Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I-95! People in Iowa would crap if they saw the I-95 stops in New Jersey. These things are concert monsters where the road goes what seems like a mile out into the night. You get into the truck stop and a waitress, who looks like she can bench press 300lbs and with the last decades mustard and ketchup on her outfit, slaps you and tell you what to order. I am not kidding.

The old basketball coach Al McGwire always said: "If the waitresses ankles aren't dirty, the chili aint no good".

Stormy, thanks for that post! It was nice to see something refreshing and funny to lighten the mood. :)

Thanks. So two PC's were cancelled this week? Anyone feel that is significant?
We were talking about it earlier when we heard and it's pretty much split between the camp that feels they just don't have anything new to report and the camp that feels that they've waiting on further info to be reviewed. On the upside, WC took the polygraph yesterday.

I must be mistaken. I thought that the man whose home was searched and he put his "girls" in bathroom as he himself panicked. I originally thought his "girls" were his dogs? I know that might sound weird but it is what I initially thought he meant. MOO

I found 2 possibilities after having read through all the posts and available online info including her SM. Both fit into the theory that she got home from her run but went walking towards her mother's house and got picked up on the way (also consistent with her father's theory that possible she went with someone who she knew and thought she could trust and circumstances got out of hand). I grew up as a distance runner in a rural area, and I would never have accepted a ride during a run, but I would have accepted if offered by someone I knew while walking from point A to point B. Problem is, I don't know where to go with this since if it is wrong it probably violates TOS, and of course it could make someone who is innocent feel very bad.

Without naming names and keeping it high level, Theory 1 is it seems from Mollie's SM years ago she had a bad relationship experience, maybe including some body shaming (which she has clearly, strongly gotten past), and she has posted at least 2 "no-means-no" type items. There is what seems like an antagonistic poster of comments to a few of Mollie's SM items (can't tell for sure, could be sarcasm and wit). Although her family and current boyfriend agree she has no enemies, is it possible someone in her past was holding an unrequited animosity? That person's account is mysteriously gone from the same SM platform. I was shocked when I was scrolling through a map posted a couple pages back and a specific family name coincidentally came up in the same general area south of I80 where everyone is guessing her electronic trail ended (which is too far to run.)

Theory 2 is a specific person in a position of trust and authority during an important time in her life, who in a recent interview referred to everything about Mollie in the past tense. It really stood out to me since everyone else in interviews was referring to her in the present tense.

I didn't invent either of these theories, they exist in a pattern within information that is available to everyone. Hate to throw anyone under the bus, but where do I go with this? Are these areas that would already be covered by LE?
I believe that if Mollie was going to her mom's for dinner, she would have ended her run there rather than returning to her boyfriend's home. Moooo

Last edited:
As I went for a run today, I just couldn’t help thinking that it is so gutsy to grab someone on a run just in the idea that all it takes is for one person to be looking out their window, or hidden behind a bush doing lawn work, etc. for them to see model and make of car and a girl that was once there, gone. Who chances that??

I must be mistaken. I thought that the man whose home was searched and he put his "girls" in bathroom as he himself panicked. I originally thought his "girls" were his dogs? I know that might sound weird but it is what I initially thought he meant. MOO
HA! I thought the same thing!

Interesting. A couple years ago I bought an infrared camera that attaches to an IPhone. Very helpful if you want to spot your dog outside. You tell it to sit, then look at how hot it is.

I wanted to do a research project following inflammation. One time we were looking for ghost towns, and came to a pretty old (for the Midwest) cemetery. Maybe I was wrong, but I could tell the graves by the infrared pattern. It was clearly 'warmer' over the graves.

I do not know if that was a real finding or not, but I suspect it was. A good resource is the Univ of Tennessee that engages in this kind of forensic research.

Point is, I think you are correct. However you would have to control for all the other living things - corn. animals etc.
Does anyone know if they have used the infrared cameras in recent days? Any locals or has anyone heard anything?

As I went for a run today, I just couldn’t help thinking that it is so gutsy to grab someone on a run just in the idea that all it takes is for one person to be looking out their window, or hidden behind a bush doing lawn work, etc. for them to see model and make of car and a girl that was once there, gone. Who chances that??
Exactly the sort of person who would abduct a runner in the first place.

<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>

There have been two pressers canceled. I haven't seen anyone characterize it as a conspiracy. People have mixed ideas about why. Personally, I think they're working on leads and possibly awaiting results on something. I do think it would help if they just said they'll hold a presser when they have more information, or information they can release, instead of scheduling and then canceling.

I'm sure there is information, we're just not privy to it. I think we understand that Mollie is not at fault for being abducted or murdered if that's what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, who are the founding families in Brooklyn? I gather that most of it's agricultural? Are the corn fields locally owned or any of them used by U of I for research purposes? And if so do they use students from U of I as interns?

Hi everyone. First time posting in this thread but I've been lurking WS for yeeeears now. I had a theory --- a quite plausible one --- and I apologize if it's already been discussed.

This isn't a terribly far-fetched idea and it could (possibly) easily be pulled off by anyone who put some forethought into their plan. Could it be possible she was abducted and killed and placed in an already-dug funeral plot that was to be used the following day? I know it seems crazy BUT it has been done before. It would be pretty easy to enter a graveyard where a plot had already been dug, maybe dig down a little further or simply cover the body with dirt from the mound, then put everything back and take off. I mean, how often do we drive by a graveyard late at night and never even think to look out and see if anyone is out there? I know I never do. Besides, a tent and chairs (should they already be up) would likely provide enough cover to hide a person who is up to no good. I'd be curious if LE considered that angle.
It's certainly creative thinking. But it's also a lot of work -- risky, time-consuming, hard work. Seems more like something from a movie. Maybe it's possible if you're killing somebody for insurance purposes or revenge, and you really, really, really want to make sure the body is never found. But doesn't seem to fit here.

Strange things, however, do happen. We had one local case where some young guys who were drunk/high decided to try to dig up a grave. They actually reached the burial vault and tried to pry it open. We had a judge who sometimes handed out "creative" sentences. As part of their sentence, they had to put flowers at the gravesite once a year, for five years. True story.

Unless they are in a confinement area. I am no expert on pigs, but I think some never get to see daylight.
Most hogs are indeed kept in those long metal structures (kind of like a very long quonset hut). Large fans to keep them cool & give fresh air are built into the ends of the structure, and the hogs are in separate pens in rows. Their feed/water pans are in front of them, and the hogs stand on "hog slats" which permit their waste to fall through the slat openings under the bottom of their pens. And true, most rarely ever get outside the pens. I am a city girl, but my college friend's dad was a (wealthy) hog farmer here in NC.

There are legitimate reasons, why us in LE, do not always release details of an on-going investigation. The goal is to resolve this matter, as expeditiously as possible. Not entertain the public, and jeopardize the investigation. The end result is what truly matters.
All these people working to find Mollie are professionals- extremely skilled experts at what they do- and I am sure this is not their first rodeo- for whatever reason they are witholding info or a timeline- it is not for me to guess or question as I am not in LE- I believe that they have this completely handled and do not need the public's help with any of this. All just my point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!