Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, people in college frequently trade and buy/sell things to each other via Facebook groups and WhatsApp for a deal. I got the majority of my textbooks from other students in the college buy/sell groups. There are plenty of ways a random acquaintance could have gotten her address.

In fact, there could even be creeps lurking in those college trade/sell groups posing as a college student with something to buy from another college student.

These are just some possibilities I’m playing out in my mind.

Are you thinking that the reason that Mollie is missing is because she bought textbooks online?

Beyond university students selling books, creeps are lurking in college communities?

Are they realistic possibilities?

Mollie seems like someone who was kind, funny, intelligent and had such a bright future ahead. Of course any missing persons case is terrifying and sad but for some reason some really get stuck in my head and Mollie is one of these cases. The other for me was Jacob Wetterling. I still cry when I think too hard about him and his family.

I really hope Mollie’s case will be one of those bizarre outliers. It’s so heartbreaking. I just can’t imagine the pain her family is feeling.

I don’t have good a feeling about the PC being postponed but I hope that I’m wrong. I hope they’re close to finding Mollie.

In general, rest stops are pretty decent, I’m always on my A game esp when traveling alone or just with the kids.
There have been a few rest stops in desolated areas that I’ve been leery of, but for the most part it seems most have a lot of travelers visiting.

I have added in that location. Here’s the updated map: Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps
Looking at your map, there doesn't seem to be a real direct route to her mom's. Maybe it's the city girl in me, but the whole route from Mollie's to her mom's looks really sort of treacherous for a pedestrian? Some of the roads and sidewalks don't continue, and some of them actually end. I know someone mentioned that earlier in one of the threads. It's a mile and some to her mom's "as the crow flies" but it's not easy to imagine her cutting across vacant land and yards. JMHO. Who knows, maybe it's normal to take that sort of route in that town. It would beat going up on the highway all the way to the road that leads out there.

Weirdos and criminals hiding in the restrooms (sadly, women's restroom especially) they stand up on the toilet so it appears nobody is occupying the stall and wait for the unsuspecting person to come. Especially late at night when there are less people travelling and stopping at the rest stop.

I thought you were describing a typical house with teenagers....

Truck stops are not that bad. The one I refer to is huge with multiple buildings and businesses. It's like a city. In fact it is kinda cool inside the main building. Well lit. Has barbers, and heck maybe a dentist, I forget. Just that they offer a full line-up of adult entertainment.

I have never felt intimidated at a real Truck Stop. although I am big, bad, and ugly.

Rest stops, on the other hand are often deserted. Bad things happen there. Alot of bad things.

Perhaps Mollie was abducted at a truck stop, or a semi-truck driver grabbed her while she was jogging in Brooklyn, a community of 1500?

Are you thinking that the reason that Mollie is missing is because she bought textbooks online?

Beyond university students selling books, creeps are lurking in college communities?

No, I am saying it is a possibility. Of course there’s creeps lurking in college communities. All you have to do is turn on the news.

Looking at the overhead of the farm, it appears the fence of the animal pen has been removed. If that is the case, there would be no pigs. The fence that is present looks like it served both as a segregation pen when there was an animal pen, and to secure the parking area in front of the barn.

If her run lasted only 15 minutes and according to her boyfriend her usual run was 45 minutes, then I would tend to lean towards her going missing on her run. Earlier I was convinced that she was taken from the home but all the recent facts have me thinking it happened on her jog. It will be interesting to see where Sharon Needles ends up on her run tomorrow at the 15 minute mark.

Looking forward to picture!

"We have a reasonable timeline that says she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to eight." This was Kriegel' s statement from the transcript from the interview. I would interpret that as the length of the jog. He didn't say " or eight, he said "to" eight.

Absolutely. You bet. Lots of creepy people, especially the first semester, before they flunk out.

Was stalked in college (and I am a guy). One guy pulled the turn on the shower and hide trick. Another person threw a fire extinguisher out a 12 floor window almost killing someone. There was a murder in a dorm room over spring break the year before. And that was one year.

Yeah, college campuses have alot of people crammed together in crazy accommodations.

And I didn't even mention the professors!

Mollie seems like someone who was kind, funny, intelligent and had such a bright future ahead. Of course any missing persons case is terrifying and sad but for some reason some really get stuck in my head and Mollie is one of these cases. The other for me was Jacob Wetterling. I still cry when I think too hard about him and his family.

I really hope Mollie’s case will be one of those bizarre outliers. It’s so heartbreaking. I just can’t imagine the pain her family is feeling.

I don’t have good a feeling about the PC being postponed but I hope that I’m wrong. I hope they’re close to finding Mollie.

RBBM

I was thinking of the Leah Rose Altmann. She was reported missing. Leah was residing in a higher crime area of Los Angeles, and was rumored to be homeless. After some time, she turned up safe.

Here is her thread: Found Safe - Leah Rose Altmann

There's always hope.

Last edited:
Both DC and DR have wives or " female partners".

Opinion - Agreed,this thread does go in circles ( as most do here until an arrest) but, once in a while someone comes up with some factual or thought provoking info. I have learned to just keep scrolling. If something good pops up( like DR's sighting) then the thread gets interesting for me.

Like I mentioned in my very first posting, it would benefit everyone,
I hear this a lot. Do we know any cases where this was true? Wouldn’t every killer own a pig farm then? Were there even pigs at the pig farm in Booklyn?

There are known cases, where serial killers have disposed of their victims via this method. A well documented case involved a Canadien serial killer. His victims were usually prostitutes/drug users. Pigs/hogs ARE capable of this disposal method. He confessed to killing 49 women.

Weirdos and criminals hiding in the restrooms (sadly, women's restroom especially) they stand up on the toilet so it appears nobody is occupying the stall and wait for the unsuspecting person to come. Especially late at night when there are less people travelling and stopping at the rest stop.
Ugh. I always try to go with what my senses are telling me and luckily we don’t travel late at night. But definitely something to be wary of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina