't really into social media.

Do you know? I don’t. How smart was this person or people? And, if it was in fact a crime of opportunity (i.e., a creep simply spots MT and decides to go for it), he might not have had the time at the point of abduction.

Of course, it is possible it was off, or out of power, or that it was a burner phone, or that he didn’t even have a phone at all. It also possible he could have panicked and tossed both his and her phone at some point, afraid he may be tracked.
OK, but I guess my question in regard to reverse triangulation is if the perp did not have a phone or it was turned off, how does that effect the significance , or results? I don't really understand this process but have heard that it has been used to solve cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom