Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should get three questions so we could triangulate. Will shift MG7s's question to this one:

If you had three questions about this case for LE, what would those three questions be?

Did Mollie make it home
What time was it that the snapchat pic her boyfriend said was the last thing he got from her.
What time did she speak to her mom about dinner.

Although no two cases are the same, the sad reality for me is it doesn’t matter if she was taken by a stranger or someone she knew. We may never have answers. I recall a case local to my home a few years ago where someone was likely taken by someone they knew. Phone data proved he was in the area....not a crime though. Two years later there is nothing but a confession to a cell mate by that person. On the flip side take the Delphi case where there too is phone data depicting a supposed stranger and still no resolution. Either way everyone involved loses.

Sadly, these cases seem to remain unresolved as often as not.

Does anybody know if LE took the dogs on the possible routes? And if they did , did the dogs picked up a smell?
Also, beside the car theory maybe a neighbor saw her running asked her for help (putting away bags on the back) or something like that and then kept her.
That would explain why the LE searched witness home. Maybe they are thinking the same way

From what I have read about her, she seemed to be reliable and purposeful. She may have been staying at both places over the summer, but she was specifically tasked with taking care of the dogs for the time no one else was at the brothers' house. I think that she had no intention of staying at moms that night because of dog duty, but fully intended to keep her routine of jogging, stopping at moms to grab some dinner, get one of the red shirts for the field trip the next day and either take the car or have her brother drive her back to DJ's and maybe pick her up to take her to work the next morning. If the last known witness account is accurate, as to being around 8pm or 9ish, she had probably been running for a half hour or so and was on her way to moms before it was too dark. But there was still some dusky daylight when she was abducted or willingly got in a vehicle. I think it must have happened quickly, for there to have been NO witnesses. I suspect that there were 2 people in the vehicle....a driver and a nabber (or lurer). The one thing that does not compute to me, is the late evening snapshot as reported by her boyfriend. I don't think he has a reason to lie about it, but I wonder if he is mistaken about the time it was actually sent from her....because a smiling snap with "hey" captioned, sent any time after around 9pm just doesn't make sense. JMO
He has no idea when it was sent, only when he opened it, and even that he wasn't sure of

Did Mollie make it home
What time was it that the snapchat pic her boyfriend said was the last thing he got from her.
What time did she speak to her mom about dinner.

Fair questions but not sure how it helps to know...LE must know these things and yet...

A thought. Don't shoot me for this. And I disclaim any 'body shaming'. And I understand this is sensitive.

In most of her photos MT was slender. She was athletic in HS and slender. Distance runner. In that last video she was more 'muscular'.

She had a 2-3 hour phone call with a confident -- her father. That had to be a lengthy and important discussion.

Ok (deep breath) Could she have been pregnant? ( I don't mean that for sensationalism, but it is part of life and biology) Could that have been an issue she would discuss with her father? That could well lead to very sensitive situations and emotional responses.

Something not to be disclosed to the public by LE. Something that might result in a big big crisis? And something the father knows and colors his comments?

After going back through at least 2 years of Tweets I saw she wrote about her weight gain during her Senior year of HS. She discussed her shame & her inner growth that led her toward a greater appreciation of herself. From reading through her tweets, I really adored her personality, which jumps off the screen. She is very relatable & funny. I hope she is found alive soon

I have been trying to catch up for weeks, twenty pages to go to catch up, (unless I get there and it says there's a new thread.) No one post another word til I get there.

Trying to keep up with this case is like trying to catch a tiger by the tail, as the saying goes. I appreciate all the hard work the mods do here, and also the overnight closing. Now, Mollie, come home!

That's what I was hoping for, but i checked the beginning of the thread and unfortunately not
WOULD SOME WISE PERSON, then, compile a who's who scorecard matching initials with actual identities (or roll person plays in this case)?

This would be very helpful and could subsequently be pinned at the beginning of each new thread.

I need to know about bogs. Not hogs, bogs. We do not have them where I am from or perhaps we call them something else in the South. Are they the equivalent to a swamp.? Marshland? Are they naturally occurring and do most of these pig farms have one? Can they be drained?

My POV/Theory: At this point, I believe the investigators have a decent idea who is responsible and currently gathering solid evidence for a conviction. Everything indicates that she made it home that evening and either went missing late July 18 or on the morning of July 19. (Per Fitbit info as reported by the Jacks' neighbor, DC, and Mollie's computer activity as reported by JT as relayed to him via LE). The Jacks found their dogs in the basement, and per DJ and BJ, they are always released once someone is home. So, one can reasonably assume that Mollie released them when she returned from jogging prior to working on her school paper. With the dogs being found in the basement after Mollie went missing, and the house not disturbed, then it's likely that she confined them to the basement before she again exited the house (likely to work) in the morning, especially with assumption her red work shirt is missing (although that's in debate). She didn't pre-arrange to retrieve the shared car from her brother, despite an important event the next day at work. Not many would wait until the morning of work to figure out transportation when one needs to arrive at 8:00 AM (time, per co-worker). That would suggest that she had already pre-arranged a ride with someone else. With her digital footprint being kept under wraps, I think her cell phone and computer info has already led LE to a suspect/person of interest related to that possible ride arrangement.

<mod changed full names to initials>

Last edited by a moderator:
After going back through at least 2 years of Tweets I saw she wrote about her weight gain during her Senior year of HS. She discussed her shame & her inner growth that led her toward a greater appreciation of herself. From reading through her tweets, I really adored her personality, which jumps off the screen. She is very relatable & funny. I hope she is found alive soon

She seems very self-aware for a 20 year old. I didn't get any sort of flakiness. She seems well-grounded, goal oriented and generally happy and I don't mean in just a FB/Twitter sort of way. Why I 100% do not think she did a runner like Jennifer Whatshername, the runaway bride.

I need to know about bogs. Not hogs, bogs. We do not have them where I am from or perhaps we call them something else in the South. Are they the equivalent to a swamp.? Marshland? Are they naturally occurring and do most of these pig farms have one? Can they be drained?
Usually naturally occurring, bogs are marshy areas.

Some are drainable. Not sure if most pig farms have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upnorthmichigansleuth