Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re welcome!

I love my GSD much. He’s very loyal and intelligent and protective of me and my family. I used to never walk alone (because of cases like Mollie’s) but thanks to him I’m not nearly so anxious. It’s sad that women have to think like this about something so simple as taking a walk or a jog.

It's very sad that you women have to even think about that. I have a very good friend who is Ohio State Highway Patrol, he is a Belgian Malinois owner also and he always tells me that owning a dog is better then a gun because criminals knows a dog won't think twice or hesitate in the heat of the moment. I agree to an extent but also will always own guns as well. He does too obviously given his profession lol.

This may not be related at all but we are kind of spinning our wheels here and I was the one who looked into daily crime logs for her college, U of I, but couldn't find anything farther back than early June.

I did find this article on a different forum but since this is a news article, I think it's OK to share the actual article here. The article below does not name the man. It sounds like he has harassed several females from her school, online and even in person. I guess you never know...

UI taking 'seriously' allegations of sexual harasser

Somewhat ironic. The University of Iowa has a pathetic record on dealing with sexual harassment and sexual assault. MOO.

I'm praying for answers for her sweet family and boyfriend. It's just heartbreaking and I can't imagine going through it. We absolutely have NOTHING to go on except for the fact that she is gone.

Those I-80 Truckstops are a bit notorious. I don't know if that one is bad or not. But one in the Davenport (Quad Cities) area is complete with prostitutes.
You can also stock up on illicit drugs.

I had no idea about I-80 and what was going on until I joined WS. If I'm ever travelling, I try like heck to avoid rest stops and truck stops unless I have no other options.

Same. We WS “lifers” will be here when the newness wears off & the waiting game really starts. Most big cases bring a huge rush of new folks (some trolls, some good, we were all new once) then most of them leave. It’ll be okay y’all. Group hug.

IMHO
I've been following a case since 1977 - Diane Funchess. The thread is under her daughter's name - Elizabeth Funchess, who was a baby when went missing. Please check the thread out.
The reason I bring it up, is once a case gets in to your heart....it sticks.
Like Mollie.

If her run lasted only 15 minutes and according to her boyfriend her usual run was 45 minutes, then I would tend to lean towards her going missing on her run. Earlier I was convinced that she was taken from the home but all the recent facts have me thinking it happened on her jog. It will be interesting to see where Sharon Needles ends up on her run tomorrow at the 15 minute mark.

I had no idea about I-80 and what was going on until I joined WS. If I'm ever travelling, I try like heck to avoid rest stops and truck stops unless I have no other options.
Truck stops always weird me out, but what’s happening at the rest stops?

In every case that I have followed here, unless there was a very speedy resolution, (and there seldom is), there always reached points when it seemed that everything that could be discussed, had been discussed, ad nauseam. We have pretty much reached that point here, at the moment, but just because we seem to have nothing to discuss, that does not mean that LE is not making progress. They may not be, but they may be making great progress. We just don't know. But even when there is nothing left to discuss, it is comforting, for me anyway, to just be here, with a group of other people who care about finding this young woman as much as I do. Most of us are here for the long haul, I believe, so let us do our best to be patient and respectful of one another until more news comes out that we can dissect, and hopefully help get Mollie home.

Well said! I also will be here though I mostly lurk. And pray. And hope that maybe the next newbie that logs on will interpret something, even something small and seemingly unimportant, in a different way than we have based on something unique to them and it will spark someone to remember something which is an actual tip, an actual help to LE who is working Mollies case. I’d hate for a newbie to read through all the threads and have something important to say and nowhere to say it. Much hugs to the entire thread. Now I’m off to “catch up” as best I can. I admit I started reading from the end tonight as I was gone all day.

It's very sad that you women have to even think about that. I have a very good friend who is Ohio State Highway Patrol, he is a Belgian Malinois owner also and he always tells me that owning a dog is better then a gun because criminals knows a dog won't think twice or hesitate in the heat of the moment. I agree to an extent but also will always own guns as well. He does too obviously given his profession lol.

RBBM

I very, very much appreciate your comment. I carry pepper spray and a stun gun. Fortunately, DH has been walking with me as well these days.

I remember seeing that, but it was several threads ago. At the time, I assumed that there was some confusion about when she started her run (either 7:30 or 7:45). I will look for a link, but I don't have a lot of time to search this evening.
Runfar found it! See post

Wasn’t she moving to a new apartment?

Could she have come in contact with random people via internet virtual garage sale websites? They need to look at her internet and see if she sold anything or was planning to.

Craigslist, as we know, is one way for a random person to get your address and come by. They should also look at any previous sales via the web she may have made because someone could have bought something from her in the past and knew she’d be there alone.

Was she looking for roommates? Many college friends would post on Facebook groups that they were seeking a roommate.

What if she came in contact with a stranger via apartment hunting and TOLD them she’d be spending time alone at her BF’s house?

I believe early on her college roomie said they had signed a lease for an apartment already. Your CRAIGSLIST possible connection intrigued me. First because it (along with a few other sites) might be used to find furniture and stuff to set up her first apartment. And secondly because I was struck by the number of residences in this little town which are rentals. Didn't matter which street Mollie was on there were houses, duplexes, trailers, ... rentals. My first thought was not important!

But the more I tried to ignore it the more I wondered if someone renting had allowed someone to crash there? Seems many of the properties are owned by businesses located in other cities - which means the landlords are out of sight - most likely. Which makes it more likely someone might take advantage and break the rules.

And most properties turn over around the last week of one month and the first week of the next month. Mollie disappeared in the MIDDLE of July - after someone may have moved away (relocating himself to take him off the immediate search grid) or allowing someone new to enter.

Just thinking outloud.

Weirdos and criminals hiding in the restrooms (sadly, women's restroom especially) they stand up on the toilet so it appears nobody is occupying the stall and wait for the unsuspecting person to come. Especially late at night when there are less people travelling and stopping at the rest stop.

I’m not buying hit/run scenario. Would have likely caused more physical evidence at point Mollie disappeared which would have been located by LE

I must have overlooked, but where has it been reported her run lasted only 15mins? Has this been confirmed? One could come up with reasonable assumption of a search radius based on a good guess of her pace, but may not matter since LE reportedly already has the digital footprint.

No, and No.

Truck stops are not that bad. The one I refer to is huge with multiple buildings and businesses. It's like a city. In fact it is kinda cool inside the main building. Well lit. Has barbers, and heck maybe a dentist, I forget. Just that they offer a full line-up of adult entertainment.

I have never felt intimidated at a real Truck Stop. although I am big, bad, and ugly.

Rest stops, on the other hand are often deserted. Bad things happen there. Alot of bad things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina