Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you leave for a while because it gets to be too much, something like Mollie happens and you'll be back to hash it out, find some way to help and basically hold hands with the rest of the posters here.
Oh I am only thinking of the horrible FB posts. Here I see none of that, and I am glad for it.

Perhaps Mollie was abducted at a truck stop, or a semi-truck driver grabbed her while she was jogging in Brooklyn, a community of 1500?

I really feel terrible even putting this theory out there but it crossed my mind. Not exactly that way, but it was a team. One or more in a vehicle involved with abducting and then off to the truck stop, in a semi and off onto I-80. Between the sleeper cabs and trailer portion of the truck, who's to see? I hope and imagine they requested and watched all the video from the truck stop locations. Praying to God this is not the case.

Wasn’t she moving to a new apartment?

Could she have come in contact with random people via internet virtual garage sale websites? 1) They need to look at her internet and see if she sold anything or was planning to.

Craigslist, as we know, is one way for a random person to get your address and come by. They should also look at any previous sales via the web she may have made because someone could have bought something from her in the past and knew she’d be there alone.

2) Was she looking for roommates? Many college friends would post on Facebook groups that they were seeking a roommate.

What if she came in contact with a stranger via apartment hunting and TOLD them she’d be spending time alone at her BF’s house?

BBM:
1) SOP
2) Mollie’s college roommate Ali told Dateline she and Mollie have already signed a lease on an apartment for the upcoming school year. College sophomore Mollie Tibbetts still missing after two weeks of searching

I feel better knowing I wasn't the only who thought/noticed this.
snipped by me---In reference to the truckstops on I-80 etc---
I network with truckers out on the roads every day. These truck stops and others are plastered with flyers and info on Mollie.
Some are interested in the reward, or course.
But most are interested because these dedicated men and women often leave their own kids at home for extended periods of time.
The truckstops, rest areas and all places that cater not only to truckers but to all travellers (including transients and those that drive or ride buses) are of great interest to me.
I have no evidence. Nada. Just an opinion like everyone else.
There seem to be several unsolved murders that could be connected to Mollie's disappearance in at least some way.
I am hoping so much that she is alive and being taken care of.
Trafficking doesn't seem likely. But one never knows.
Personally, working with those real cases of trafficking, I just cannot go there in my head because I would rather know flat-out that my loved-one was resting in peace than that. :(
Just saying and just my humble opinion
Chi

Looking at the overhead of the farm, it appears the fence of the animal pen has been removed. If that is the case, there would be no pigs. The fence that is present looks like it served both as a segregation pen when there was an animal pen, and to secure the parking area in front of the barn.

Unless they are in a confinement area. I am no expert on pigs, but I think some never get to see daylight.

Who was the young woman murdered in GA by creepy neighbor? That was in a college-town setting, she was a student. There are creeps a’plenty around campuses, student apts etc...but I don’t see that being true here...a local perp fits best with what we do know. Jmo

Does anybody know if the fitbit shows speed. Im just thinking if she was abducted while running can the fitbit shows data of her normal running speed and all of a sudden high speed (vehicle speed) or is it just the location data LE can get

If her run lasted only 15 minutes and according to her boyfriend her usual run was 45 minutes, then I would tend to lean towards her going missing on her run. Earlier I was convinced that she was taken from the home but all the recent facts have me thinking it happened on her jog. It will be interesting to see where Sharon Needles ends up on her run tomorrow at the 15 minute mark.

SharonNeedles - please please please go with someone(s)! Maybe make it a party! And if you ever feel even a tinge of uneasiness - STOP and move to where you are safe.

@Kapua said:
We do not know that MT's run was 15 minutes long.

I interpret LE timeline for 7:30-7:45p to mean that 2 witnesses sighted Mollie along her jogging route at 7:30 & 7:45p respectively, and not the duration of her run as 15 minutes total.

bbm

Totally agree. Nothing indicates the entire run was 15 minutes. moo

College towns are heavy on alcohol, heavy on stupid pranks, and heavy on danger to young women. And lately heavy on mass shootings. However you usually do not expect frank murders, cause there is always someone hanging around -- eyes on.

The sexual assault aspect was so bad that now colleges have to report their statistics to the federal government for potential students to see.

Truck stops are not that bad. The one I refer to is huge with multiple buildings and businesses. It's like a city. In fact it is kinda cool inside the main building. Well lit. Has barbers, and heck maybe a dentist, I forget. Just that they offer a full line-up of adult entertainment.

I have never felt intimidated at a real Truck Stop. although I am big, bad, and ugly.

Rest stops, on the other hand are often deserted. Bad things happen there. Alot of bad things.
Lol, but you look like a cute fox. Seriously I refrain from rest stops that are desolate. Husband and I stopped at a very desolate one early this year or last year at dusk and there was only one car there. I was petrified. The driver was in the men’s room making strange sounds according to hubby. Couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

Thank you so much! I was just going back there myself it was the sheriff, Kreigal, who stated the run was 15 minutes long. To me, that's a pretty reliable source!
Then the question is, if the run is only 15 mins long, how did they tell another witness that she returned home and did homework until late into the evening?

Reactions: d4j
"We have a reasonable timeline that says she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to eight." This was Kriegel' s statement from the transcript from the interview. I would interpret that as the length of the jog. He didn't say " or eight, he said "to" eight.
This is MOO, but I felt he was saying they have evidence that she was jogging from 7:30 to 7:45. That doesn't mean she wasn't jogging before 7:30 or wasn't jogging after 7:45. Just that they don't have hard evidence of anything further.

SharonNeedles - please please please go with someone(s)! Maybe make it a party! And if you ever feel even a tinge of uneasiness - STOP and move to where you are safe.

Thankfully, SharonofNeedels is some great big guy who is sending his daughter out with a gopro. Rumor is that she's taking the dog.

What are we thinking, that SharonofNeedles is going to end up like Mollie?

snipped by me---In reference to the truckstops on I-80 etc---
I network with truckers out on the roads every day. These truck stops and others are plastered with flyers and info on Mollie.
Some are interested in the reward, or course.
But most are interested because these dedicated men and women often leave their own kids at home for extended periods of time.
The truckstops, rest areas and all places that cater not only to truckers but to all travellers (including transients and those that drive or ride buses) are of great interest to me.
I have no evidence. Nada. Just an opinion like everyone else.
There seem to be several unsolved murders that could be connected to Mollie's disappearance in at least some way.
I am hoping so much that she is alive and being taken care of.
Trafficking doesn't seem likely. But one never knows.
Personally, working with those real cases of trafficking, I just cannot go there in my head because I would rather know flat-out that my loved-one was resting in peace than that. :(
Just saying and just my humble opinion
Chi

Thanks Chi:)
I made a mistake I feel like with that post. I should have said any vehicle or person at the truck stop..

So with points where she was spotted where does the 15 minute mark take her? She has to start at DJ/BJ/AH's home and go in some direction so she hit those places.

Or could the Sheriff have offered the "15 minute run" because that was the only segment of the run they had witnesses and video for?
I got the impression they got the information from the phone and fit bit data. That was back when they were saying they had a trove of information to look through

With regard to this case he:

- Consented to a search of his house w/o a warrant
- Surrendered his phone to LE overnight
- Submitted to a polygraph exam (after initially balking)
- Allowed LE and media to interview him several times

All I can say it that it seems to me that he’s been pretty cooperative, FWIW. None of HIS actions would lead me to draw a conclusion one way or the other. Now if we consider LE's actions:

1. Interviewed him at least 3 times
2. Searched his house
3. Searched his property
4. Asked him to take a polygraph test

That might lead some people to draw a conclusion. But not me, because we still cannot place him in Brooklyn the night MT went missing.

Just a reminder that given his extensive criminal record he could be on probation or parole and probation or parole conditions often include warrantless searches.

So it is an assumption that he "consented" to a search.

Also, he's pretty darn close to Brooklyn. We can't place many people there. But he resides close enough.

Who was the young woman murdered in GA by creepy neighbor? That was in a college-town setting, she was a student. There are creeps a’plenty around campuses, student apts etc...but I don’t see that being true here...a local perp fits best with what we do know. Jmo

Lauren Giddings- Mercer Law School student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member