Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be careful The statement below is not correct, should read "last person" to see her before MISSING was this witness, right?

The only person to assert that he was the "last person" to see her alive was this witness, right?

Actually this ties into something I was thinking about.

We haven't heard anything new recently. We don't have a named suspect or POI, we don't have new evidence. I've skimmed the 50+ page threads and it seems like we are just going around in circles, talking about a lot of the same things that we've already discussed. There's not much "sleuthing" going on in this thread, and I don't think there will until something new comes up, either at the press conference, due to good journalism, police/FBI activity, whatever.

Perhaps it is time to give Harmony (and Tricia!) a bit of a break and close the discussion until we have something new to talk about. I wouldn't ordinarily suggest this but the speed at which this thread is going - and the number of edits the mods have to do because real names get listed or unrelated things (like the black SUV) are mentioned, means an incredible amount of work for them, to the point where the thread is closed every night just so they can get some sleep.

Maybe some of our eyeballs and minds can be used for the many other missing persons cases on this site, the ones that aren't getting featured on the nightly news.
I agree!!!

He could have put them in the bathroom to keep them out of the officers' way. If they're like my kids, they probably have toys in there to occupy them (bath toys). Like others said, he probably didn't want them to be scared either.

I know everyone is a suspect until they're ruled out, but I feel bad for these people speaking out because they're trying to help and everything they do being considered odd or suspicious. A bathroom probably isn't where I'd put my kids if my house was being searched, but I would probably put them somewhere to get them out of the way and keep them from being concerned there was a problem.

Actually this ties into something I was thinking about.

We haven't heard anything new recently. We don't have a named suspect or POI, we don't have new evidence. I've skimmed the 50+ page threads and it seems like we are just going around in circles, talking about a lot of the same things that we've already discussed. There's not much "sleuthing" going on in this thread, and I don't think there will until something new comes up, either at the press conference, due to good journalism, police/FBI activity, whatever.

Perhaps it is time to give Harmony (and Tricia!) a bit of a break and close the discussion until we have something new to talk about. I wouldn't ordinarily suggest this but the speed at which this thread is going - and the number of edits the mods have to do because real names get listed or unrelated things (like the black SUV) are mentioned, means an incredible amount of work for them, to the point where the thread is closed every night just so they can get some sleep.

Maybe some of our eyeballs and minds can be used for the many other missing persons cases on this site, the ones that aren't getting featured on the nightly news.
There's a press conference tomorrow, for what it's worth.

Why would he put his daughters in the bathroom? That already doesn't make sense. First of all, Police search all rooms when they search a house, so they are going to go into the bathroom.

Second of all, why would you put your kids in there in the first place? That makes no sense...the police are to be trusted, and you are teaching the kids to be afraid of them? (Not saying LE should be blindly trusted but come on).

That is really really odd.

Honestly it is not that odd. I do not have kids but if I did and I suddenly had cops at my door my first instinct would be to get my kids somewhere safe. I once lived in an interesting part of Cali and opened a door to 5 police officers (2 not in uniform but badges on their neck) all with gloves on looking like they wanted to scrap. They asked my name and before I said anything I turned to see where my girlfriend was and didn't acknowledge them until she was close by me. They thought her new car she purchased was stolen because the auto place mixed up the car title. They positioned cars around her vehicle to block it in and everything. We all laughed in the end but I didn't give the 5 cops a second thought until I knew where she was and was close to me. Every one responds differently and I do not see anything that he did as suspicious or odd. I think you are looking for something when there really isn't anything there.

Do any of these Brooklyn guys that may have spotted mollie have wives or girlfriends? Seems like a bunch of single guys staring out their windows all day.
Could just be that they are the ones speaking to the media. Doesn't mean women haven't come forward to LE. I suspect there were lots of women among those 200+ interviews and statements. JMO.

Could just be that they are the ones speaking to the media. Doesn't mean women haven't come forward to LE. I suspect there were lots of women among those 200+ interviews and statements. JMO.

If you were a woman in a town where another woman just went missing would you want to publicly disclose what you saw?

What are "black khaki yoga pants"?

That is a very good question. We know from all other accounts that Mollie was wearing black shorts and a pink sports bra. I don't think that shorts could be mistaken for yoga pants, and black khaki doesn't work either. I wonder what police make of this tip - credible or not?

The sighting location is a mile from where she was staying so she had been running for at least 20 mins, which would be half of her normal run, so she should have reached her destination by at least 8:30-8:45.

I think I'm chewing on the hypothesis that she never made it back home. That's what I've been thinking since there was no disturbance in the house and the dogs were contained. But if she was still on her run at 8:00 and that 9:45 time is related to her being in a home and sending a selfie, that changes things. Since we know she was seen at 7:30, I'm not sure the 8:00 sighting is that remarkable, but I'm also not clear about locations and directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it