Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wholeheartedly agree. The Son of Sam case was solved because David Berkowitz got a parking citation and LE was reviewing plates of cars parked near the crime scene.

The Karina Vetrano case was solved when LE reviewed their logs to found that Chanel Lewis had received a citation for public urination in the park where KV's body was found.

A tip of my baseball cap to LE everywhere. Most of the work is monotonous and nowhere near the excitement portrayed on TV.
wow incredible i didn't know those two cases were solved by such relatively minor routine police work. very interesting.

Who was the young woman murdered in GA by creepy neighbor? That was in a college-town setting, she was a student. There are creeps a’plenty around campuses, student apts etc...but I don’t see that being true here...a local perp fits best with what we do know. Jmo
Lauren Giddings. I've been reminded of her many times following Mollie's case. :(

"We have a reasonable timeline that says she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to eight." This was Kriegel' s statement from the transcript from the interview. I would interpret that as the length of the jog. He didn't say " or eight, he said "to" eight.
He also said:

Kriegel: We honestly don’t know. That was the last time she was sited.

I believe there were 2 witness sightings of Mollie jogging at 7:30 and 7:45p respectively, and not that 15 minutes was the duration of her jog. That doesn't follow the unconfirmed evidence since this July 25, 2018 interview. MOO

I have a question - along Historic 6, as Mollie might be climbing to get to 385 to turn right and go toward DJ's home there is a building that looks like a gas station BUT it is not. At least it doesn't come up when you google gas stations in the area. Is it a museum? What is it?

College towns are heavy on alcohol, heavy on stupid pranks, and heavy on danger to young women. And lately heavy on mass shootings. However you usually do not expect frank murders, cause there is always someone hanging around -- eyes on.

The sexual assault aspect was so bad that now colleges have to report their statistics to the federal government for potential students to see.

Clery Act - Wikipedia
Wikipedia about Jeanne Clery who was raped and murdered in her dorm room, and the Clery Act that now requires colleges who receive federal aid to report crime statistics
Rest In Peace Jeanne Clery

SharonNeedles - please please please go with someone(s)! Maybe make it a party! And if you ever feel even a tinge of uneasiness - STOP and move to where you are safe.
No worries, I’m good. I’m a big guy and this community, despite the impression you might have been getting, is safe and ridiculously friendly.

Then the question is, if the run is only 15 mins long, how did they tell another witness that she returned home and did homework until late into the evening?
Could it be possible that her first run was shorter than usual because she knew she would be going out again, a little later, on another walk/jog to her Mother's to eat/pick up the car ?

bbm

Totally agree. Nothing indicates the entire run was 15 minutes. moo
To me, the statement that she was out jogging from 7:45 TO quarter to eight means LE thinks that was the approximate length of her jog. He could be off but it is significant to me since he said it right after they said they were studying the data.

We have to explain, people in Iowa are not like, normal.

When we see a tornado we do not go to the basement. Nope, we follow it. We get into our SUVs or batmobiles and go out tornado chasing. I am serious.

Everyone not from Iowa says that is pretty stupid. I say it is genetic.

However it can get you into trouble. Once (and I was not chasing) a tornado came right at my car, in the general area of I-80 at Brooklyn (seriously). It was a little once, but I did not think it was going to turn out well.
Truth. LOL I live in Houston now but absolutely we Iowans will walk outside and watch that funnel cloud come right at us!

I have to mention this before I go off to bed. While looking at the map with the route posted, I noticed a business nearby that is a grain elevator. If you click on the icon, it's takes you to their website. The site says the grain elevators are being closed for the season on August 1st, so get grain in by then. Has that area been checked, and if so, did anyone check the grain storage? I am not going to go any further with my thoughts because I am hoping to be able to sleep tonight. Hope the morning comes, and the reason for the delay on the press conference is that she is back, live and well and just needed personal time with family.

Truck stops are not that bad. The one I refer to is huge with multiple buildings and businesses. It's like a city. In fact it is kinda cool inside the main building. Well lit. Has barbers, and heck maybe a dentist, I forget. Just that they offer a full line-up of adult entertainment.

I have never felt intimidated at a real Truck Stop. although I am big, bad, and ugly.

Rest stops, on the other hand are often deserted. Bad things happen there. Alot of bad things.

Some truck stops feel safer than others and some are down right frightening unless you’re big, bad and ugly.

My mind keeps processing "fifteen minutes" from Sheriff and "who was in Brooklyn on July 18th" from Director Winker.

Clearly the starting point is include the city limits of Brooklyn, IA for where Molly disappeared.

The question as of July 19th to today is IS SHE STILL in BROOKLYN or is she somewhere else?

WHERE ARE YOU MOLLIE TIBBETTS!

Opinion - They are going to pat themselves on their LE backs for their many long hard hours of dedicated work in this investigation. They will promise to never give up and persevere on for justice for Mollie and her family. They will then not give any new or old info, because they do have any, or are unwilling to share what they have, because of the ongoing investigation. They will ask for the public's continued help........Opinion - Until Mollie comes home, a body is found, or an arrest is made, we aren't going to learn much new.

Being I am a retired LE officer, I have already commented on WHY LE with holds info at pressers. So I wont continue repeating it.
I am apparently one of the minority, who understand the reasons.
IMO, LE releasing very limited public info, is a positive aspect. This investigation is obviously complex.
LE cancelled tomorrow's presser; I perceive that as they have active leads, they are following up on. Not that they its come to a standstill.

I'm really hoping that Mollie is alive somewhere. However, the only scenario I can think of where this would be true is if she is being held as a sex slave somewhere. She could be drugged and restrained, hidden away somewhere.

I'm on the fence about WC. He's a weirdo and has a criminal record, but I'm not sure if that alone means he killed Mollie. They would have to have some solid proof.

If the neighbor saw her jogging at 9 pm then I believe she was definitely grabbed and stuffed into a vehicle. It probably happened within seconds and she didn't know what hit her. Poor girl. I can only imagine the sudden terror and panic she would have felt.

Waiting until Monday for the PC seems like an eternity!!! :mad::mad::mad:

<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>

I don't lean towards this (specifically her buying stuff for college) for a few reasons:

1. She's a rising sophomore. When you are just heading off to college for the first time, there's stuff you need that you may not have your own of. Sophomore year you mostly have it figured out, unless you are moving off campus and want/need furniture/cooking stuff/etc.
2. Textbooks, I'm not even sure I knew what my textbooks would be late July. Even then it's much easier to buy them once you get to school since you are surrounded by fellow students who are trying to sell their books, the used bookstores, etc. Plus if she bought them in Brooklyn, she'd have to haul heavy books up to UI.
3. Furniture. This also goes like textbooks, you don't necessarily want to haul it all the way up to school when you can probably hit a thrift store or some moving grad students. Probably the same for a lot of goods.

Of course if she was the cops both know about it and have emails and can track down who they were talking to. Not something we can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I heard Congress and Strzok talk about being 'read in' I about crapped. Polygraphs basically measure physiological parameters - GSR, HR, BP, etc. They are not accurate. A seasoned, cool sociopath can beat them every time. And a nervous innocent person will be 'positive'.
The FBI must do because of tradition.
bbm
Yes, indeed -- I heard some of the very the very things you mentioned (I bolded) in your post, when I was "attending" an online lecture series about sociopaths. LE's knowledge of and aggravation with s/pathic traits and how to deal with them was mentioned in one lecture. Due to several of their common traits, LDT's are very frustrating to LE -- "What have we got here?" etc., and usually they know exactly what they've got.
-------
And LE sometimes uses them, as I posted earlier, to rule out suspects in some situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova